Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Update - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Update (/showthread.php?tid=93)

Update - ChiefD - 11-22-2022

Sorry I was gone a few weeks again. I've been busy with my husband's funeral planning, oodles of phone calls, paperwork, appointments and all that.

My husband's funeral was beautiful, with the full military honors. When the gun salute went off and they started playing Taps, I broke down and sobbed. One of my best friends comforted me. Everyone was so nice. The veteran's cemetary in King, WI is so pretty, lots of hills. 

That was on November 14. Then I had to pick up my husband's things at the nursing home. That was absolutely gut wrenching. They were really nice. They had packed and organized everything. I sobbed the whole time. When I drove past the window where my husband's room used to be, I was crying pretty hard. Once I got home, I only went through one bag. That had my husband's stuffed animals and blankets. The stuffed animals are on my fireplace hearth, and the blankets are in my bedroom and den. There was also one article of clothing in the bag - the Milwaukee Brewers t-shirt that my husband loved to wear. I wore it one day, and it comforted me. I will never get rid of that t-shirt. Everything else went into storage until I'm more ready to deal with it. It could be a long time. 

I cry myself to exhaustion every day. I still talk to my family or friends on the phone most days. I just take things one day at a time. I handle what I'm able to and leave the rest for whenever. I pray daily. I ask God and my husband to watch over me from Heaven. This past Sunday, I drank myself into oblivion. 

I'll be across the street at my friend's house for Thanksgiving. They are wonderful. Some days I feel I'll feel okay, other days like today, I feel like a fucking mess. But I think that's normal for someone grieving. Thank you all again for all your prayers, sympathy, and encouragement over the last few weeks.

RE: Update - Selbiene Raveren - 11-23-2022

Glad to have you back ChiefD. I was getting worried.

One day at a time. That's what I've been doing. I've been struggling with my own grief lately, between my father's suicide back in October and discovering I have a massive fibroid tumor which I will need to have a hysterectomy for. I had always been on the fence about having kids, and now I find myself mourning the children I will never get to have.

Like you, I am tired of crying. And just when I think I am done, it springs up again. So, I want you to know, you are not alone. We are all here for you. I hope your being here brings you comfort as much as it has for me.

I know I don't really interact much but everyone here at Rogue Nation has been more of a help to me than they know. I look forward to logging on after a rough day, reading the interesting stories. Being here takes my mind off things.

Thank you all for this wonderful community.

RE: Update - ChiefD - 11-23-2022

@"Selbiene Raveren"#29 

I’m so sorry for your loss. And sorry to hear about the fibroid tumor. My Mom had fibroids and had to have a hysterectomy as a result. 

I had my hysterectomy due to endometriosis and PCOS at the age of 43. If you have any questions, please let me know. 

And of course you’re in my prayers. Yes, you’re absolutely right about grief. And also about being here. I take a lot of comfort coming here. I feel like I have a second family here. 

Hugs.

RE: Update - Selbiene Raveren - 11-23-2022

(11-23-2022, 03:42 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @"Selbiene Raveren"#29 

I’m so sorry for your loss. And sorry to hear about the fibroid tumor. My Mom had fibroids and had to have a hysterectomy as a result. 

I had my hysterectomy due to endometriosis and PCOS at the age of 43. If you have any questions, please let me know. 

And of course you’re in my prayers. Yes, you’re absolutely right about grief. And also about being here. I take a lot of comfort coming here. I feel like I have a second family here. 

Hugs.

Thank you. 

It's surprising to learn just how many women are affected by things like this. Nearly every woman in my family has had problems. Even my own mother. (She will be helping me through this for the first couple weeks. Thankfully.) But I am still a little scared. So much can go wrong. I've never had a major operation before, so I appreciate the prayers.

*hugs* ^_^

RE: Update - Nightskyeb4dawn2 - 11-23-2022

(11-23-2022, 09:35 AM)Selbiene Raveren Wrote:
(11-23-2022, 03:42 AM)ChiefD Wrote: @"Selbiene Raveren"#29 

Hugs.

Thank you. 

It's surprising to learn just how many women are affected by things like this. Nearly every woman in my family has had problems. Even my own mother. (She will be helping me through this for the first couple weeks. Thankfully.) But I am still a little scared. So much can go wrong. I've never had a major operation before, so I appreciate the prayers.

*hugs* ^_^

There are numerous factors that contribute to those numbers.

Our diet and environmental contaminates play a large role in the number of female medical problems that affect women in this time period.

Unfortunately, aggressive and greedy doctors also play a role, more often than they should.