Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
To Do / Done List - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation New Developments (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: To Do / Done List (/showthread.php?tid=19)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To Do / Done List - Gordi - 11-02-2022

I've tweaked the username colour for the "Registered" user group to a brighter blue as requested by @"Ninurta"#2

For reference -
The change is made in:
Admin CP,
Users and Groups,
Groups,

Select Registered from the list of groups.

In option "Username Style", change the font color hexadecimal number...
( In this case from:
{username}
to
<s<span style="color: #0087fd;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

- **copied from RN3 AdminCP )

I've changed the colour of the Shoutbox title to bright Blue (color: #0087fd)
In line #45 of theme6 global.css

I've also changed the shoutbox shout color to the same bright blue (color: #0087fd) in line #1902 of theme6 global.css
as previously requested by #Sol

G

I've changed the background colour in the Recent Alerts window, to make the highlighted alert easier to read - when an alert was highlighted, the text color was changing to the same grey color as the background bar!
I have now darkened the bar color to color: #34343c in theme1 alerts.css as follows:

I changed:

.alert.alert--read td.trow1 {
    background-color: #F5F5F5;
}

to
.alert.alert--read td.trow1 {
    background-color: #34343c;
}

G

I've changed the header font e.g. "Recent Threads" from Vidaloka to Tahoma to make it more legible and to fit in with rest of the site fonts.

In Theme6 global.css

Change:
.thead {
    background: linear-gradient(-45deg, #4b8ee5E5, #4b8ee5E5 45%, #4b8ee5 45%);
    color: #f5f5f5;
    padding: 14px 14px;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-family: 'Vidaloka', cursive;
    text-transform: normal;

to

.thead {
    background: linear-gradient(-45deg, #4b8ee5E5, #4b8ee5E5 45%, #4b8ee5 45%);
    color: #f5f5f5;
    padding: 14px 14px;
    font-size: 12px;
    font-family: 'Tahoma', cursive;
    text-transform: normal;

G

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-03-2022

(11-02-2022, 05:51 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Sol Wrote: I notice that a lot of the changes I've done have reverted to their original settings and that pisses me off...

I could be wrong but I think that changing the settings in the CPanel is useless. It needs to be changed in the ACP templates. Or both?

Something is making those changes go back to the default mode. And the default mode was created without a lot of deep thinking.

As Freija said in another post, the theme author didn't exactly break his balls trying to contrast different colors. Or adjusting font sizes, for instance.

Now with Freija having keys and with Gordi a bit more available, I'll be able to concentrate on major settings that are needed, for which I'll be available this coming weekend.

A bit frustrated that some changes have set back to default. But hey...no deadlines at least.

Marc.

There may be a command hierarchy where lower level commands override higher level commands coming down, as they get closer to the site, to prevent conflicts in command mismatches.

Perhaps, or a code line put in there, somewhere, by the theme author on resetting to default if changes are made, to kinda secure his work. Will look further into it over the weekend if it happens again. I see changes have been made - the shoutbox for instance - looks better and those changes weren't made by me so I'll keep an eye open to see if it reverts.

@"Freija"#14 @"Gordi"#4 

Hey guys & gals,

I don't know which one of you two changed the Shoutbox title and font colors but it looks great!!  :heart:

When you do make a change though, please edit the OP to let me know that it's been done. I've just edited it now.

The Shoutbox was obvious to see but there might be more subtle changes made and I'd need to be aware of it when it's done just so I don't waste time on it.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for helping out!! You have NO IDEA how much I appreciate it !!!!

Marc.

RE: To Do / Done List - Gordi - 11-03-2022

(11-03-2022, 09:03 AM)Sol Wrote: @"Freija"#14 @"Gordi"#4 

Hey guys & gals,

I don't know which one of you two changed the Shoutbox title and font colors but it looks great!!  :heart:

When you do make a change though, please edit the OP to let me know that it's been done. I've just edited it now.

The Shoutbox was obvious to see but there might be more subtle changes made and I'd need to be aware of it when it's done just so I don't waste time on it.

Thank you Thank you Thank you for helping out!! You have NO IDEA how much I appreciate it !!!!

Marc.

That was me Marc,
Sorry - I read the OP and thought that you meant to post any changes that we made here in the thread, and that you would update the OP accordingly.

I've detailed all of the tweaks I've made so far, in the posts on this thread previous to this one.

cheers,
G

I've tweaked the drop-down navbar (which appears when you click on your username on the RHS of the mainpage under the banner, to get access to UserCP, Avatar Edit, Sig Edit etc) so that the font is larger and more legible.

The changes were done as follows:

In Theme6 css3.css change:
#navbarmenu {
    background: linear-gradient(45deg, #042461 0%, rgba(225, 5, 34, 0) 70%), linear-gradient(135deg, #340447 10%, rgba(49, 5, 209, 0) 80%), linear-gradient(225deg, #0f053a 10%, rgba(10, 219, 216, 0) 80%), linear-gradient(315deg, #050813 100%, rgba(9, 245, 5, 0) 70%);
    overflow: hidden;
    font-size: 13px;
    color: #fff;
}

to

#navbarmenu {
    background: linear-gradient(45deg, #042461 0%, rgba(225, 5, 34, 0) 70%), linear-gradient(135deg, #340447 10%, rgba(49, 5, 209, 0) 80%), linear-gradient(225deg, #0f053a 10%, rgba(10, 219, 216, 0) 80%), linear-gradient(315deg, #050813 100%, rgba(9, 245, 5, 0) 70%);
    overflow: hidden;
    font-size: 14px;
}

and
#navbarmenu ul li a {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: 'Garamond', cursive;
}
to
#navbarmenu ul li a {
    text-decoration: none;
    font-family: 'Tahoma', cursive;
}

I'll add this to the OP.

Cheers,
G

Re: The USER dropdown navbar ALERTS Icon...

All of the other USER dropdown navbar elements use FAS (FontAwesome Solid) Icons.

The Fontawesome icons used in our USER dropdown navbar are as follows:

useca-icon fas fa-user  for USER CP
usec-icon fas fa-image  for AVATAR EDIT
useca-icon fas fa-cog  for SIGNATURE EDIT
ALERTS - none (yet)
usec-icon fas fa-gavel  for MOD CP
useca-icon fas fa-bolt  for ADMIN CP
usec-icon fas fa-power-off  for LOG OUT

A good example for ALERTS would be triangle-exclamation:
fa-solid fa-triangle-exclamation
Used like this:
<i class="fa-solid fa-triangle-exclamation"></i>

in the appropriate piece of code.
That icon can be accessed/downloaded from fontawesome.com but I haven't yet found where these icons are stored locally for our site.

Anyone know??
G

As requested by Snarl:

I changed the Super Moderator group username color from cerise pink to orange.

For this change:
Go to AdminCP, User & Groups, Groups, and select Super Moderators.

Change Username Style from:
<span style="color: #CC00CC;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>
to
<span style="color: #FFA803;"><strong>{username}</strong></span>

G

@"Gordi"#4 

I tried replying to your post but I’ve got an icon for the alerts. 

I’ll load it up when I get back from work. 

Marc.

(11-03-2022, 02:23 PM)Gordi Wrote: Re: The USER dropdown navbar ALERTS Icon...

All of the other USER dropdown navbar elements use FAS (FontAwesome Solid) Icons.

The Fontawesome icons used in our USER dropdown navbar are as follows:

useca-icon fas fa-user  for USER CP
usec-icon fas fa-image  for AVATAR EDIT
useca-icon fas fa-cog  for SIGNATURE EDIT
ALERTS - none (yet)
usec-icon fas fa-gavel  for MOD CP
useca-icon fas fa-bolt  for ADMIN CP
usec-icon fas fa-power-off  for LOG OUT

A good example for ALERTS would be triangle-exclamation:
fa-solid fa-triangle-exclamation
Used like this:
<i class="fa-solid fa-triangle-exclamation"></i>

in the appropriate piece of code.
That icon can be accessed/downloaded from fontawesome.com but I haven't yet found where these icons are stored locally for our site.

Anyone know??
G

Here's one that I found that would be ok. It's 40px X 40px but could be resized if needed:

[Image: 6nS8EWK.png]

I tried to find where those icons are located but haven't found them yet..

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-04-2022

(11-01-2022, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Is a separate plugin required for "Find All Posts" for any specific member? I can't find a way to find all posts or find all threads, and I think that would be handy in the hunt for spammers.

I warned my sock puppet, and warnings work just fine.

No need for a plugin, I just found out that it's already there.

When you click on the username of a member, to see the profile, clicking on activity will give it to you - 

(Find All Threads - Find All Posts)

[Image: 7GXRLxs.png]

I also discovered that there is a new Options button, which gives the Thank You reports.

[Image: xlz125x.png]

Kinda cool. Pretty much like the Applause system in ATS BUT, here, ALL members will be able to give and receive Thank Yous.

I'm going to give you a Thank You right now for bringing this up. You should get an alert about it.

Marc.

Login code mismatch / the dreadful message / should be fixed. I uploaded and installed the login patch which resolves the issue while we await MyBB 1.9

The plugin has to be installed with the new theme and did not work from a previous theme (which was our case) to a new theme.

That issue should be fixed.

RE: To Do / Done List - Ninurta - 11-04-2022

(11-04-2022, 08:22 AM)Sol Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Is a separate plugin required for "Find All Posts" for any specific member? I can't find a way to find all posts or find all threads, and I think that would be handy in the hunt for spammers.

When you click on the username of a member, to see the profile, clicking on activity will give it to you - 

I also discovered that there is a new Options button, which gives the Thank You reports.

Kinda cool. Pretty much like the Applause system in ATS BUT, here, ALL members will be able to give and receive Thank Yous.

I'm going to give you a Thank You right now for bringing this up. You should get an alert about it.

Marc.

Yup, the "thank you" threw an alert into my alerts. Funny about the find all threads/posts - that wasn't there when I checked before, but now it is. maybe some tweak had an unforeseen consequence of opening it up.

RE: To Do / Done List - Snarl - 11-04-2022

[attachment=48 Wrote:Ninurta pid='448' dateline='1667594216']

Marc.

Yup, the "thank you" threw an alert into my alerts. Funny about the find all threads/posts - that wasn't there when I checked before, but now it is. maybe some tweak had an unforeseen consequence of opening it up.

This kind'a sucks:

(11-04-2022, 08:36 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

Marc.

That might be due to a file that was missing - that I found while looking at downloaded files again for a tweak - and reinstalled.

(11-04-2022, 09:17 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Marc.

This kind'a sucks:

A limit ?!?

A setting needs changing. Thanks for bringing this up, Snarl !!

RE: To Do / Done List - Snarl - 11-05-2022

(11-04-2022, 11:07 PM)Sol Wrote:
(11-04-2022, 09:17 PM)Snarl Wrote:

Marc.

This kind'a sucks:

A limit ?!?

A setting needs changing. Thanks for bringing this up, Snarl !!

Yep, a limit. It's still in effect (on me) this a.m.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-06-2022

I've edited the OP to a simple TO DO / DONE list.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-06-2022

Just installed the famous announcement bars. Version 2.0