Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? (/showthread.php?tid=916)

How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - dbcowboy - 07-03-2023

Like most Americans, I will celebrate the 4th the same as we always have.

We already have our Tree of Liberty up and decorated.  It's been watered with the blood of British tyrants (symbolically, thanks Nigel for your sacrifice) and we'll have hot dogs by the fireplace for Uncle Sam to eat when he comes down the chimney and places presents under the tree so in the morning, we will awaken to gifts of Freedom!

Big Grin

How will you spend yours?

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - F2d5thCav - 07-03-2023

I recall the 200th "birthday" back in '76.  Can't believe we're almost at 250 years now.  Somehow, don't believe the country will make it to 300; the pace of change is too violent and getting more so.

Cheers

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Ninurta - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 07:50 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I recall the 200th "birthday" back in '76.  Can't believe we're almost at 250 years now.  Somehow, don't believe the country will make it to 300; the pace of change is too violent and getting more so.

Cheers

Almost my thoughts exactly. I recall the bicentennial, too. I got one of those bicentennial quarters, showed it to my Dear Old Dad, and flat out told him "It's nice, but I don't think we'll survive as a nation to ever see a tricentennial".

But I'll celebrate it this year the same way I always do - fire several full auto bursts at 3 am, then disassemble the gat and hide the parts, turn all the lights off like I'm asleep, and wait to see if any cops show up.

It's become a tradition!

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - dbcowboy - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 09:14 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-03-2023, 07:50 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I recall the 200th "birthday" back in '76.  Can't believe we're almost at 250 years now.  Somehow, don't believe the country will make it to 300; the pace of change is too violent and getting more so.

Cheers

Almost my thoughts exactly. I recall the bicentennial, too. I got one of those bicentennial quarters, showed it to my Dear Old Dad, and flat out told him "It's nice, but I don't think we'll survive as a nation to ever see a tricentennial".

But I'll celebrate it this year the same way I always do - fire several full auto bursts at 3 am, then disassemble the gat and hide the parts, turn all the lights off like I'm asleep, and wait to see if any cops show up.

It's become a tradition!

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-03-2023

I will celebrate by going to the laundromat. I will mix up the colored and white loads and wash everything in hot water. Then I will quietly sob while eating vending machine snacks as I dodge floating softener sheets and dryer lint.  Freedom!

(07-03-2023, 09:27 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I will celebrate by going to the laundromat. I will mix up the colored and white loads and wash everything in hot water. Then I will quietly sob while eating vending machine snacks as I dodge floating softener sheets and dryer lint.  Freedom!

Wink

Cheers

I hardly recognize the US now.

It's the same though with the UK where I grew up.  I don't recognize the "attitude" or mindset more than anything else.

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Ninurta - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 09:27 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I will celebrate by going to the laundromat. I will mix up the colored and white loads and wash everything in hot water. Then I will quietly sob while eating vending machine snacks as I dodge floating softener sheets and dryer lint.  Freedom!

That's how I always do laundry. The fireworks come as soon as Grace sees what I've done. Every day can be the Fourth of July!

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - 727Sky - 07-03-2023

Cheers

In 1976 I was sitting at temple complex (that was supposedly close to 2000 years old which I later found out was only 1300 years old) with a girl by the name of Wena on a blanket for a picnic. Knowing a little history (written by the victors) I was struct by all the people who have gone before me fighting, loving, dying for causes that are long dead and many forgotten.

Since that year on the 4th when I wake up I raise a glass of coffee in a form of a salute and simply say, " I salute your sacrifices" ... Hopefully it means something to the dead; at least it means something to me..call me sentimental ?

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-03-2023

Beer, lots O'beer! Hamburgs, hot dogs, brats, wings, 9 flavors of potato salad & moar beer!

[Image: pXdnUTX.jpg]

[Image: 6rHlAid.jpg]

And ending with...

[Image: j3SgQtX.gif]

Will we even make it to next election?

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Bally002 - 07-03-2023

You all have a fine fourth of July.  Stay safe in those laundromats.  It's the 4th here and I really didn't put much thought into your celebrations.  

@"dbcowboy"#133 - Started reading your post and you had me sucked right in  Laughing.  At the beginning I'm reading thinking to myself.  'Never heard of the 4th celebrations being like this in America.'  

Full moon here was lighting the place up like twilight all night.  Couldn't sleep.  Mind was groggy but DB got me.  Still chortling in my stupor.

I'll have a coffee to clear my thoughts and contemplate putting a laundromat next to the smoker and pretend the smoked jerky is my vending machine.  My 'trouble and strife' can go to work in a uniform smelling like chilli roadkill roo.

See what you guys have done!  I had faith and belief in the 'down to earth' American friends here. lol.

Regards to all,

Bally)

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Infolurker - 07-03-2023

It's funny, when I was a kid, I dreamed of being able to buy all the fireworks I wanted.... now that I am an adult, I could care less and am worried my grandkids will burn themselves...

(07-03-2023, 10:33 PM)Bally002 Wrote: You all have a fine fourth of July.  Stay safe in those laundromats.  It's the 4th here and I really didn't put much thought into your celebrations.  

@"dbcowboy"#133 - Started reading your post and you had me sucked right in  Laughing.  At the beginning I'm reading thinking to myself.  'Never heard of the 4th celebrations being like this in America.'  

Full moon here was lighting the place up like twilight all night.  Couldn't sleep.  Mind was groggy but DB got me.  Still chortling in my stupor.

I'll have a coffee to clear my thoughts and contemplate putting a laundromat next to the smoker and pretend the smoked jerky is my vending machine.  My 'trouble and strife' can go to work in a uniform smelling like chilli roadkill roo.

See what you guys have done!  I had faith and belief in the 'down to earth' American friends here. lol.

Regards to all,

Bally)

John Cleese once stated that they celebrate July 5th.

That they were glad to be rid of our sorry lot!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - 727Sky - 07-03-2023

It is the year 2566 in this country and every new year year they celebrate with fire works... Mostly bottle rockets and sparklers unless the temples get fired up with the big stuff which cost to much for your average citizen.

Fireworks and Kids has always been a big draw...since I was a kid..! Many a Red Ant hill was demolished with cherry bombs and M-80s... which now I kinda regret

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - Bally002 - 07-03-2023

(07-03-2023, 10:46 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:
(07-03-2023, 10:33 PM)Bally002 Wrote: You all have a fine fourth of July.  Stay safe in those laundromats.  It's the 4th here and I really didn't put much thought into your celebrations.  

Regards to all,

Bally)

John Cleese once stated that they celebrate July 5th.

That they were glad to be rid of our sorry lot!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I understand.  Similar story line here just different day mate.  Cheers for the smile.

Smile

Bally)

RE: How will you celebrate the 4th of July? - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-04-2023

(07-03-2023, 07:44 PM)dbcowboy Wrote: How will you spend yours?

I will spend the first part of my day at the Vet.

Mid day searching for kittens.

Evening with family and friends for fellowship and a good meal.

And the night trying to make up to my crits for abandoning them for the majority of the day. 

Have a blessed 4th of July.

MinusculeCheers

Looks like some people will be skiing.