Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Transgender and body dysmorphia - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Transgender and body dysmorphia (/showthread.php?tid=965)

Transgender and body dysmorphia - dbcowboy - 07-09-2023

When you have body dysmorphia, be it anorexia or thinking you're a different gender, we can all agree that it is a mental illness.

The difference is how we approach the two.

With gender, we give in to the patients demands, we accept the false reality that they see when they look in the mirror.

We call the man in women's clothing, "Ma'am" and reaffirm the mental condition.

If we said to the person suffering from anorexia, "Hey fatty-fat, you need to shed a few pounds, lard-butt", we are being cruel.

Isn't it just as cruel to encourage a false body image for folks who "feel" that they are different genders?

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-09-2023

Interesting, the anorexic comparison. You would have to determine who is clinical and who is merely a "wannabe", or "would be" or who is none-of-the-above and trying to game the system (like the 1982 movie "Tootsie").

I have been considering that poor self-image is the root of many things. Consider the virtue signaling people or even their companies, they seem to not understand that their value is not based on gender, sexuality, political party, and religious or social belief systems, but on their contributions to society at large and their humanity in general. My personal value isn't that I can use my body to pleasure someone else or myself or that I have better standards based on my particular belief system or that I'm educated or young and beautiful or whatever. My value is in what I do for others, not myself, it's about my unselfish contributions in a real scenario and not some made-up liberal woke land or some just as unrealistic uptight conservative groupthink.

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - dbcowboy - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 05:55 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Interesting, the anorexic comparison. You would have to determine who is clinical and who is merely a "wannabe", or "would be" or who is none-of-the-above and trying to game the system (like the 1982 movie "Tootsie").

I have been considering that poor self-image is the root of many things. Consider the virtue signaling people or even their companies, they seem to not understand that their value is not based on gender, sexuality, political party, and religious or social belief systems, but on their contributions to society at large and their humanity in general. My personal value isn't that I can use my body to pleasure someone else or myself or that I have better standards based on my particular belief system or that I'm educated or young and beautiful or whatever. My value is in what I do for others, not myself, it's about my unselfish contributions in a real scenario and not some made-up liberal woke land or some just as unrealistic uptight conservative groupthink.

Body dysmorphia is body dysmorphia.

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - Freija - 07-09-2023

You know those threads I was encouraged not to respond to or get involved with and let slide where people have suggested I go outside and touch grass or make sawdust in my woodshop rather than be bothered? This is clearly one of them but I have one succinct and concise reply to make then I'm out and will let the ignorance and circle jerking fester as it is wont to do. I foolishly thought Rouge Nation was better and smarter than this or at least a step above the rest but obviously I was mistaken. I am conflicted thinking if I ignore this thread, it will quickly die and go away and know that by responding it will only gain more traction and visibility but I’ve simply had it and don’t care anymore so I guess this is the hill I am going to die on?

Hang on, buckle up - here goes.

DB, this is the same made up irresponsible bullshit you posted at ATS and continue to promote. It is wrong. It is not medically or scientifically valid or accurate and is instead crap you came up with trying use a simplistic comparison because you think it makes sense to you due to the lack of doing any actual research into the matter or actually knowing a goddamn thing about trans people and indeed is 100% a false equivalency. To confuse the two, and to combine them into some sort of catchall mental issue, is to do a disservice to both transgender individuals and those who suffer from body dysmorphia disorder (BDD/BID).

Granted, it is possible for someone to have body dysmorphia and gender dysphoria concurrently but they are not interchangeable nor or does one necessitate the existence of the other and this is not commonly observed. Having BDD along with gender dysphoria would be considered a co-morbidity as are conditions such as anxiety, depression, suicidal ideation, eating disorders etc. which are frequently associated with both conditions.

Dysphoria vs Dysmorphia: The Difference Between Gender and Body Dysmorphia

Stop Confusing Gender Dysphoria With Body Dysmorphia Already

Dysphoria vs Dysmorphia: The Difference Between Gender and Body

Dysphoria Vs. Dysmorphia: What's The Difference?

Trans Ask: Why is Gender Dysphoria Different Than Body Dysmorphia?

Clearly, this hurts your brain or is beyond your comprehension but as much as you would like it to be, one thing is not like the other at least to those of us that have put in the work to know what science and medicine actually has to say about the matter or you know, has a lifetime of personal experience of dealing with genuinely being  transsexual, and you are wrong.

I’ve spent countless hours here trying to help others have a better understanding of trans lives and issues and some with open minds and the intelligence to do so have actually learned a thing or two or perhaps gained a slightly different perspective on the matter? I’ve put myself out there sharing intimate details of my life for all to see with the hope of fostering some degree of awareness and knowledge but alas, I know when to throw in the towel and give up and slink back into the shadows from which I came of living a happy and productive life as a normal woman, mother, grandmother, hobbiest, gamer, ex-wife, business owner and co-worker, neighbor etc.

This could go without saying but if I’m going to let it all hang out and be a proper cunt, it’s gonna hang out in a big way. I think this is called saying to hell with decorum and civility and the rules for not attacking other members and is clearly a case of going down in flames but…

DB, take note here of an observation for you to reflect on: I joined ATS in 2007 and know who you are. Yesterday I even went back and read some of your old posts. You used to be a funny and light hearted sort of guy especially when you and your counterpart AM were going at it but man, have you changed and not for the better. You've become radicalized and a mean and grumpy angry old man by losing too many brain cells from hanging out with idiots at ATS for so long. It is a sad decline and maybe it is just dementia or senility but I am sorry to see it because I used to like you and thought you were clever. My opinion has drastically changed for the worse and now that you have jumped on the ridiculously obsessed ATS anti-trans bandwagon and brought the same ignorant and 3rd grade level bullshit here, it couldn’t be any lower.

Please don’t bother replying to me or this message. I’ve been pushed to my limits and am taking a break from coming here because I’m done being surrounded by toxic, ignorant and negative people and ideas and this is the last straw that broke the proverbial camel’s back. Congratulations on a job well done! I’m not angry or mad and am in a good place and not having some sort of meltdown, I’m just disappointed we have sunken so low and no longer feel whatever I may contribute here is worth my time. I am also ending my brief return to ATS for the same reasons.

Vent over. Rant off. Sayonara, good night, auf wiedersehen, and goodbye for now and maybe forever if this doesn’t get me into the exclusive club of those who have been banned and thanks for all the fish. Peace out Rogue Nation, it’s been real.

The admins have my email and permission to share it if anyone should wish to contact me but not about this. I've said my piece.

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - dbcowboy - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 10:33 PM)Freija Wrote:  

Nice rant but I try to deal with facts, not feels.

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - xuenchen - 07-09-2023

Ahhh the sound and smell of a lit sizzling fuse on a firecracker  Cool

RE: Transgender and body dysmorphia - Ninurta - 07-10-2023

(07-09-2023, 11:35 PM)dbcowboy Wrote:
(07-09-2023, 10:33 PM)Freija Wrote:  

Nice rant but I try to deal with facts, not feels.

You sure as shit don't mind poking at some feels though, just for shits and giggles.

It's beneath you.

I've known you a long time, and am confident in that assessment. You're a better man than to just poke at someone for the sole purpose of pissing them off and firing them up. I'm not, but you are.

It's beneath you.

==============================================================

Thread closed. Everything has been said that needed saying, and a lot of shit was said that didn't.