Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: History and Old Mystery (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Forum: Military Matters and Misteps (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=112)
+--- Thread: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! (/showthread.php?tid=947)

Pages: 1 2

MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - 727Sky - 07-07-2023

From an Email

Quote:MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT!

Trey Gowdy, a former South Carolina Congressman, responded to a question from a CNN reporter about the ban of transgenders from joining the U.S. armed forces. As Trey typically does so very well, he nailed it rather succinctly.

Question:
How can President Trump claim to represent all U.S citizens, regardless of sexual orientation, when he banned transgenders from joining the military? Isn't that discrimination?

Trey Gowdy's Response:
Nobody has a right to serve in the Military.  Nobody! What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few" The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain:  "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back? Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? Six arms? Hear voices in your head?  Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"  "Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial"

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream? That isn't Fair?  War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."  "YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."  "I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself. The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.  The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues. The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe -PERIOD!"

"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detracts from readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."  "Any other questions?"

AMEN!

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 11:37 AM)727Sky Wrote:
Quote: 
Trey Gowdy's Response:
Nobody has a right to serve in the Military.  Nobody! What makes you people think the Military is an equal opportunity employer? It is very far from it - and for good reasons - let me cite a few" The Military uses prejudice regularly and consistently to deny citizens from joining for being too old or too young, too fat or too skinny, too tall or too short. Citizens are denied for having flat feet, or for missing or additional fingers." he went on to explain:  "By the way, poor eyesight will disqualify you, as well as bad teeth. Malnourished? Drug addiction? Bad back? Criminal history? Low IQ? Anxiety? Phobias? Hearing damage? Six arms? Hear voices in your head?  Self-identification as a Unicorn? Need a special access ramp for your wheelchair?"  "Can't run the required course in the required time? Can't do the required number of push-ups? Not really a morning person? and refuse to get out of bed before noon? All can be legitimate reasons for denial"

"The Military has one job: Winning War. Anything else is a distraction and a liability. Did someone just scream? That isn't Fair?  War is VERY unfair, there are no exceptions made for being special or challenged or socially wonderful."  "YOU must change yourself to meet Military standards and not the other way around."  "I say again: You don't change the Military - you must change yourself. The Military is not about being fair, it is about taking advantage of others and about winning.  The Military doesn't need to accommodate anyone with special issues. The Military needs to Win Wars and keep our Country safe -PERIOD!"

"If any of your personal issues are a liability that detracts from readiness or lethality... Thank you for applying and good luck in future endeavors."  "Any other questions?"

AMEN!

After being born into a military family, growing up in a military community, and having been a member of the USAF, I can assure that this is just the short list of how the military operates.

Did I ever tell you the story of how I was threatened with jail, and had to pay back the time I could not work because I had such a severe sun burn? I was charged with damaging military property.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Michigan Swamp Buck - 07-07-2023

Nice rant! Reminds me of a similar rant . . .

Quote:Jessup: I'll answer the question. You want answers?
Kaffee: I think I'm entitled to it!
Jessup: You want answers?!
Kaffee: I WANT THE TRUTH!!
Jessup: You can't handle the truth!

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Infolurker - 07-07-2023

The problem is not that the Army is going woke... The problem is that you are telling people about it and exposing it. (Army Secretary) 

Veterans steering own families away from military: Army official blames anti-woke push on poor recruiting turnout

Skip to 1:35

Army's Top Enlisted Leader Engaged In Hours Long Twitter Battle Over Pride

https://dailycaller.com/2023/06/18/army-enlisted-twitter-battle-pride/

https://www.army.mil/article/267818/living_authentically_saves_asc_soldiers_life

Flying LGBT PRIDE FLAG at MILITARY CEMETERIES: New US Flag?

The official Army recruiting video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIYGFSONKbk

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Ninurta - 07-07-2023

That's they way it should be. You need the most fit, most lethal force available to win wars. I wouldn't try to join nowadays, even if it were still that way, because my conscience would not allow me to drag the forces down with my various inabilities these days. Just having a bad attitude isn't enough.

BUT I believe that was under Trump. Under the BidenHarris regime, and under the Obama regime before Trump, they "fundamentally transformed" the military from a lethal fighting force into a babysitting social club. They have compromised our defensive capabilities all to score brownie points with special interest groups.

And that is the primary reason I would not join nowadays, and advise all young folks who ask not to join. The goal is not only to win wars, but to come back home alive and as whole as you possibly can - so stacking the deck against not just national survival but also your own individual survival doesn't cut it. You can't trust the guy or gal next to you to have your back when the balloon goes up if he or she is too busy worrying about their nails or makeup, or is attention-locked to the TikTok post they are making to give your position away to China.

A "kinder, gentler machine-gun hand" is not the way to win wars and neither is choosing personnel for appearances over substance.

(07-07-2023, 03:26 PM)Ninurta Wrote: BUT I believe that was under Trump. Under the BidenHarris regime, and under the Obama regime before Trump, they "fundamentally transformed" the military from a lethal fighting force into a babysitting social club. They have compromised our defensive capabilities all to score brownie points with special interest groups.

A "kinder, gentler machine-gun hand" is not the way to win wars and neither is choosing personnel for appearances over substance.

Women at Ranger School get Their OWN STANDARDS (Diversity Hires)

Army BCT Now Trains for Combat Like a Stress Free, Gentle, Low Stakes Fat Camp

Drill Sergeants Are No Longer Volunteers. 60%+ are FORCED To Do It Like Guard Duty.

And get this, no headgear... no helmets while training??? Not even a soft cover??? WTH?

I guess it is no secret that you are no more than missle fodder when they don't even try to train you to protect yourself.

I was in the Medical Corp, but they still gave us some combat training, even though we were not ever supposed to be on the front lines.

Vietnam ended while I was in the military but I don't think I would have ever been sent.

But with war, you never know what possibilities you may be faced with.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Ninurta - 07-07-2023

(07-07-2023, 03:35 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Women at Ranger School get Their OWN STANDARDS (Diversity Hires)

Army BCT Now Trains for Combat Like a Stress Free, Gentle, Low Stakes Fat Camp

Drill Sergeants Are No Longer Volunteers. 60%+ are FORCED To Do It Like Guard Duty.

And get this, no headgear... no helmets while training??? Not even a soft cover??? WTH?

A couple observations on your post from an old, over-the-hill fart.

Part 1: Ranger School

Ranger training is not BCT, and it's not supposed to be like BCT. It is essentially, in common with all Special Operations schools, "stress training" to prepare you for an whole different set of stresses. In SpecOps, Rangers included, your operating environment is not going to be like that of regular infantrymen. You will often be operating mostly alone and isolated behind enemy lines. For regular infantry, you'll be at a camp or firebase, surrounded by your bros with a fairly defined direction where you will find enemy. Behind the lines, you are isolated, just a small group of bros, with the enemy all around you, in all directions, and no berm or wire between you and them. You may be called upon to assume leadership at any instant if the Team leader gets popped, so there is a leadership component to the training as well as stress - maybe "leadership under stress" is a fitting descriptor.It's a whole 'nuther level of pucker-factor.

Also in Ranger training, if you are not assigned to one of the Ranger companies upon successful completion, you are expected to be able to return to your parent unit and train THEM on everything Ranger School taught you, and assume a leadership position on short notice as well. How you gonna lead folks if you're in the habit of losing them?

Because of that difference, the stresses are different, and so should the training be. When the bullets start flying, how are you gonna feel knowing that the person next to you, whether male or female, couldn't live up to the same stresses YOU had to? Why should they drop the standards for some people and not others, and start milling out sub-standards soldiers for high stress situations?

It's a recipe for a body count - yours, not the enemy's.

Part 2 - Drill Sergeants:

Drill sergeants are not their to be your friend. if you want a friend, buy a dog. Drill sergeants are there to provide an example of what you could be if you weren't such a pussy, and to motivate you to not be a pussy - to be more like that hard-ass bastard that is running you through the mill to become a hard-ass bastard yourself. In short, they are there to be a mentor, not to be a friend.

In the end, you may realize they were the best friend you've ever had, if what they taught you brings you back alive, but while the teaching is happening, You're not going to realize that, and are not supposed to, if they are doing their jobs right. Instead, you're going to be thinking they are the meanest baby-eating bastards that ever lived, and you wanna be just like them when you grow up. Their job is to tear down the pussy you were, and replace that with the hardest sonuvabitch you'll ever be.

It takes a special kind of dedication and love to get that job done right. "Appointees" to the school, as opposed to volunteers FOR the school, are not all going to make that grade.

Personal note: I've never been a drill sergeant, but my blood brother was one for several years. So, I may be talking out of my ass here, but I don't think so. Any drill sergeants in the crowd are welcome to correct me.

Now, that drill sergeant friend of mine got me up at 5 am one morning for a 5 mile run. He just wanted someone to run with him, it wasn't a matter of me being in training. So I said "bro, you've got a broke ankle - how the hell are you gonna run 5 miles?" And he replied "you just hide and watch, youngling!" So he laced up his combat boots so tight I thought they'd cut blood flow off to his toes, and proceeded to run rings around me on a broken ankle.

That sumbitch was TOUGH... and that's what drill sergeants are supposed to be.

I never faced anything close to the training that most enlisted folk did, and even in my nightmares I never expected anything more than being sent to a MASH unit.

The most stressful thing I even went through was chemical warfare training, and it showed me how quick even the most basic things can go South. Part of the training was that we had to wear the hazmat suits for a full day. Nothing could go wrong there, right?

They teamed you with a person and your job was to support each other, and for both of you to get through the training. Now my luck was that my teammate was claustrophobic and she kept trying to take her suit off. If I let her do that, then we both failed. Talk about stress. Being an officer we had to make choices you never want to ever be the position to make, even if it was just mock training.

So yes, there are stressors that even I didn't think of. I learned exactly what the saying they kept spouting meant. "Your unit is only as strong as your weakest link".

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - F2d5thCav - 07-07-2023

Yeah, military training was never meant to be understanding of one's individual needs.  It was intended to make people part of a unit, and part of that was preparing a person for that awful, screaming moment they realize their life is about to end ... but still have the discipline to at least try to take one or more of the enemy to the Other Side with them.

Catering to individual issues will lead nowhere good when these units go to war.

Cheers

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Bally002 - 07-07-2023

No, nah, just no. I Wouldn't take orders.  I couldn't take those outfits seriously even if I was the enemy.  Bring on the Turkey Shoot.

Not only are these individuals placed in a position where they are a danger to themselves and their  respective units, are they counselled that they are tasked with protecting the country and not 'theyselves' ?

WTF America!  Smaller nations like us look up to you and rely on your allied services to help protect us.  

Tragedy is, our Gov is probably going to follow the lead shown here as they (The Gov) do.

Next will be air soft bullets and colored grenades shaped like butt plugs. 

Got no problems with real warriors who have got my six and I've got theirs.  Kinda like the 9 month pregnant woman who took out the perp that 'pistol whipped' her husband.  

A 'force to be reckoned with' is going down the northern hemisphere gurgler.

My regards,

Bally

(07-07-2023, 09:44 PM)Bally002 Wrote: No, nah, just no. I Wouldn't take orders.  I couldn't take those outfits seriously even if I was the enemy.  Bring on the Turkey Shoot.

Not only are these individuals placed in a position where they are a danger to themselves and their  respective units, are they counselled that they are tasked with protecting the country and not 'theyselves' ?

WTF America!  Smaller nations like us look up to you and rely on your allied services to help protect us.  

Tragedy is, our Gov is probably going to follow the lead shown here as they (The Gov) do.

Next will be air soft bullets and colored grenades shaped like butt plugs. 

Got no problems with real warriors who have got my six and I've got theirs.  Kinda like the 9 month pregnant woman who took out the perp that 'pistol whipped' her husband.  

A 'force to be reckoned with' is going down the northern hemisphere gurgler.

My regards,

Bally

Either the plan is for child recruits that will be fighting with remote drone technology, like in "Ender's Game", or they are sending them to slaughter like in "The Squid Games".

Otherwise none of this makes sense, unless it is all a hoax, that TPTB are playing to make us think that governments actually do have some power. When they own all the countries, and all of this is to keep us divided and stupid, while they entertain themselves with real life War Games.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - 727Sky - 07-08-2023

China has a soft war on Girly Boys and is stopping or transforming a trend.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Bally002 - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 01:04 AM)727Sky Wrote: China has a soft war on Girly Boys and is stopping or transforming a trend.

After watching this all I can add is 'Good for China'.  What are we defending?  Good operatives on the ground will die to defend stupids right to say this.  Then what.  They don't care about anyone except their rights to display how weak they are.

Are they waiting for the many westerners to come and sacrifice themselves for the better of that way of life.

No way I'd sign up nowadays for that slop.

My regards,

Bally.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Kenzo - 07-08-2023

Army exempts trans service members from physical fitness standards

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Bally002 - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 06:21 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Army exempts trans service members from physical fitness standards

I can only hope my Gov doesn't follow the US lead when it comes to the serving military.

How can any other country take this seriously.

Start another war and send these fleas to the front.

Bally

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Snarl - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 06:35 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Start another war and send these fleas to the front.

They get to stand in front of the promotion line and then send your kids out to the front lines.

Same as it ever was, mate. Smile

(07-07-2023, 03:26 PM)Ninurta Wrote: BUT I believe that was under Trump. Under the BidenHarris regime, and under the Obama regime before Trump, they "fundamentally transformed" the military from a lethal fighting force into a babysitting social club. They have compromised our defensive capabilities all to score brownie points with special interest groups.

They've been transforming the service from the days when they integrated blacks and women. It got really bad after Don't Ask, Don't Tell.

These days I harumph anyone who says, "Thanks for your service." as I pass through the gates.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-08-2023

(07-08-2023, 06:35 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-08-2023, 06:21 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Army exempts trans service members from physical fitness standards

I can only hope my Gov doesn't follow the US lead when it comes to the serving military.

How can any other country take this seriously.

Start another war and send these fleas to the front.

Bally

Our government has a long history of setting up it's citizens for failure.

RE: MILITARY SERVICE REQUIREMENT! - Infolurker - 07-08-2023

Ha, I just saw this myself.... I guess I am not the only one to immediately notice "The Size" of this person and know that there is absolutely zero chance "they" be meeting weight.....

Great Idea! How many "Chairborne Rangers" are going to slap on a wig and wave a rainbow flag to get exempted from PT and weight requirements? I bet we are going to see a BOOM of transgender claims from a lot of oversized duds.

Quote:Apparently, the military doesn’t believe that transgender soldiers are just like everybody else, and in order to keep them on active duty they have thrown standards out the window.

[Image: army-730x202.png]

The military is going through a crisis with weight–since 2001 the number of soldiers who are classified as overweight has skyrocketed by over 400%, and much of that has to do with accommodating a more “diverse” military. Women, Blacks, and Hispanics have higher rates of obesity in the military than Whites do, suggesting that the standards apply differently to different categories of people.

“Diversity is our strength” seems the opposite of the truth, at least as the military seeks to achieve it.
One of the lies we are being told, relentlessly, is that when the military makes efforts to expand the types of people admitted into the services the standards applied will remain the same. This has been clearly false forever. This has been particularly true when it comes to sex differences. As we know, different standards of physical fitness are applied to men and women, in opposition to what we were told when recruitment opened up, and now we see that the standards have been changed even more drastically for transgender people.

On its face, the argument that being transgender would present no barrier to military service is absurd, simply because transgender soldiers require constant medical care in order to maintain their gender treatments. Regardless of any other potential issues, this alone should make policymakers leery of including transgender-identifying people in the rolls of active duty personnel.
The military, though, is a social scientist’s playground. Under total control of the government, it is easy to use as a laboratory for ideological experiments.