Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation Tutorials (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Posting images and gifs from third party.. (/showthread.php?tid=57)

Pages: 1 2

Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Sol - 11-12-2022

To post full size images or gifs without having to use the attachments, you might want to use a third party image server.

This is what I do to post images and gifs in threads or posts. I use IMGUR but they now ask for a phone number when you register and some peeps aren't at ease with that request.

As an alternative, I've installed a link at the very bottom of the index/home page for a third party image hosting server:

[Image: rjGqIi6.png]

Freeimage is free, easy to register to and here is a little tutorial on how it works with our MyBB platform:

1 - Save your image or gif to your desktop so that it's easy to find.

2 - Then you can either drag and drop your image or gif OR you can click on the start uploading button.

3 - Now that you can see your image or gif, just click upload:

[Image: dbedIpW.png]

Your picture has now been uploaded and this is what you should see now:

[Image: fvRs1lC.png]

In the Embed codes dropdown menu, select BBCode full, as shown here:

[Image: 1BLUoxo.png]

Now when you hover over the box underneath BBCode full, a copy button will appear:

[Image: MeMG04x.png]

Click on the copy button and you are now ready to paste that image in a thread or a post.

I use ( ctrl v ) Or Control V to paste it. Now you image shows up, like this:

[Image: yG1vet.jpg]

Same goes for a gif, like this:

[Image: ngWaCgD.gif]

Once you get used to it, it's very repetitive in action so it becomes quick and easy.

Try it... use this thread as a test thread. 

It's fun to see full images or gifs instead of little attachments.

Enjoy !!

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Gordi - 11-12-2022

[Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif][Image: giphy.gif]

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - BIAD - 11-12-2022

Using the Freeimage.host site is easy as Sol says. If BIAD can use it you can too.
(I still believe phones should have curly wires attached to them!)

I merely log in, look to the top-right-hand side of the page and upload my wanted
image.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=58]

No fuss and guess what...? Rogue Nation doesn't even get funding from them
for advertising their site!!

(Yet!)  Wink

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Sol - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 09:40 AM)BIAD Wrote: Using the Freeimage.host site is easy as Sol says. If BIAD can use it you can too.
(I still believe phones should have curly wires attached to them!)

I merely log in, look to the top-right-hand side of the page and upload my wanted
image.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=58]

No fuss and guess what...? Rogue Nation doesn't even get funding from them
for advertising their site!!

(Yet!)  Wink

Oh I kinda like that idea....

But on the other side, they're free to use. So if it can help anyone with putting images and gifs into their posts, it's a win/win..

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Finspiracy - 11-12-2022

Okay i see. But why would i do this?

If i find something i like, it is so easy to just copy paste the link into attachment. The only positive i can think of, about using image hosting, is that if the image i like, disappears from the internet, then it probably is gone from the forum also. And i think that would not happen if the image is saved and then uploaded to host service. Anything more? Reasons why i should learn this way, described in the OP?

[Image: rogue-ez-squad.gif]

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - GeauxHomeLittleD - 11-12-2022

[Image: NUnrmyl.gif]

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Sol - 11-12-2022

(11-12-2022, 05:18 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Okay i see. But why would i do this?

If i find something i like, it is so easy to just copy paste the link into attachment. The only positive i can think of, about using image hosting, is that if the image i like, disappears from the internet, then it probably is gone from the forum also. And i think that would not happen if the image is saved and then uploaded to host service. Anything more? Reasons why i should learn this way, described in the OP?

[Image: rogue-ez-squad.gif]

It's just an alternative. I change my avatar with a third party holder. We change the banners with a third party holder. It also takes weight off the database, by not storing them here.

But it's just an alternative.

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - BIAD - 11-13-2022

(11-12-2022, 10:12 PM)Sol Wrote: It's just an alternative. I change my avatar with a third party holder. We change the banners with a third party holder. It also takes weight off the database, by not storing them here.

That was why I was interested in storing images elsewhere. Even with my limited knowledge of using
these magical roadways of chatting, I knew the images I was posting contributed to a burden on the
database.
Smile

However, due to disciplines instilled long ago, I began to then fret on the 'weight' caused by my banners
on the hosting site!! 
Smile

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Minstrel - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 09:16 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-12-2022, 10:12 PM)Sol Wrote: It's just an alternative. I change my avatar with a third party holder. We change the banners with a third party holder. It also takes weight off the database, by not storing them here.

That was why I was interested in storing images elsewhere. Even with my limited knowledge of using
these magical roadways of chatting, I knew the images I was posting contributed to a burden on the
database.
Smile

However, due to disciplines instilled long ago, I began to then fret on the 'weight' caused by my banners
on the hosting site!! 
Smile

I am, apparently, a "Reputation Whore", as - when attempting to gain favor with other Members (BIAD, in this case), said attempt (to add a Positive value to his/his-her Reputation) was outright disallowed, with an Error message informing that my pursuits of favor had exceeded the bounds of decent conduct, and I would have to wait another day to resume said pursuits.
Maybe this is just a limitation for the Test Site, or a default in the 'BB' code...or, God knows what I'm up to and is quashing my inane lust for favor ( Sad )... ... ...but, in any case, I wanted to let you know.

(11-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Minstrel Wrote: I am, apparently, a "Reputation Whore", as - when attempting to gain favor with other Members (BIAD, in this case), said attempt (to add a Positive value to his/his-her Reputation) was outright disallowed, with an Error message informing that my pursuits of favor had exceeded the bounds of decent conduct, and I would have to wait another day to resume said pursuits.
Maybe this is just a limitation for the Test Site, or a default in the 'BB' code...or, God knows what I'm up to and is quashing my inane lust for favor ( Sad )... ... ...but, in any case, I wanted to let you know.

Ah I see, this is my fault I'm afraid. It was sloppy of me not to PM Minstrel with the information
that on one wall of his shed, Boy In A Dress has a blown-up image of your avatar and holds your
comments in high regard. As a veteran RN member, the Man-Girl also made a pillow with the same
image embroidered onto it, but that's something he doesn't wish to get out onto the inter-web and
so, I won't type it here.
Wink

Hopefully after the change-over takes place, such mentioned 'lust' can continue and the self-centred
bastard who drinks my coffee and steals my muffins will also persevere in his goal to scale the mountain
of abundant conceit.
Smile

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Minstrel - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 03:07 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Minstrel Wrote: I am, apparently, a "Reputation Whore", as - when attempting to gain favor with other Members (BIAD, in this case), said attempt (to add a Positive value to his/his-her Reputation) was outright disallowed, with an Error message informing that my pursuits of favor had exceeded the bounds of decent conduct, and I would have to wait another day to resume said pursuits.

Ah I see, this is my fault I'm afraid. It was sloppy of me not to PM Minstrel with the information
that on one wall of his shed, Boy In A Dress has a blown-up image of your avatar and holds your
comments in high regard. As a veteran RN member, the Man-Girl also made a pillow with the same
image embroidered onto it, but that's something he doesn't wish to get out onto the inter-web and
so, I won't type it here.
Wink

Hopefully after the change-over takes place, such mentioned 'lust' can continue and the self-centred
bastard who drinks my coffee and steals my muffins will also persevere in his goal to scale the mountain
of abundant conceit.
Smile

Hope this isn't too presumptive, but - what color is the pillow?
Just........asking for a friend.

(11-13-2022, 03:28 PM)Minstrel Wrote: Hope this isn't too presumptive, but - what color is the pillow?
Just........asking for a friend.

I believe the fabric is an off-green paisley pattern -probably from a discarded pair of Mrs Miggins'
curtains. From the sight of the needlework, I'm guessing the old woman stitched the image on
for him.

I hope this helps your friend.
Smile

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Sol - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 01:40 PM)Minstrel Wrote:

database.
Smile

on the hosting site!! 
Smile

I am, apparently, a "Reputation Whore", as - when attempting to gain favor with other Members (BIAD, in this case), said attempt (to add a Positive value to his/his-her Reputation) was outright disallowed, with an Error message informing that my pursuits of favor had exceeded the bounds of decent conduct, and I would have to wait another day to resume said pursuits.

Snarl is having the same rating limit problem. I've looked into it but haven't found where it comes from. Yet. But I will...

It's in the to do list.

Sol.

(11-13-2022, 08:31 PM)Sol Wrote: Snarl is having the same rating limit problem. I've looked into it but haven't found where it comes from. Yet. But I will...

It's in the to do list.

Sol.

On an entirely different note and it's just a 'thing' I found.

As discussed before, an image can be acquired for a post by depositing a preferred image in
the serrated-box facility titled 'Click or drop some files here to upload' seen below the area
where text is written.

After updating that post, one can click on the thumbnail of the image and acquire the URL.
But that URL address will not work in the 'Dark Version 1.8 version2' of Rogue Nation when
pasted into the 'Insert An Image' facility.

It's not very interesting, but it intrigued BIAD!!
Big Grin

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Sol - 11-13-2022

(11-13-2022, 08:31 PM)Sol Wrote:

database.
Smile

on the hosting site!! 
Smile

Snarl is having the same rating limit problem. I've looked into it but haven't found where it comes from. Yet. But I will...

It's in the to do list.

Sol.

Finally found it. There are no more rating limits and the rating is now unlimited.

Sol.

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - Minstrel - 11-14-2022

(11-13-2022, 09:37 PM)Sol Wrote:
(11-13-2022, 08:31 PM)Sol Wrote:

database.
Smile

on the hosting site!! 
Smile

It's in the to do list.

Sol.

Finally found it. There are no more rating limits and the rating is now unlimited.

Sol.

Talk about 'pronto'...!
Is there a bar and grill...and, if so, what about table or lap dances? (Actually, I'm cringing at some of those possibilities.)
Last drink I had was at the start of September...and, it was a concoction that advertised Mescal as the star.
I had tried Mescal only once, previously, while stationed in Idaho Falls (found it entirely disgusting, at the time)...when a roommate's birthday was celebrated with a bottle of the same...and, being the honoree, he swallowed the worm.........and immediately regurgitated the carcass. Nevertheless, I am actually in the mood for some spirits about now, after the stunningly efficient remedy that you (Sol) found, in addition to a certain giddiness in anticipation of tomorrow's Grand Opening.
Cheers to you all for the effort invested into this transition. :exclamation: :idea:

OH! One more thing. How do you/I insert your username/s when referring to...you? Doesn't seem to be automatic as on RN-3.

Gonna give it a try... Look out - things might blow up (no dolls on the premises).

[Image: H9JTkk7.jpg]
Hey! Looks like it worked.
Wee Wee! I mean - Tee Pee! Or - Woo Hoo! Yip Pee!
Thanks.
Never done a GIF...... Feeling dauntless. Might venture in that direction, next.

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - EndtheMadnessNow - 11-14-2022

(11-14-2022, 04:31 PM)Minstrel Wrote: Gonna give it a try... Look out - things might blow up (no dolls on the premises).

Thanks.
Never done a GIF...... Feeling dauntless. Might venture in that direction, next.

Ya did it!

[Image: CSrrxNm.gif]

Nice map image too.

(11-14-2022, 11:17 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 04:31 PM)Minstrel Wrote: Gonna give it a try... Look out - things might blow up (no dolls on the premises).

Thanks.

Ya did it!

[Image: CSrrxNm.gif]

Nice map image too.

Thanks for noticing.

RE: Posting images and gifs from third party.. - BIAD - 11-01-2023

One of the ways of inserting an image is to capture a preferred picture for your posting ny using the
serrated box at the bottom of your post marked 'Click or Drop Some Files here to Upload...'

When image is uploaded, press 'Post Reply'. A thumbnail of your image can now be seen at the
bottom of your posted reply. Double-click on the thumbnail and copy the URL address from the
Task Bar at the top of your screen.
Example: https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/attachment.php?aid=???

Using the 'Edit' (Full Edit) button on the right-hand side below the thumbnail facility, reopen your post
and after clicking inside Text area where you wish your image to be, insert the URL address in the space
provided by clicking on the icon displayed below.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1518]

A full version will now appear in the position you wished it to be.

Now click 'Update Post' and your image will be visible in the size you wanted.
thumbsup2