Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A real Woody - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: A real Woody (/showthread.php?tid=852)

A real Woody - Bally002 - 06-24-2023

Cutting and splitting wood as I have for many years, I have had occasions to split unusual pieces.  Now the pictured stand out bit of timber is from a Hoop Pine.  Native Australian tree.  I have a logs and occasionally take some out.

During the splitting of a particular block, this popped out.  'True Love' (wife) went into the giggles and I chortled a bit myself.  I have never seen a bit like it and most likely never will again.  It survived the chainsaw cutting and the 3000PSI splitter.

It is not carved but simply a product of nature and will be put to some use other than the hearth.  True love suggested putting it on the wall and hanging my hat on it.

Anyway, had to share.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A real Woody - quintessentone - 06-24-2023

Thanks for an early morning laugh. Smile

RE: A real Woody - p358 - 06-24-2023

Finely sand it, stain and varnish give it to the misses with a wink and a smirk and say, "This is for when I have to go away for a few days."

PSmile

RE: A real Woody - quintessentone - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 12:05 PM)p358 Wrote: Finely sand it, stain and varnish give it to the misses with a wink and a smirk and say, "This is for when I have to go away for a few days."

PSmile

That may work against him because that's an endowed piece of mother nature. Smile

RE: A real Woody - Bally002 - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 12:24 PM)quintessentone Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 12:05 PM)p358 Wrote: Finely sand it, stain and varnish give it to the misses with a wink and a smirk and say, "This is for when I have to go away for a few days."

PSmile

That may work against him because that's an endowed piece of mother nature. Smile

Yes, true dat! Smile

Bally

RE: A real Woody - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-24-2023

LMAO  LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

RE: A real Woody - Bally002 - 06-24-2023

Updated/edited with new pic to give context.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A real Woody - Ninurta - 06-25-2023

Yep, that's a hat-rack if ever I saw one!

It looks like it was probably a branch years ago that, for whatever reason, each year's growth of bark grew around rather than incorporating. I've seen things like it in white pines around here, but never to that, erm, extent...

RE: A real Woody - Michigan Swamp Buck - 06-25-2023

I have found many similar things in my wood including female parts. Is that a beer can in the pic? Not Fosters, I can tell that much.

RE: A real Woody - quintessentone - 06-25-2023

(06-25-2023, 01:58 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I have found many similar things in my wood including female parts. Is that a beer can in the pic? Not Fosters, I can tell that much.

Why? Are you a beer eficianado?

RE: A real Woody - Bally002 - 06-25-2023

(06-25-2023, 01:58 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: I have found many similar things in my wood including female parts. Is that a beer can in the pic? Not Fosters, I can tell that much.

Would never touch Fosters but yes it is a beer.  Placed the can there so the size could be gauged.  

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A real Woody - BIAD - 06-25-2023

(06-25-2023, 06:48 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Would never touch Fosters but yes it is a beer.  Placed the can there so the size could be gauged.  

Kind regards,

Bally)

In regards of shock-value, learning from a relative from Australia (Traralgon) who visited us many years ago,
Aussies being seen on TV relishing Fosters lager was all just a marketing ploy to trick us Limeys, far out-weighs
any arboreal genital prowess!!

Nice one, Bally!
Smile Smile

(06-25-2023, 07:15 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 06:48 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Would never touch Fosters but yes it is a beer.  Placed the can there so the size could be gauged.  

Kind regards,

Bally)

In regards of shock-value, learning from a relative from Australia (Traralgon) who visited us many years ago,
Aussies being seen on TV relishing Fosters lager was all just a marketing ploy to trick us Limeys, far out-weighs
any arboreal genital prowess!!

Nice one, Bally!
Smile Smile

Ah, Traralgon.  Nice part of Victoria.  Victoria Bitter VB country for sure.  Have stayed there a few times with my sister (Now moved to Queensland).  Nice stopover in the old days when travelling to the lakes for some fishing.  

I did drink Fosters when I was a young bloke but it lost it's flavor with Aussie beer drinkers in the late 70's methinks.  But I can't complain as I drink any sort of beer.  Even my own when I was into homebrewing.  I have a taste for the B52 Brewery beers. (expensive) They have a stout that blew my taste buds and I hesitate to drink any other stout.  They don't compare anymore.  Sigh, I digress.

Funny you mention the term 'Limey'.  That's old school and was rarely used.  I was familiar with it from reading those old war comics but my father, a war vet, told me never to called a pommy a limey.  So pommy has stuck or 'The Poms' as we affectionately call them in cricketing terms.

Checking out that bit of timber as, I did, err, yeah nah, it appears that the protuberance might me an ingrown branch that ceased growth on the outside for what ever reason.  The outside timber wood or where the bark was has a healed over circle that is hard to notice.   It's easy to pick up and have a look.  I dabble in wood work and have some pieces for sale in Sydney so I might just leave the sculpture of nature as is and just varnish it over with a couple of coats of a good marine grade.

Will look at that on my next visit down south as I'm taking a couple of solid hardwood pedestals for display that I have cut as well.  The 'dicky' block might just sell as well.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A real Woody - BIAD - 06-25-2023

(06-25-2023, 08:00 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Ah, Traralgon.  Nice part of Victoria.  Victoria Bitter VB country for sure.  Have stayed there a few times with my sister (Now moved to Queensland).  Nice stopover in the old days when travelling to the lakes for some fishing.  

I did drink Fosters when I was a young bloke but it lost it's flavor with Aussie beer drinkers in the late 70's methinks.  But I can't complain as I drink any sort of beer.  Even my own when I was into homebrewing.  I have a taste for the B52 Brewery beers. (expensive) They have a stout that blew my taste buds and I hesitate to drink any other stout.  They don't compare anymore.  Sigh, I digress.

Funny you mention the term 'Limey'.  That's old school and was rarely used.  I was familiar with it from reading those old war comics but my father, a war vet, told me never to called a pommy a limey.  So pommy has stuck or 'The Poms' as we affectionately call them in cricketing terms.

Checking out that bit of timber as, I did, err, yeah nah, it appears that the protuberance might me an ingrown branch that ceased growth on the outside for what ever reason.  The outside timber wood or where the bark was has a healed over circle that is hard to notice.   It's easy to pick up and have a look.  I dabble in wood work and have some pieces for sale in Sydney so I might just leave the sculpture of nature as is and just varnish it over with a couple of coats of a good marine grade.

Will look at that on my next visit down south as I'm taking a couple of solid hardwood pedestals for display that I have cut as well.  The 'dicky' block might just sell as well.

Kind regards,

Bally)

Well I have to admit I have slowly become a 'whinging Pom' as the years have progressed!
The Limey-thing has lost any of its taint these days and in general, merely an affectionate nod that males (real ones!)
use in their banter. If these names were once seen as slurs, it's been lost to history due to social-media demanding
newer names to insult each other with!!

In my location, we often use an expression for a wife or female partner as 'Our Lass' and in regards of your wooden
phallic, I'd go along with what 'your lass' said and hang your hat on it!

Edit: I rarely drink beer these days, but I do like a darker ale.

RE: A real Woody - F2d5thCav - 06-25-2023

Bally--

Looks like that tree had a real hard-on for you.  Laughing

Cheers

(06-25-2023, 08:14 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 08:00 AM)Bally002 Wrote: Ah, Traralgon.  Nice part of Victoria.  Victoria Bitter VB country for sure.  Have stayed there a few times with my sister (Now moved to Queensland).  Nice stopover in the old days when travelling to the lakes for some fishing.  

Kind regards,

Bally)

Well I have to admit I have slowly become a 'whinging Pom' as the years have progressed!
The Limey-thing has lost any of its taint these days and in general, merely an affectionate nod that males (real ones!)
use in their banter. If these names were once seen as slurs, it's been lost to history due to social-media demanding
newer names to insult each other with!!

In my location, we often use an expression for a wife or female partner as 'Our Lass' and in regards of your wooden
phallic, I'd go along with what 'your lass' said and hang your hat on it!

Edit: I rarely drink beer these days, but I do like a darker ale.

Well, as I said we refer to the mother country populace as poms but it's in affectionate terms.  Kinda like getting a phone call, "Pommy Ron here mate, can yer deliver a load this arvo."   Well I know who this Ron is straight away.  Still has a bit of Brit accent to his voice and he regards his nickname as a badge of belonging. Much like Yanks are known as septics or seppos, indians as curry munchers, New Zealanders as Kiwis etc when it comes to competition.  

Haven't heard of 'Our Lass'.  New one for me.  Noted.  It's 'True Love' or simply 'Truey' for my oppo.  She responds to a loud "Oi !" as well when she's operating the machine or over the other paddock.

My nickname is "Nobby" but I'm not a Clark.

Kind regards,

Bally)

(06-25-2023, 08:37 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Bally--

Looks like that tree had a real hard-on for you.  Laughing

Cheers

Yeah, lol, I'm now the proud owner of 'Dickwood'.  I'm going back to that particular log and see if I can split a couple more out.  Might be something in this.

Cheers Cav,

Bally)