Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: Psychological Well Being (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=107)
+--- Thread: It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! (/showthread.php?tid=862)

It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - OmegaLogos - 06-26-2023

Disclaimer: I can't hide myself and I don't expect you to understand, but I am a Man!

Explanation: This thread is about masculine mental health and well being.

Everyone is welcome to post, but please realize its meant to be a positive thread about men and male issues.

With that said ... here is the song that inspired this thread ...

And here is a longer version ...

To Be A Man (MEGA REMIX) Lyrics

What The Hell Are We Going To Do Without MEN? Jordan Peterson

Quote:"It's okay to be a man".

It's not okay; It's necessary.

You look around cities and see all these buildings go up. These men, they're doing impossible things. They're working on the sewers; they're up on the power lines in the storms and the rain.

They work themselves to death (often literally).

The gratitude for that is sorely lacking, especially among the people who should be most grateful: the social justice bent who are among the most protected and privileged people the world has ever produced.

They take everything they have for granted, failing to understand that there's a massive infrastructure of unbelievably hard-working, solidly labouring working-class men breaking themselves in half regularly, making sure that everything that always breaks works.

A little gratitude for that is in order.

Personal Disclosure: Behind every great man there is a great woman!

I thank God everyday that my gf, aka my common law wife of 22yrs, has stood besides me supporting my heart through all the crap I have gone through!

Love you sweety! You are my angel! You make me a better man! Love it

@Men ... it is ok to cry ok ...

Jake Banfield - Boys Don't Cry

I am here for you my brothers in arms!

Let us discuss masculinity and issues affecting men!

RE: It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - Kenzo - 06-26-2023

[Image: attachment.php?aid=930]

RE: It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - Bally002 - 06-26-2023

I will post a coherent reply here when I am in a better frame of mind.  Sorry, been drinking with 'True Love' and it's 7pm.

This is a can of worms opened for me because I am critical of males who don't subscribe to my aspect of what real men are.

It is not a phobia of any sorts or a nasty, sometimes destructive thought structure. 

There are some types of men who are not considered brothers to me.  Dirty filth.  Scum bags.  Pedos.  Thieves.  Violent types.  Simps.  Cowards.  Just to name a few.  So I need to consider all and more to put a reply together.  

A conflictive topic for me and will put thought into it.  

My kind regards to you and yours,

Bally)

RE: It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - kdog - 06-26-2023

Damn, I feel the need to drop some cid or eat some mushrooms now.......

I am one lucky son of a bitch and don't deserve the woman I have

RE: It's A Lonely Road! @Men, Amen For Men! In Praise Of Masculinity! - Bally002 - 06-27-2023

Putting a little more thought into this I tend to gravitate to hard working men albeit in any trade.  I do like learning new tricks and currently on and off work with an elder man on car and tractor.  He gets lonely, a bit like me at times.

I used to like going to the pub but these later years there seems to be one or two there who start a fight.  Yelling and screaming angry men don't impress me.  Can't drink and drive anyway nowadays so I drink at home.  I miss my ship mates from when I was in the navy but still these days keeps in touch with the few that have survived and like a good drink, chat and so.  But face to face is rare as the live mostly all around Australia.

Don't like cheats or bludgers.  

I have a soft spot for homeless men or those down on their luck and sometimes have any exchange of conversation.  In these cases I am not one to part with cash but will buy a feed.  If a see a man scraping the pavement for butts I'll roll a smoke and pass it on. 

As a male I felt cheated in courts  and arbitration with family matters.  That led to an irreparable relationship with my eldest children.  Still see them but have not got the same closeness as I have with the four I have with my true love.  Didn't like the men and still don't, who made the decisions that had this effect.

In saying this I haven't been a saint but I haven't been a crook either.  

Anyway, good forum, I may add more and my writing in this has been a little all over.  Hope you get the grasp.

Kind regards to all,

Bally)