Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts (/showthread.php?tid=961)

Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Infolurker - 07-09-2023

Oh, super censor and super spyware. Appears if you already have an Instagram account and then get this threads, you can't get rid of it unless you delete your instagram account. It tracks everything (see links). People were on 5 minutes and censored or tagged with misinformation (Appears if you mention Biden, you get auto flagged maybe?)

Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts

https://twitter.com/jack/status/1676018291918372864/photo/1

https://notthebee.com/article/metas-twitter-clone-launches-immediately-censors-the-masses

Quote:Huh.

So it censors you for posting facts that might make people in power look bad, tries to dissuade you from following one side of the political aisle, and tracks everything you do.
And on top of that, it doesn't work.

Quote:Meta is already too powerful. One company controls what much of the public is allowed to see. And if Threads succeeds, it will have 80% of the global market outside of Russia and China, according to one industry insider. As such, it's reasonable to expect that Meta will censor precisely the same way the large news media corporations, including the New York Times, and corporate advertisers want it to. More censorship is what the mainstream news media, big corporations, and their celebrity pitch people have been demanding.
Shellenberger also notes an important distinction between Elon Musk's Twitter, which has the policy of only censoring as national laws deem fit, and Meta/Facebook, which censors according to the woke ideology of the religious zealots who control the company.

Secret Censorship At Facebook’s Twitter Clone “Threads”

https://public.substack.com/p/secret-censorship-at-facebooks-twitter

Quote:Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook/Meta’s new competitor to Twitter, “Threads,” promised users a better experience than Twitter.

“I think there should be a public conversations app with 1 billion+ people on it,” said Zuckerberg. “Twitter has had the opportunity to do this but hasn’t nailed it. Hopefully we will.”

But within a few hours of launching, Threads was already secretly censoring users and not offering them the right to appeal.

“@Meta/IG just released their new threads platform,” said conservative commentator Derek Utley at Twitter, “and I’ve been informed by multiple users that I’m censored on their new platform. Sheesh, can’t a dude catch a break.”
Another conservative, Rogan O’Hanley, said, “First 5 minutes on Threads and already censored. What a platform.”

Threads flashed a warning after users clicked on Utley and O’Hanley’s profiles. “Are you sure you want to follow…?” asked the Threads warning. “This account has repeatedly posted false information.”

It’s true that Meta has a legal right to censor users, that Twitter censors too, and we are less than 24 hours into the launch of Threads.

But citizens give Meta broad (Section 230) liability protection that other media companies don’t get. It is thus reasonable to expect that, in return, Meta and other social media platforms should be transparent about their censorship decisions and offer users the right to reply.

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Kenzo - 07-09-2023

Uh huh...Ministry of truth spying

[Image: attachment.php?aid=996]

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - xuenchen - 07-09-2023

Must have taken months to tweak that censor program!!

Bet they're clever enough to keep the .gov. agency connections secret so's not to "cause a private company to act as an extension of a government agency" to violate The 1st Amendment like before Cool

Democrat Brilliance  Smile

Let's watch closely for any Democrat lies to be corrected or deleted. (maybe some as bait to make it look like it's all equal and proper)  Laughing

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Kenzo - 07-09-2023

(07-09-2023, 05:17 PM)xuenchen Wrote: Must have taken months to tweak that censor program!!

Bet they're clever enough to keep the .gov. agency connections secret so's not to "cause a private company to act as an extension of a government agency" to violate The 1st Amendment like before Cool

Democrat Brilliance  Smile

Let's watch closely for any Democrat lies to be corrected or deleted. (maybe some as bait to make it look like it's all equal and proper)  Laughing

Shhhhhhhh  people may hear Angry Smile

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Ninurta - 07-09-2023

I had to get a Twitter account a few years ago when I was writing for the now defunct Tekkek. I think I made about 6 posts on it before I figured out how utterly useless it was, and stopped using it. I got used to living life without Twitter, and now that it is less censored, I've just never gone back to it.

I can't imagine that more censorship as represented by this "Threads" thingy is any more useful, so I won't be partaking of it.

I bet, a few years from now, that I still don't miss it every bit as much as I don't miss Twitter.

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - F2d5thCav - 07-09-2023

Kenzo--

Great meme about the ZuckBot.

Cheers

RE: Meta's Twitter clone launches, immediately censors anyone with unapproved thoughts - Infolurker - 07-09-2023

Mark Zuckerberg's Threads app is ALREADY being accused of censoring people who question gender ideology - and claims its 'false information' warning about Donald Trump Jr. was an error

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12280359/Mark-Zuckerbergs-Threads-app-censoring-people-questioning-gender-ideology.html

Quote:
  • Within a week of launching Meta's Threads has been criticized for censorship
  • The platform took down a 'thread' questioning non-binary gender identity
  • It also discouraged users from following Trump Jr. but said it was an accident

• Mark Zuckerberg's new Threads app has being accused of censoring people who question gender ideology and claimed a 'false information' notice that triggered when users tried to follow Donald Trump Jr. was a glitch.

• Outrage has spread on rival platform Twitter since the app's inception earlier this week after claims were made that content questioning gender ideologies was being deleted and users were being actively discouraged from following Donald Trump Jr.Threads was built by Meta - parent to Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp - to serve as a competitor to Twitter and has near identical functionality as a text-based social media platform. Threads was labeled by Meta 'an Instagram app' and leverages the picture-focused social media platform's userbase. It was released in a surprise announcement on Wednesday and within a day it had become the fastest downloaded app of all time.