Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A Drowning... Or Something Else? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Mother Earth (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=85)
+--- Forum: Man Made Disasters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=88)
+--- Thread: A Drowning... Or Something Else? (/showthread.php?tid=1201)

A Drowning... Or Something Else? - BIAD - 08-28-2023

28th August 2023, almost two days after the inicdent.

Every so often, a puzzle is presented in the media due to a couple of things that aren't entirely to do with
the actual subject matter of a report. Usually, it's poor informative facts delivered -not for their accuracy,
but for their 'effective' impact on drawing the correct amount of intrigue to hopefully demand the viewer
or reader to tarry a little longer on their TV channel/website/newspaper.

Take this little tragic riddle.
"Liverpool flood deaths: Two dead after driving car into floodwater" -The BBC.
"Man and woman dead after becoming trapped in car in flooded Liverpool road" -ITVX.
"Man and woman die after Mercedes car driven into flooded area in Mossley Hill, Merseyside" -Sky News.

The titles should say it all, due to 'flooding' -a favoured noun by most left-wing mediums to hint at their Climate Change
agenda, and the outcome of two people dying in the ensuing waters from such a flood. The typical Hollywood reflection
of Britain is it's a rainy country, where everyone carries an umbrella and the residents of this waterlogged Isle have
somehow just offered an upper-lip to the constant inclement weather.

Shy

Liverpool is an English city where the average person may automatically assume this tragedy occurred in or around a
large volume of water. Liverpool is on the west coast and again, one might take it the Mercedes car became involved
with tidal issues effected by a large downpour. However, both assumptions would be wrong.

Here's the BBC's version:

Quote:'Two people have died after becoming trapped in their car in a flooded road in Liverpool. Police said they were
called to Queens Drive in the Mossley Hill area at 21:00 BST on Saturday night. Passers-by fought to help the
man and woman who were stuck inside a black Mercedes in deep floodwater. Emergency workers took them
to hospital, but they were pronounced dead.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1232]

Amateur footage filmed in the area appears to show water gushing onto the road - which dips under a bridge.
Met Office data shows heavy rainfall at over 32mm (1.25 inches) an hour near where the incident happened.
Flood alerts and warnings remain in place for areas of Merseyside due to the heavy rainfall...'

The rest of the article is Monday-morning Quarter-backing and blame, the story itself merely offers a puzzling set
of so-called facts solely based on the notion that the mainstream media are not allowed to lie. A fallacy that is
ingrained into the public's psyche by the very people who deliver the daily 'news'.

(BIAD mentions quarterbacking and then performs it himself!!)

So let's take a look at the site where the 'drowning' -which one would accept via the sparce certitudes offered
by the MSM. Here's a Google image of the location of the incident. There are two bridges, one is a 'fly-over'
style where Briardale Road passes over Queens Drive and another bridge that carries four railway racks.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1233]

Here's four images of the exact spot where the incident occurred.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1234]

The reports indicate bystanders, Police, Ambulance and Fire Services were on the scene fairly quickly and
yet, fifteen feet of water was allegedly allowed to congregate beneath the the bridges? Look at the gradient
of Queens Road on either side of the incident.

How much run-off had there to be from the railway and road bridges to have the upmost point of this trapped
-water reach fifteen feet? The BBC article says: "Met Office data shows heavy rainfall at over 32mm (1.25 inches)
an hour"... that's per hour and we're talking about a vehicle that somehow -stalled beneath the bridges and the
occupants sat inside the Mercedes until it led to their deaths or drove at such an alarming speed into a wide
drain-jammed expanse of floodwater that it was only when their car was totally submerged, did the situation
become life-threatening.

From the ITVX article:
"...Eyewitness Rebecca Wilson, 27, passed the area in a taxi and said the water was around 15ft deep.
She believes the flooding may have been caused by a burst pipe. She said: “It looked like a waterfall
coming down from the side of the bridge.

"As I looked back out of the window I turned to my mates and told them I thought I had just seen red lights
under the water and I thought maybe someone had become stuck. "I rang the police just to be safe."..."
Huh

Passed the area? Dusk was officially at 20.36 in the UK on the 26th August. One presumes the streetlighting
was working beneath the pair of bridges, but unless Miss Wilson's taxi was actually on Queens Drive before
9.00pm, she wouldn't have seen the submerged car. There are no junctions close to the scene where Miss
Wilson's taxi could have 'passed by' and observed the massive expanse of water! If she was Briardale Road,
the Mercedes would be beneath the taxi and unable to be seen!
Wink

Even if Rebecca Wilson's response was accurate, had nobody else driven by, arrived at the edge of water and
seen the submerged Mercedes' lights?!! Remember, the Police say 'they were called to to Queens Drive in the
Mossley Hill area at 21:00 BST' and that  'Passers-by fought to help the man and woman who were stuck inside
a black Mercedes'.

This means for an undisclosed time, no other vehicles used that road, a wide stretch of water accumulated
and was allowed to accumulate, people on foot could somehow get to the underwater site (look at the BBC
photo, look at the steepness of the road going under the bridges) and never at any time is their an interview
with the 'passers-by' who must have swam down to reach the trapped vehicle beneath the fifteen-feet of
water.
Huh

A poor piece of grammar, but still: "...Emergency workers took them to hospital, but they were pronounced dead."
I don't expect an immediate report on how they perished as the incident only HAPPENED FREAKIN' TWO DAYS AGO!
Rolleyes

I dunno, this stinks to high-heaven to me.
Shy

The weather for that date from Weather25.com:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1235]

RE: A Drowning... Or Something Else? - DuckforcoveR - 08-28-2023

I'm no tape measure, but I identify as one some days. That bridge is probably, what, 20ft? 25 max? sorry sorry - 6M?

RE: A Drowning... Or Something Else? - BIAD - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 10:21 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote: I'm no tape measure, but I identify as one some days. That bridge is probably, what, 20ft? 25 max? sorry sorry - 6M?

Sorry for the day DFC, I'd agree with that measurement. I checked both bridges for the usual warning signs
for high HGVs using that road, but nothing... which is surprising.
Shy

The Liverpool Echo offers a little more. (I find it oddly amusing that the Police
are asking the public for any Doorbell Footage of the incident!)
Huh

RE: A Drowning... Or Something Else? - Gordi - 08-28-2023

(08-28-2023, 09:37 AM)BIAD Wrote: 28th August 2023, almost two days after the inicdent.

Every so often, a puzzle is presented in the media due to a couple of things that aren't entirely to do with
the actual subject matter of a report. Usually, it's poor informative facts delivered -not for their accuracy,
but for their 'effective' impact on drawing the correct amount of intrigue to hopefully demand the viewer
or reader to tarry a little longer on their TV channel/website/newspaper....

I thought this one was bizarre too!
Just REALLY BAD reporting I suspect.

I did do a little digging about it and...
The dip under the bridge IS much worse than it looks on those photos.
There are reports in the local papers (like Liverpool Echo) of previous incidents where cars have been stuck in deep floods - A woman had to be "rescued" from her stranded car July 8th this year - there's a good photo of it HERE on ITV dotcom

The witness that was mentioned... was travelling in a Taxi ON THAT SAME STREET but the Taxi Driver spotted the bad flooding before entering the water and turned the Taxi around. It was then that the witness thought she saw red tail lights under the water.

Quote:Rebecca Wilson, 27, whose taxi almost drove into the water, told the Liverpool Echo it about 15ft high and the flooding may have been caused by a burst pipe.
She said: “We went to turn around the car and all of a sudden it looked like a waterfall coming down from the side of the bridge.
“As I looked back out of the window I turned to my mates and told them I thought I had just seen red lights under the water and I thought maybe someone had become stuck. I rang the police just to be safe.

“The water just came out of nowhere and the rain was so heavy that night and a part of me just wished I had turned back and gone home. It was terrifying and I just thought I was seeing things at first and then I saw on the news that there was a car in there this morning.”
Source article on iNews

My own gut feeling is that the road WAS badly flooded (probably nowhere near 15feet though!) - look at the angle that the car is sitting at in the BBC photo... it's straddling the centre of the road at right angles to the direction of normal travel. That would suggest some unusual movement... either sharply turning the steering to the side (to avoid the flood) or being drifted (partially floating) to the side by hitting the deep floodwater perhaps?
I'll bet that the lighting is crap under that bridge and around dusk (9pm-ish in August Liverpool) it may have been hard to discern just how deep the flood was?
If the driver of the car thought that it was "just a big puddle" they may have driven straight into it before realising how deep and dangerous it was?
I think that the "passers-by" and/or emergency services, as quoted in the original articles probably did wade/dive into the water to help, when they realised there was a car submerged in there, it's just bad/lazy reporting not confirming any of that properly.
The water pressure on the outside of the doors may have prevented them being opened.
The cars occupants may have been elderly, confused or slow to react?
Water may have shorted out the electrical systems rendering the electric windows unuseable or panic may have set in until it was too late?

It could be a genuine and tragic true story.
I just wish that reporters would do their jobs properly instead of this shoddy, click-bait, agenda driven. copy & paste crap that they churn out nowadays.

Thanks for posting! This one did catch my attention as being a bit suspect too.
G

(08-28-2023, 11:35 AM)Gordi Wrote: ...My own gut feeling is that the road WAS badly flooded (probably nowhere near 15feet though!) - look at the angle that the car is sitting at in the BBC photo... it's straddling the centre of the road at right angles to the direction of normal travel. That would suggest some unusual movement... either sharply turning the steering to the side (to avoid the flood) or being drifted (partially floating) to the side by hitting the deep floodwater perhaps?...

I'd go with your idea that the Mercedes could've 'floated' if the water had been deep enough to allow the
vehicle's displacement. Similarly, the angle may be merely to the driver attempting to avoid the situation
the couple found themselves in.

Quote:...I'll bet that the lighting is crap under that bridge and around dusk (9pm-ish in August Liverpool) it may
have been hard to discern just how deep the flood was? If the driver of the car thought that it was "just
a big puddle" they may have driven straight into it before realising how deep and dangerous it was?...

Again, this makes sense and considering the amount of evocative commentary injected into news reports
these days, would your suggestion too far of a stretch to mention in the piece? I think such likely explanations
were purposely left out due a dilution of the Beeb's biasedness towards Global Warming.
thumbsup2

Quote:...I think that the "passers-by" and/or emergency services, as quoted in the original articles probably did
wade/dive into the water to help, when they realised there was a car submerged in there, it's just bad/lazy
reporting not confirming any of that properly...

It would only take one of these potential ratings-grabbing interviewees to mention Queens Drive has suffered
for years with this flooding problem and a particular narrative could tangent off from what they want to hint at
into a judgement of Liverpool's current overall Council. (Labour Party)
And the BBC can't have that!
Shy

Quote:The water pressure on the outside of the doors may have prevented them being opened.
The cars occupants may have been elderly, confused or slow to react?
Water may have shorted out the electrical systems rendering the electric windows unusable or panic may have
set in until it was too late?

Once more, the low road is taken by the media due to a carefully-carved narrative that ensures a certain car
manufacturer can be held accountable in this tragedy. Does this mean any situation involving the words 'electric'
and 'car' may have a negative outcome?!
Laughing
The MSM are lazy and they can be shoddy. But they aren't dumb.
Wouldn't a Monday morning headline grab more attention if it read:
'Couple Die Underwater On Busy Road'...?
thumbsup2

Edit: Another Gordi's suggestions bears fruit: (From The Express)

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1236]
Elaine and Philip Marco were the occupants of the Mercedes.

Please Note: The Express article states that the incident occurred on 9.20pm on Sunday, August 27.
Not as the Honest-To-God BBC stated. (They updated the article with the names, but left the incorrect day!)

(08-28-2023, 12:39 PM)BIAD Wrote: ...It would only take one of these potential ratings-grabbing interviewees to mention Queens Drive has suffered
for years with this flooding problem and a particular narrative could tangent off from what they want to hint at
into a judgement of Liverpool's current overall Council. (Labour Party)
And the BBC can't have that!...

The irony is that merely an hour after typing the above, the BBC inserted this in their updated article
of the tragedy.

Quote:'...People living in the area told the BBC the road has been problematic for decades with cars and
buses getting stuck in deep water there. Fifty-four-year-old Mike Sims said he regularly got stuck
in flood water when he cycled to school more than 40 years ago.
"Often when it rained it would be up to my waist and I had to get off my bike and walk," he said.

"My mother was stranded in her car in waist high water whilst dropping us of at school. Her mini van
was flooded and pushed by passers-by." He said buses also used to get trapped when it rained...
Laughing