Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: General Health Topics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+--- Thread: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? (/showthread.php?tid=874)

Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - ancientlight - 06-28-2023

Hi all.
So I woke up with this small completly flat and red thing in my eye? When I try to pull my lower eyelid away a bit, the thing is just completely stuck to my eyeball so I can't grab it. I tried rinsing a few times, doesn't do it either.

Would this be a problem if I ignore it , will it go away on it's on?
Or how else to try to remove it at home?

What if I'm unable to remove it ?
Could it be some eye injury as it's red ? Though seems unlikely.

Thanks

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - quintessentone - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:24 PM)ancientlight Wrote: Hi all.
So I woke up with this small completly flat and red thing in my eye? When I try to pull my lower eyelid away a bit, the thing is just completely stuck to my eyeball so I can't grab it. I tried rinsing a few times, doesn't do it either.

Thanks

If it were me, I'd go talk to a pharmacist because they can now prescribe drops for pink eye. Anyway, the pharmacist could help you, I would think. Good luck.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - ancientlight - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:33 PM)quintessentone Wrote:

Thanks

If it were me, I'd go talk to a pharmacist because they can now prescribe drops for pink eye. Anyway, the pharmacist could help you, I would think. Good luck.
Thanks, but it's not pink eye. Just some small flat red thingie stuck on my eyeball ?

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - quintessentone - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 03:53 PM)ancientlight Wrote:

Thanks

Thanks, but it's not pink eye. Just some small flat red thingie stuck on my eyeball ?

Pink eye is something pink or red in the eye, you got 'red'. No harm in showing the pharmacist is there? Who knows what they have seen in people's eyes, maybe they can remove it for you. It would be my first step before going to the ER and waiting hours upon hours to see a doctor. Or sure see your doctor if you have same day appointments, but most people can't see their doctor on demand.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Snarl - 06-28-2023

Thanks

OMG

Go ... to ... your ... doctor ... or ... the ... ER ... right ... away!!

You have permission. Everyone in medical understands Life, Limb, Eyesight as not to be trifled with.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - ancientlight - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 04:03 PM)quintessentone Wrote:

Thanks

Pink eye is something pink or red in the eye, you got 'red'. No harm in showing the pharmacist is there? Who knows what they have seen in people's eyes, maybe they can remove it for you. It would be my first step before going to the ER and waiting hours upon hours to see a doctor. Or sure see your doctor if you have same day appointments, but most people can't see their doctor on demand.
Hm, maybe it could be . It is stuck on the same spot of the eyeball ( I think). Is it a problem if I ignore it, I hate eye drops  Shy
How do I know it's pink eye, and not some object ?

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-28-2023

Thanks

One time my ex got a tiny metal shaving stuck (embedded) in his eyeball. We were young, had no insurance and couldn't afford any medical bills. Not even our friend (an optometrist) could get it out with the proper tools. It bugged him for a while but eventually his eyeball pushed it out on its own. He never had any problems with that eye after, to this day he doesn't even wear glasses.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-28-2023

This is a time you want to err on the side of caution.

It could be something small that requires no action at all, or it could be something that may be placing your vision at risk. There is no doctor or nurse that would make that call based solely off the information you have provided here.

A simple visit to your local ER or to an urgent care center is all it takes.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Kenzo - 06-28-2023

It need to be checked by doctor .

(06-28-2023, 05:15 PM)ancientlight Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 04:03 PM)quintessentone Wrote:

Thanks

Hm, maybe it could be . It is stuck on the same spot of the eyeball ( I think). Is it a problem if I ignore it, I hate eye drops  Shy
How do I know it's pink eye, and not some object ?

To me, it stands to reason that if a pharmacist has taken a course to identify pink eye then they may have been schooled in what else it could be then recommend you to the ER. It's an easy thing to just go and let a pharmacist have a look.

Thanks for the replies guys. It's defintely something in my eyes, because I can move it about when I touch my lower eyelid.
Will call the doctor tomorrow, don't need any eye problems.
thumbsup2

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Ninurta - 06-28-2023

A few years ago, when I lived in Kansas City, I woke up one morning with a red blotch on my eyeball. I didn't know it was there until I got to work and my boss asked me what the hell was wrong with my eye. As it turned out, it was just a ruptured blood vessel in the surface of my eyeball. I have no idea why it ruptured, I just woke up one morning and it was there. It didn't hurt, it didn't itch, and it wasn't annoying like a scratched cornea or a shaving in the eye Is.

I left it alone, no treatment, and it healed on it's own in a couple months.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - ancientlight - 06-29-2023

(06-28-2023, 10:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A few years ago, when I lived in Kansas City, I woke up one morning with a red blotch on my eyeball. I didn't know it was there until I got to work and my boss asked me what the hell was wrong with my eye. As it turned out, it was just a ruptured blood vessel in the surface of my eyeball. I have no idea why it ruptured, I just woke up one morning and it was there. It didn't hurt, it didn't itch, and it wasn't annoying like a scratched cornea or a shaving in the eye Is.

Could you move it a bit if you pulled on the eyelids ? If this is what I have it's nothing, I don't want to go to a doctor for something this minor. It doesn't annoy me, it just look like a flat red bit on my eyeball, could be blood, I can't tell.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Ninurta - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 02:27 AM)ancientlight Wrote:
(06-28-2023, 10:12 PM)Ninurta Wrote: A few years ago, when I lived in Kansas City, I woke up one morning with a red blotch on my eyeball. I didn't know it was there until I got to work and my boss asked me what the hell was wrong with my eye. As it turned out, it was just a ruptured blood vessel in the surface of my eyeball. I have no idea why it ruptured, I just woke up one morning and it was there. It didn't hurt, it didn't itch, and it wasn't annoying like a scratched cornea or a shaving in the eye Is.

Could you move it a bit if you pulled on the eyelids ? If this is what I have it's nothing, I don't want to go to a doctor for something this minor. It doesn't annoy me, it just look like a flat red bit on my eyeball, could be blood, I can't tell.

Nope, I couldn't move it. It was like a varicose vein in my eyeball. If that's what it is in your case, and it's big enough or blistered out to where it moves like that, you might want to get to a doctor and have it looked at.

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - ancientlight - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:15 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

Nope, I couldn't move it. It was like a varicose vein in my eyeball. If that's what it is in your case, and it's big enough or blistered out to where it moves like that, you might want to get to a doctor and have it looked at.

This morning it's gone. I think it must have been a blot clot on my eyes as it didn't bother me at all , but was just noticeable .
Weird, but at least I don't have to see a doctor  Smile
Thanks again for the replies

RE: Something comepletely flat and red stuck in my eye? - Bally002 - 06-29-2023

(06-29-2023, 05:30 PM)ancientlight Wrote:
(06-29-2023, 05:15 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

This morning it's gone. I think it must have been a blot clot on my eyes as it didn't bother me at all , but was just noticeable .
Weird, but at least I don't have to see a doctor  Smile
Thanks again for the replies

Good news.  Glad to hear.  Stay healthy.

Kind regards,

Bally)