Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A Google Map Mystery - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Forum: Computers, Internet and the Digital World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: A Google Map Mystery (/showthread.php?tid=917)

A Google Map Mystery - BIAD - 07-03-2023

Here's a strange thing.
Due to the store's settings of my laptop, I often see on my opening page alleged news items separated by
advertisings for products. Nothing new there. But I noticed one of the UK-orientated adverts showing a couple
of houses with white cliffs -presumably Dover's cliffs, and offering insurance or something.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=961]

But I'd seen the image before in TV commercials and so I went to look it up. It's called 'Seven Sisters' based
on the number of spits or promontories of the white cliffs. So the next thing to do was check it out on Google
Maps and as I perused the area around Seven Sisters, I noticed this strange monolith...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=962]

It doesn't show on the map and the megalith can only be seen in one capture position. I've scoured the internet
for any indication of it, but it seems unknown!
WTF? comes to mind!

Here's the link to the area of  the actual map

RE: A Google Map Mystery - GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-03-2023

First thing that came to my mind was the Georgia Guidestones.

RE: A Google Map Mystery - Ninurta - 07-03-2023

The first thing that came to my mind was those mystery monoliths that were appearing out of nowhere in the western US.

As near as I could read, this monolith is thus inscribed:

Quote:YIQING FU

USE A HOT WATER
BAG AS A PILLOW
WHEN YOU SLEEP
EACH NIGHT. WHEN
THE HEAD IS WARM
THE NECK AND
SHOULDERS ARE ALSO
WARM, AND THE
LIMBS AND BODY ARE
ALL AT EASE WITH
BLOOD AND ENERGY
SO THAT ACUPUNC
TURE, MEDICATION
AND MASSAGE WILL
NOT BE NEEDED. THIS
SECRET RECIPE HAS
BEEN TESTED NUMER
OUS TIMES BUT IS UN
KNOWN TO THE
WORLD AND IS
THEREFORE PRESENT
ED HERE

Strange. At least it isn't advocating for the deaths of 7,500,000,000 people.

RE: A Google Map Mystery - Infolurker - 07-03-2023

It is not touching the ground either....

I would have to say someone inserted it into google maps somehow and it is not real.

RE: A Google Map Mystery - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-03-2023

What first came to my mind is same as what Ninurta said above. Followed by Georgia Guidestones and ending with 2001: A Space Odyssey.

ETA: I call it Fu Yiqing Photog marketing. Here's the same monolith in Japan that's obviously super-imposed.

RE: A Google Map Mystery - BIAD - 07-04-2023

(Thank you @"EndtheMadnessNow"#18 , I only saw your 'ETA' -add on after I posted this below, but it does assist
in showing that Google Street Maps does have people who use it to further their careers in the name of 'aesthetic
decoration of the mundane'!!

This thread may seem trivial and it is, considering the bombardment of fearful news reported every day, but the image
in the Google Map intrigued me. Being an average novice when it comes to internet sleuthing, I once again dragged
my little man-icon from the bottom-right of the map page and went to another location nearby. I was used to seeing
only what the Google conveyance had recorded during its trips in any area and accepted that when private information
was disclosed -like faces and vehicle registrations, blurring is performed for security issues.

I had noticed other little blue rings close to the one I'd found the 'monolith' image at and so I dropped my location-icon
onto one of them. In the top left-hand corner, it proclaimed a name 'Dylan Barth' and displayed a poorly-merged female
on a cliff looking out at the English Channel. I took it that is was person was Dylan Barth and sought her information
once more on Google. One might assume that to achieve a 360-degree image appropriate for Google Maps, Ms Barth
would have the equipment to do so and then reading the title of her LinkedIn page, I believed she has.
(Dylan Barth - Freelance Video Producer. Based in Denver Colorado)
Facebook Link:

So, now armed with a bit of knowledge on how to navigate these singular locations on Google Street Maps, I returned
to the strange rectangle hovering near the beach on the South-East coast of England!

In the top left-hand corner, the black box told me the location was close to the Seven Sisters, the cliffs mentioned in
the initial posting. But under the title, it says 'Fu Yiqing' -the reverse of what is written on the mysterious 'not-there'
monolith.

Staying with the reference to Ms Barth's occupation, I found that Fu Yiqing is the name of a Casting Director who's
single success in the movie business (IMDB) was a drama made in China called 'I'm Innocent'.

Checking in with Google Images, I found a 'Fu Yiqing -YouTube' image showing a floating rectangle shape and the
mysterious name blazoned across it. It was a 23-second long YouTube video showing an artist's painting hanging on
a wall recorded in an 'artsy-fartsy' fashion! But I checked 3 comments and was pleasantly surprised.

@Formxny
9 months ago
WHAT IS YIQING FU TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHY DO I SEE THESE THINGS ON GOOGLE MAPS
TELL ME NOW PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME
PLEASE TELL ME

@larsen3545
9 months ago
Why am i here

@Formxny
9 months ago
are you google maps guy yiqing fu

Link to YouTube Video:

Is this all just a rabbit hole purposely constructed for an armchair-detective to scurry down?
How does one obtain permission from Google to post images within their 'public' map engine that indirectly advertises
the careers of those who can put their wares on the Google Street Maps? Do do these individuals pay for such access?
I'll take a look.

Shy

RE: A Google Map Mystery - F2d5thCav - 07-05-2023

My first, and uninformed, take is that someone has figured out a way to use boogle maps as an unorthodox advertising medium.  Kinda doubt that boogle is on board with this, else we would see a lot more of it.

OpenStreetMap and OpenTopoMap are useful to check for the presence of objects, shops, etc. in a location as a double check on what boogle claims.

Cheers

Ninurta--

I wonder about that "cure".  The head and neck act as a radiator to release excess body heat.  Keeping them unnaturally warm would put the circulatory system on double time pace, trying to get rid of excess heat.  Might lead to excess perspiration and other heat-related body stress.

Cheers

RE: A Google Map Mystery - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-05-2023

(07-04-2023, 08:19 AM)BIAD Wrote: (Thank you @"EndtheMadnessNow"#18 , I only saw your 'ETA' -add on after I posted this below, but it does assist in showing that Google Street Maps does have people who use it to further their careers in the name of 'aesthetic decoration of the mundane'!!

This thread may seem trivial and it is, considering the bombardment of fearful news reported every day, but the image in the Google Map intrigued me. Being an average novice when it comes to internet sleuthing, I once again dragged my little man-icon from the bottom-right of the map page and went to another location nearby. I was used to seeing only what the Google conveyance had recorded during its trips in any area and accepted that when private information was disclosed -like faces and vehicle registrations, blurring is performed for security issues.

I had noticed other little blue rings close to the one I'd found the 'monolith' image at and so I dropped my location-icon onto one of them. In the top left-hand corner, it proclaimed a name 'Dylan Barth' and displayed a poorly-merged female on a cliff looking out at the English Channel. I took it that is was person was Dylan Barth and sought her information once more on Google. One might assume that to achieve a 360-degree image appropriate for Google Maps, Ms Barth would have the equipment to do so and then reading the title of her LinkedIn page, I believed she has.
(Dylan Barth - Freelance Video Producer. Based in Denver Colorado)
Facebook Link:

So, now armed with a bit of knowledge on how to navigate these singular locations on Google Street Maps, I returned to the strange rectangle hovering near the beach on the South-East coast of England!

In the top left-hand corner, the black box told me the location was close to the Seven Sisters, the cliffs mentioned in
the initial posting. But under the title, it says 'Fu Yiqing' -the reverse of what is written on the mysterious 'not-there'
monolith.

Staying with the reference to Ms Barth's occupation, I found that Fu Yiqing is the name of a Casting Director who's
single success in the movie business (IMDB) was a drama made in China called 'I'm Innocent'.

Checking in with Google Images, I found a 'Fu Yiqing -YouTube' image showing a floating rectangle shape and the
mysterious name blazoned across it. It was a 23-second long YouTube video showing an artist's painting hanging on
a wall recorded in an 'artsy-fartsy' fashion! But I checked 3 comments and was pleasantly surprised.

@Formxny
9 months ago
WHAT IS YIQING FU TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHY DO I SEE THESE THINGS ON GOOGLE MAPS
TELL ME NOW PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME PLEASE TELL ME
PLEASE TELL ME

@larsen3545
9 months ago
Why am i here

@Formxny
9 months ago
are you google maps guy yiqing fu

Link to YouTube Video:

Is this all just a rabbit hole purposely constructed for an armchair-detective to scurry down?
How does one obtain permission from Google to post images within their 'public' map engine that indirectly advertises
the careers of those who can put their wares on the Google Street Maps? Do do these individuals pay for such access?
I'll take a look.

Shy

Thanks for taking a deeper dive into this little mystery. I think when some of these marketeers come up with something somewhat original and have a friend on the inside where both sides get something out of it, monetary or projecting some kind of idea. Or as F2d5thCav mentioned, someone found a backdoor to insert images. That physical monolith that popped up somewhere in remote area of Utah and then shortly thereafter more started making the msm hedlines including one in Romania I think was all a marketing ploy. I can't remember the backstory of it.

Going way off on a tangent...

The mad poet:
[Image: jclPlqM.jpg]

Quote:Justin Geoffrey (1898–1926) A poet who wrote "The People of the Monolith" after visiting the village of Stregoicavar and died "screaming in a madhouse" five years before the events of the story. He is remembered by the villagers as acting in an odd manner, with a habit of mumbling to himself. The story opens with this stanza, which is attributed to him:

They say foul things of Old Times still lurk
    In dark forgotten corners of the world.
    And Gates still gape to loose, on certain nights.
    Shapes pent in Hell.

Quote:Call of Cthulhu : The Black Monolith

This week’s Call of Cthulhu game was based on Robert E. Howard’s short story, The Black Stone, originally published in Weird Tales in November 1931. That issue was a treat for amateurs of the Cthulhu Mythos—it also contained the Tale of Satampra Zeiros by Clark Ashton Smith, another member of H.P. Lovecraft’s inner circle.

A scan of the original magazine is available on The Internet Archive and the full text of The Black Stone is on Project Gutenberg.

I had the audacity to make a few changes to Howard’s original story for the game scenario. The mad poet Justin Geoffrey was an Englishman (not an American), who had died in 1921 in Bedlam. After combing through his medical records and searching esoteric books in the libraries of London, the investigators took the Orient Express across Europe, to find out what horrors he had witnessed that had driven him to insanity.

Upon reaching Stregoicavar, the subsequent events unfolded in a similar way to Howard’s tale.

Be careful how far down the rabbit hole you venture. Bawaha!

RE: A Google Map Mystery - BIAD - 07-06-2023

One of the few links to Fu Yiqing is strange article from 'Science Direct'. It's an essay on something to do with
unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and a suggested manner of propulsion to assist in crop-spraying. Yiqing Fu is
listed as one of the authors.

(Here's Yiqing Fu credentials on the paper)

'Academy of Interdisciplinary Studies, Guangdong Polytechnic Normal University, Guangzhou 510665, China'

I'd guess this isn't the chap who made the 'Seven Sisters' monolith.
Sure

Edit: Even those on Reddit are struggling to solve the puzzle!
Link:

RE: A Google Map Mystery - BIAD - 08-08-2023

Yer' know, you just get all sorted with one strange object appearing on the coast and then, just like buses,
another one turns up!
Shy

Quote:Massive totem pole appears on Kent clifftop but no one knows who put it there

'A mysterious installation has appeared overnight along the cliff-top path on the North Downs Way (between Dover
and Folkestone). It is an 8ft totem carved from a single tree and inscribed with the name Perkūnas, a Baltic God.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1134]
On the south-east coast of England.

Dover District Council has asked Kent Wildlife Trust to seek retroactive planning permission if it wishes to keep
‘Perkūnas the Pole’. But they don't know who created it. The Trust is now appealing to find the original artist to
answer some questions about the totem pole, which now proudly towers at the nature reserve in Capel-Le-Ferne.

Area Manager Ian Rickards said: “The artist behind this would have spent hours painstakingly carving out the details
and we are keen to keep it on our reserve. “The artwork seems to be a hit with the walkers who have taken selfies
and congratulated us on the installation, but we had no idea how it came to be there – it’s a ‘Totem’ mystery!

“The local council has given us eight weeks to submit planning permission and it would be great to track down the
person behind ‘Perkūnas to get a bit more detail so we can keep it. The planning application will incur a cost to the
Trust, so if anyone would like to make a donation to help fund the process, it would be gratefully received.”

Just a few miles from the totem, recently-released red billed choughs now fly in the skies. The birds are now flying
about the White Cliffs of Dover as part of a reintroduction project for the species, which is a joint venture between
Kent Wildlife Trust and Wildwood Trust and is supported by Paradise Park Cornwall.

Mythology states that Perkūnas is the god of sky, thunder, and lightning and so the conservationists have
viewed the installation as a good omen of clement weather while the birds adjust to being out in the open....'
Kent Live:

So I guess the unknown carver will now be seeking funding to keep his totem pole clear of guano.
Shocked