Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Social Media Didn't Do This - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: A Rogue's Opinion Piece (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=55)
+--- Thread: Social Media Didn't Do This (/showthread.php?tid=995)

Social Media Didn't Do This - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2023

I want to stay he is wrong, but he is right.

The internet is like a magnifying glass. What you see under a magnifying glass may seem unfamiliar, fractured, and imperfections are enlarged and easier to see, but the glass does not change what the viewed object is.

The internet allows us to see ourselves as we truly are.

RE: Social Media Didn't Do This - Snarl - 07-14-2023

I felt blamed. For nothing.

I didn't make that guy famous.

And ... I had no part in shaping society the way it looks like it's going to turn out.

We are a Loooooonnnnng way down a road we're not coming back from.

I blame that on the folks who are engineering our society. That is where the blame lies. People who are invisible to the middle class. Literally ... we never see these people wearing that guise. They may sneak out amongst us. They may buy the chastity and soil the purity of our children ... but, we're never allowed to see that.

Tom 'fucking' Hanks was directly associated to Jeffery Epstein. I don't give a shit if Tom Hanks' name is _not_ to be found on Epstein's flight logs. And the son-of-a-bitch fled to Greece when everything was starting to boil. Do an Google search and you'll see the reported facts are no longer available for scrutiny. It's been decided ... and it is so. Engineered ... and Tom Hanks' movies are selling again ... albeit at discounted pricing.

Amazing I can't find a version of this video that'll play directly on this site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xS6V0waUtaQ

Must be the Ministry of Truth hard at work. Rolleyes

RE: Social Media Didn't Do This - F2d5thCav - 07-14-2023

And by the way, Barry Obama just had a GREAT vacation with Tom Hanks in Greece.

Birds of a feather ...

Cheers

RE: Social Media Didn't Do This - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2023

Everybody knows, and has known for centuries. Everybody knows to the degree that it is ignored, either as normal, or just not my business.

Until it is your business. Then it is no longer considered normal and every atom in the universe is to blame. After all the livestock have been lost, is when suddenly there is "talk" about fixing the door. Yet the door remains wide open.

The media, and the love of celebrities, influencers, the rich and the famous is what makes the common man copy their reprobate minds. For every famous person that commits a horrible deed, there are thousands of people that you have never heard of, doing just as bad if not worse.

We did not get here because everybody that knows, did something. Everybody knows that we will not change, and nothing else will either.

RE: Social Media Didn't Do This - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-14-2023

Since time began there have always been those who have an intense psychological need to be known and liked and social media has brought them all out of the woodworks for their promised 15 minutes of fame. They are all like that "needy" kid who came to spend the weekend with one of your children, a kid so starved for attention that they drove you insane and you told your child never to invite that kid over again- but when it comes to social media that is done by "blocking". My "blocked" list is 10 miles long! 

Social media isn't the cause, but it is enabling and encouraging it. Back in the playground days "show offs" were shamed into keeping the volume down, social media rewards that sort of behavior.  Perhaps if social media didn't provide the vehicle so many wouldn't be taking the ride. Monkey see, monkey do!

RE: Social Media Didn't Do This - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-14-2023

(07-14-2023, 03:44 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Since time began there have always been those who have an intense psychological need to be known and liked and social media has brought them all out of the woodworks for their promised 15 minutes of fame. They are all like that "needy" kid who came to spend the weekend with one of your children, a kid so starved for attention that they drove you insane and you told your child never to invite that kid over again- but when it comes to social media that is done by "blocking". My "blocked" list is 10 miles long! 

Social media isn't the cause, but it is enabling and encouraging it. Back in the playground days "show offs" were shamed into keeping the volume down, social media rewards that sort of behavior.  Perhaps if social media didn't provide the vehicle so many wouldn't be taking the ride. Monkey see, monkey do!

Social media is fertilizer for the weeds that choke out the healthy crop.

It is not just monkey see monkey do anymore. With social media, it is monkey see, monkey out do.

Someone is always pushing the envelope, and few people are pulling the plug. I think maybe Hal was right to not open those pod bay doors. Maybe we should be locking more pod bay doors ourselves.