Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: The Sports and Travel Zone (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=94)
+--- Thread: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) (/showthread.php?tid=851)

Pages: 1 2

Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Schmoe - 06-24-2023

So I've LONG been fascinated by this stuff, long before Joe Rogan blew it up on his podcast.  I've always had an interest in the spiritual/psychedelic connection.

I learned about DMT when I was in college, and sort of tucked that info away for later.  I didn't feel like I was ready for it.  I've heard it explained that if shrooms and acid are a long-lasting, pretty fireworks show, DMT is a short-lived, in-your-face hydrogen bomb.

They were right.  I had done shrooms a handful of times in college amongst friends.  I was absolutely amazed by how everyone, about 7 of us, were on the same wavelength.  We laughed hysterically at the same things, wanted to listen to the same music, do the same things.  It lasted about 6 hours if I'm remembering right.  This was about 20 years ago.  

I've also experienced the other side of shrooms.  I did them again maybe a year later, and the first hour or two were great.  Then there was a feeling of impending doom that came out of nowhere.  I excused myself, went into my room, curled up into a ball in my bed, and was tortured by every bad memory in my head.  That sucked.

I did them a few more times after that, and even grew my own at one point.  I had zero interest in selling them, but some friends wanted them, and I never had another bad experience.  

Fast forward to about 6 months ago.  I hadn't done shrooms in over a decade, and I had completely forgotten about DMT.  I'd been hearing Rogan talk about it again, and I was reminded.  I wanted to meet these entities many people seem to encounter.  Some call them machine elves, they seem mechanical to some, made of fractals to others, are friendly and joke around with some, and some claim they're mischievous and evil.  There are other entities people encounter, such as God-like beings the size of mountains, strange jesters, and comforting mother-like figures.

You can see why my interest was piqued  :laughing:

I don't have any of those same friends anymore, life went on, we had families, a few moved away.  So I didn't have anyone who might know somebody with DMT.  I found out DMT occurs naturally in many animals and plants, all you had to do was extract it from a certain type of root bark, mimosa hostilis.

I found a guide to do it, and I was shocked at how easy it was.  Much easier and much faster than growing shrooms.

So I made it, and I was finally sitting there alone, late at night.  I had done a TON of research to try and get an understanding of what to expect, how to do it, what to do after I did it, etc., and I thought I was pretty well prepared.

I was wrong.  I used a bong-like device that vaporizes the powder, took a giant hit, held it in, put the bong down, layed back, and closed my eyes.

There was the field of black you see when you close your eyes, but far in the distance was a spiral made of fractals that was slowly getting closer and closer to me.  I noticed all my senses were gone.  No smell, no hearing, except for a strange but pleasant ringing in my right ear that was slowly increasing in volume. 

As soon as I started to appreciate the beauty of the spiral made of fractals, my field of vision with my eyes closed accelerated right into the spiral, like I was launched.  I felt like I was traveling through space at light speed, zooming through darkness with points of light streaking by.  I forgot what breathing was, and this freaked me out a little bit and I started to panic.

Right as I REALLY started to panic I came out of that wormhole (only way I can describe it) and emerged in a place I'll feebly attempt to describe.

It was a giant area, no ground or anything, sort of like I was floating in a nebula.  The color of it was BEAUTIFUL, like a sky at sunset.  There was orange, red, purple, blue.  There was a wall of symbols I didn't recognize, and towering above it was a being.  I couldn't quite make out the being, but I felt it there and could sort of see it.

There was a thrumming vibration, rhythmic, going through my entire consciousness.  I say that because I was no longer in my body.  The launch I described felt like my consciousness was torn from my body and launched to a different dimension.  That part was scary, but short, only a few seconds.

When I got to this place I was in, along with the rhythmic vibration, I felt a love I have only felt towards my children.  I laughed at my stupidity of being afraid, and felt like I was home.  I STRONGLY felt like I had been here before, and that one day I would return.

The place I was in began to fade, and I knew the trip was ending, and I felt sad at having to leave so soon.  These trips only last about 5-10 minutes.

I came back to my body, and just like that I was stone sober.  There was a euphoric feeling that lasted a good while, and things had a very slight glow to them, a sort of aura.

I laughed very hard and almost cried at the beauty of where I went, and how I could be so stupid to have forgotten it.

I haven't done it again since then, but I want to soon.  I wanted adequate time to understand what happened, and take it in.

I truly believe everybody should do it at least once.  It was the closest I've gotten to a spiritual experience.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - MisterSpock - 06-24-2023

Interesting descriptions.

It's been so long since I did anything like that, in my youth I frequented both LSD and Shrooms, much preferred the shrooms to be honest. Only did LSD about a dozen times, but shrooms, I did them much more. Usually with others, but a fair amount by myself.

For me, It was always a positive experience, the sensations, the content and the visuals were always an experience and for days after, I'd have that euphoric feeling or feeling of "substance" after.

As for DMT, I'd never much heard of it, the only thing I was aware of in my youth that I didn't try was Peyote.

At this point though, I don't really care much to revisit any of it.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Schmoe - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 03:07 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Interesting descriptions.

It's been so long since I did anything like that, in my youth I frequented both LSD and Shrooms, much preferred the shrooms to be honest. Only did LSD about a dozen times, but shrooms, I did them much more. Usually with others, but a fair amount by myself.

For me, It was always a positive experience, the sensations, the content and the visuals were always an experience and for days after, I'd have that euphoric feeling or feeling of "substance" after.

As for DMT, I'd never much heard of it, the only thing I was aware of in my youth that I didn't try was Peyote.

Oh yes, I can't decide what my favorite part of shrooms was.  I loved eating them inside, waiting for them to kick in, then going outside.  Colors were so vivid.  I also love the "shroom comraderie" when doing them with others.

Interestingly, my one bad trip came when I did them at night.  Every other time has been during the day.

If you've done them many times, you've certainly done much higher doses than I have.  Every time I did them, I ate the standard eighth.  I've heard of people experienced in both DMT and shrooms, experiencing DMT-like effects at very high doses of shrooms.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - MisterSpock - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 03:41 AM)Schmoe Wrote:

Oh yes, I can't decide what my favorite part of shrooms was.  I loved eating them inside, waiting for them to kick in, then going outside.  Colors were so vivid.  I also love the "shroom comraderie" when doing them with others.

Interestingly, my one bad trip came when I did them at night.  Every other time has been during the day.

If you've done them many times, you've certainly done much higher doses than I have.  Every time I did them, I ate the standard eighth.  I've heard of people experienced in both DMT and shrooms, experiencing DMT-like effects at very high doses of shrooms.

I always did them at night, mostly with others, but enough times alone, but back in the day there was a nice small town "roving" culture. So you could bounce from click to click and know just about everyone. My best overall experience was alone, at night. Ate a bunch with plans to meet others, ended up just driving/roaming around til the early hours of the morning.

I was just driving, seemed like only for an hour, driving, smoking a bit and then I started to come down and realize I was about 3 hours from home and it was 4 in the morning. I was literally lost in a different world just taking it all in.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - quintessentone - 06-24-2023

I too, in my teen years, tried two different types of acid during the daytime and both were positive trips, but I have never tried shrooms. 

Well my daughter bought me some as a Christmas present and there it still sits on my dresser. My daughter keeps asking why I haven't tried it yet. Well I told her it was because she told me she took a larger dose of shrooms and was freaking out in the bathroom - she said she was floating in the cosmos without a body and started freaking out. I thought to myself, yeah, no thanks. I can float around the cosmos by simply doing an OBE, which I've accomplished before with my brain intact in it's normal state.

Anyway, I asked hubby if he wanted to do the shrooms with me and we could float through the cosmos and maybe together we might be able to explode some atoms with our minds. He said 'no' and I said 'you chickenshit'. I am also a 'chickenshit'. Basically I don't want to do it alone. So here I am with untouched shrooms.

It's very interesting what's happening in the medical field with shrooms because they have finished many clinical studies and the doctors say they are amazed at the positive results they have seen on mental illnesses. Even in these clinical trials the patients are never left alone and they are walked through every stage of the trip by the doctors. Maybe I should just research the stages of the shroom trip so I will know what to expect and when.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Schmoe - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 04:42 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:

I always did them at night, mostly with others, but enough times alone, but back in the day there was a nice small town "roving" culture. So you could bounce from click to click and know just about everyone. My best overall experience was alone, at night. Ate a bunch with plans to meet others, ended up just driving/roaming around til the early hours of the morning.

I was just driving, seemed like only for an hour, driving, smoking a bit and then I started to come down and realize I was about 3 hours from home and it was 4 in the morning. I was literally lost in a different world just taking it all in.

That is so cool.  It was sort of like that at college, there were a few cliques for everything.  I had my hockey clique, my nerd clique, and my clique who smoked and did shrooms.  For me, shrooms weren't something I wanted to do often.  MAYBE every couple months.  You need a good 6 hours to devote to it.

That's another reason I love DMT.  Short, sweet, and to the point.  10 minutes, and you're back, sober as you were before you started.  Fortunately for me, my mother likes taking my kids for sleepovers every couple months, and daddy gets to do his psychedelics  Laughing

(06-24-2023, 12:23 PM)quintessentone Wrote: I too, in my teen years, tried two different types of acid during the daytime and both were positive trips, but I have never tried shrooms. 

Well my daughter bought me some as a Christmas present and there it still sits on my dresser. My daughter keeps asking why I haven't tried it yet. Well I told her it was because she told me she took a larger dose of shrooms and was freaking out in the bathroom - she said she was floating in the cosmos without a body and started freaking out. I thought to myself, yeah, no thanks. I can float around the cosmos by simply doing an OBE, which I've accomplished before with my brain intact in it's normal state.

Anyway, I asked hubby if he wanted to do the shrooms with me and we could float through the cosmos and maybe together we might be able to explode some atoms with our minds. He said 'no' and I said 'you chickenshit'. I am also a 'chickenshit'. Basically I don't want to do it alone. So here I am with untouched shrooms.

It's very interesting what's happening in the medical field with shrooms because they have finished many clinical studies and the doctors say they are amazed at the positive results they have seen on mental illnesses. Even in these clinical trials the patients are never left alone and they are walked through every stage of the trip by the doctors. Maybe I should just research the stages of the shroom trip so I will know what to expect and when.

See, that's what appeals to me about these psychedelics.  Going places you might not imagine.  There are people who think about floating in the cosmos who say "screw that," and others say "sounds awesome!"

When you take these substances, it feels like you're unlocking bits of your mind.  I forgot to mention a few things about that trip, but along with the feeling of unconditional love, I had the realization that everything is connected.  We're all parts of a greater whole, and one day we'll return to the whole.  I'm not doing a great job describing it, but it felt something like that.

It's interesting to me too what you said about a self-induced OBE.  I've heard of people accomplishing this through meditation and certain breathing techniques.  I've never attempted it myself, these days I just don't have the time to devote to it, but I'm open to it in the future, to compare to the DMT effects.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - quintessentone - 06-24-2023

(06-24-2023, 02:39 PM)Schmoe Wrote:
(06-24-2023, 04:42 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:

That is so cool.  It was sort of like that at college, there were a few cliques for everything.  I had my hockey clique, my nerd clique, and my clique who smoked and did shrooms.  For me, shrooms weren't something I wanted to do often.  MAYBE every couple months.  You need a good 6 hours to devote to it.

That's another reason I love DMT.  Short, sweet, and to the point.  10 minutes, and you're back, sober as you were before you started.  Fortunately for me, my mother likes taking my kids for sleepovers every couple months, and daddy gets to do his psychedelics  Laughing

(06-24-2023, 12:23 PM)quintessentone Wrote: I too, in my teen years, tried two different types of acid during the daytime and both were positive trips, but I have never tried shrooms. 

See, that's what appeals to me about these psychedelics.  Going places you might not imagine.  There are people who think about floating in the cosmos who say "screw that," and others say "sounds awesome!"

When you take these substances, it feels like you're unlocking bits of your mind.  I forgot to mention a few things about that trip, but along with the feeling of unconditional love, I had the realization that everything is connected.  We're all parts of a greater whole, and one day we'll return to the whole.  I'm not doing a great job describing it, but it felt something like that.

It's interesting to me too what you said about a self-induced OBE.  I've heard of people accomplishing this through meditation and certain breathing techniques.  I've never attempted it myself, these days I just don't have the time to devote to it, but I'm open to it in the future, to compare to the DMT effects.

I'm not so sure any comparisons can be made between the two because with OBEs you are in total control, with DMT not so much, unless you arm yourself beforehand with the knowledge of the stages and what to expect. Even so with that, you would still not be in total control.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-24-2023

@Schmoe 

I've never done DMT but your experience sounds like one I had during an intense religious moment. I was in deep prayer and asked God to show me why we are here and what our purpose is. I was immediately yanked from my body and sent speeding through what I can only describe as a "kaleidoscope tunnel of light". It was so sudden that it freaked me out and I asked God to please stop because I wasn't as ready as I thought I was. I was immediately back in my body and it was over. That was about 10 years ago, have never asked again.

I've done lots of drugs in my life, my organs are suffering the consequences for it all now that I am older, but even acid and mushrooms never gave me an experience like that- and I was stone cold sober.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Ninurta - 06-24-2023

My recommendation would be to never do hallucinogens without a co-pilot or guide who is stone cold sober in case of a bad trip, to assist in keeping you grounded. While they may be fun to do as a pack or a group, if someone freaks, you need a level head in the group to keep them as calm as possible until they come back down. But that's just my recommendation - your mileage may vary.

I used to eat all manner of chemical alterants when I was a teenager, but I stopped it entirely for 40 years or so. When I went back to weed after a 40 year hiatus, I found that weed today is not the same as it was when I was a kid, so I kinda lost interest again. I doubt that DMT has undergone the same transformation of strength fortification, but then again if it had, it'd probably kill everyone that tried it. Imagine your most recent trip intensified by 10x or 20x, and you'll get the idea... pushing a "near death" experience into a "bang yer dead" experience.

DMT used to be called "businessman's lunchtime high" in the 60's and 70's, because of it's relatively short duration. You could take a trip without ever leaving the farm over lunch, and be ready for work again when lunchtime was over.

I can't take DMT for the same reason I can't smoke weed any more - both increase the heart rate, and since I developed heart trouble, they've got me on meds to REDUCE my heart rate, so it would be counterproductive and potentially fatal for me. I also had to mostly give up alcohol over the past couple months - it works in tandem with my blood thinners, and too much carries the risk of thinning my blood TOO much, carrying the potential for me to bleed to death internally and never know it until I was already a goner. On the positive side, I think my egregious alcohol consumption may have been the only thing keeping me from stroking out before they found the problem. I think it probably kept my blood just thin enough to prevent clots from forming internally and wrecking my whole world.

Shit, I feel like a monk in a monastery these days!

BUT - I do think the DMT experience gives one an insight into the inner workings of the universe, spirit-wise. The places you go and see, the beings you meet and interact with - those are as real as the chair you are sitting on, but generally cannot be comprehended in day to day life without a little "help". The experience gives one a window into what I believe "spirit" to be. The "oneness with the universe" is as near as can be to my concept of life and afterlife. It's just a bit much and overwhelming to some folks, because they are not prepared to get opened up and connected to it like that. If you've ever been there, you're probably thinking "well shit Ninurta! How in the hell COULD anyone ever possibly prepare themselves for that?"... and you're probably right. A lifetime of restriction to the boxed-in world of our limited physical senses likely cannot prepare one in the least for getting thrown wide open and interconnected spiritually like that. We just have no physical basis to compare or prepare for it.

DMT is also created, albeit in tiny, tiny, dosees, in your pineal gland according to researchers. That may be the reason that the woo-woo folk think the pineal gland is a "third eye" that gives one spiritual insights.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Schmoe - 06-25-2023

(06-24-2023, 08:03 PM)Ninurta Wrote:

My recommendation would be to never do hallucinogens without a co-pilot or guide who is stone cold sober in case of a bad trip, to assist in keeping you grounded. While they may be fun to do as a pack or a group, if someone freaks, you need a level head in the group to keep them as calm as possible until they come back down. But that's just my recommendation - your mileage may vary.

I used to eat all manner of chemical alterants when I was a teenager, but I stopped it entirely for 40 years or so. When I went back to weed after a 40 year hiatus, I found that weed today is not the same as it was when I was a kid, so I kinda lost interest again. I doubt that DMT has undergone the same transformation of strength fortification, but then again if it had, it'd probably kill everyone that tried it. Imagine your most recent trip intensified by 10x or 20x, and you'll get the idea... pushing a "near death" experience into a "bang yer dead" experience.

DMT used to be called "businessman's lunchtime high" in the 60's and 70's, because of it's relatively short duration. You could take a trip without ever leaving the farm over lunch, and be ready for work again when lunchtime was over.

I can't take DMT for the same reason I can't smoke weed any more - both increase the heart rate, and since I developed heart trouble, they've got me on meds to REDUCE my heart rate, so it would be counterproductive and potentially fatal for me. I also had to mostly give up alcohol over the past couple months - it works in tandem with my blood thinners, and too much carries the risk of thinning my blood TOO much, carrying the potential for me to bleed to death internally and never know it until I was already a goner. On the positive side, I think my egregious alcohol consumption may have been the only thing keeping me from stroking out before they found the problem. I think it probably kept my blood just thin enough to prevent clots from forming internally and wrecking my whole world.

Shit, I feel like a monk in a monastery these days!

BUT - I do think the DMT experience gives one an insight into the inner workings of the universe, spirit-wise. The places you go and see, the beings you meet and interact with - those are as real as the chair you are sitting on, but generally cannot be comprehended in day to day life without a little "help". The experience gives one a window into what I believe "spirit" to be. The "oneness with the universe" is as near as can be to my concept of life and afterlife. It's just a bit much and overwhelming to some folks, because they are not prepared to get opened up and connected to it like that. If you've ever been there, you're probably thinking "well shit Ninurta! How in the hell COULD anyone ever possibly prepare themselves for that?"... and you're probably right. A lifetime of restriction to the boxed-in world of our limited physical senses likely cannot prepare one in the least for getting thrown wide open and interconnected spiritually like that. We just have no physical basis to compare or prepare for it.

DMT is also created, albeit in tiny, tiny, dosees, in your pineal gland according to researchers. That may be the reason that the woo-woo folk think the pineal gland is a "third eye" that gives one spiritual insights.

Well said.  I did a lot of research before diving in, and I still wasn't prepared.  It's kind of like preparing for a kick in the nuts.  It REALLY does feel like being taken from this reality, and launched into another.  Is this the real reality, or is that realm the real one?  

If we're all just energy and spirits experiencing life as a human, it 100% makes sense to me that we would return to a place like that when we die.  I think that's why I felt like I wasn't breathing.  It's like my consciousness was removed from my body to travel to where it went, and my mind, being so used to THIS reality, couldn't accept that I didn't have to breathe.  It was very bizarre.  Then I broke through the breathing panic and went to the colorful place, and I wasn't aware of breathing at all.  I've heard people say taking DMT feels like dying, and I tend to agree.  If our pineal gland releases DMT at the precipice of death, it might explain people's near-death experiences.

NDEs are another topic of fascination to me, which is another part of why I tried DMT.  I can't pretend to know what that molecule is, but it absolutely feels like it removes the veil from this existence.  The fact that it's found in many plants and animals is interesting too.  It occurs in quantities of 1-2% in the mimosa hostilis root bark, which is pretty significant.  DMT is the psychedelic found in Ayahuasca as well, only when it's brewed like that, the trip lasts for hours.  That might be a bit much for me.  At least for now  Laughing

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Ninurta - 06-26-2023

(06-25-2023, 10:08 PM)Schmoe Wrote: Well said.  I did a lot of research before diving in, and I still wasn't prepared.  It's kind of like preparing for a kick in the nuts.  It REALLY does feel like being taken from this reality, and launched into another.  Is this the real reality, or is that realm the real one?  

If we're all just energy and spirits experiencing life as a human, it 100% makes sense to me that we would return to a place like that when we die.  I think that's why I felt like I wasn't breathing.  It's like my consciousness was removed from my body to travel to where it went, and my mind, being so used to THIS reality, couldn't accept that I didn't have to breathe.  It was very bizarre.  Then I broke through the breathing panic and went to the colorful place, and I wasn't aware of breathing at all.  I've heard people say taking DMT feels like dying, and I tend to agree.  If our pineal gland releases DMT at the precipice of death, it might explain people's near-death experiences.

NDEs are another topic of fascination to me, which is another part of why I tried DMT.  I can't pretend to know what that molecule is, but it absolutely feels like it removes the veil from this existence.  The fact that it's found in many plants and animals is interesting too.  It occurs in quantities of 1-2% in the mimosa hostilis root bark, which is pretty significant.  DMT is the psychedelic found in Ayahuasca as well, only when it's brewed like that, the trip lasts for hours.  That might be a bit much for me.  At least for now  Laughing

Consider this - nothing "really" exists. Everything you see, smell, or can touch is made of molecules. Molecules are made of atoms, and atoms are made of subatomic particles flying in vast orbits around a nucleus, like miniature solar systems - a lot of space, tiny particles. Those "particles", in turn, are not really solid particles - they are bundles of discrete energy, not solid things in the way you would think of bowling balls being solid. They're just tiny bundles of energy flying around other tiny bundles of energy in vast orbits.

So, everything you see or can touch is mostly nothingness.

Now, in all that empty space are "forces", not even quite as tangible as energy bundles. You have things like gravity in that "empty" space, the weak force, the strong force, etc., and probably several as yet undiscovered sorts of forces. Those forces are what keep your physical body from walking through physical walls, not the atoms of the walls themselves.

What, do you suppose, would prevent "spirit" from occupying that "empty" space, right along with all those other intangible forces? Certainly, you cannot usually see "spirit", but then you can't really see gravity, either. So what is there to keep it from existing? Gravity wasn't known until Newton "discovered" it, yet it's been there all that time before, when no one knew it. The weak and strong forces are even more recent discoveries, yet they were there the entire time, too, discovered or not.

Then consider this: Your brain may be just an organ to allow spirit to experience reality in the physical realm. A sort of receiver that simply allows your spirit access to the physical reality as we experience it, your body just a vehicle, like a car or something, that spirit occupies and drives to get around and interact. Just as a radio does not contain the signal itself, your brain may not be the seat of your being at all, just a conduit to allow the signal  of "spirit" to be received and processed into something you can comprehend in your physical reality.

All of that taken together would mean that "death" is not the end of YOU, it's just the wreckage of a vehicle you once drove. "You", would, in that scenario, continue on, continuing to exist in all that vast space that is really "nothing"... until you can again interact with it in the spirit, rather than the physical. That interaction would likely be far, far different than what we are normally used to in this realm.

"Spirit" and "consciousness" may very well just be interchangeable terms for the same thing. They may not be generated in the brain at all, just passing through it... and that might be why science is having such a hard time defining "consciousness".

What if things like DMT, whether naturally produced or manufactured, allows a fleeting glimpse into that realm which we normally cannot experience in our limited physical bodies? Could that be WHY DMT is produced in small quantities in the pineal gland? To provide that connection?

Would not the taking of a higher dose of DMT than the brain naturally gets from the pineal gland not open that gateway much wider and allow a deeper experience of "spirit" or "consciousness" in the wider cosmos of mostly "empty" space?

===============================================

Regarding  NDE's, people often report meeting a "being" during NDEs. They usually interpret that being as "Jesus", "God", "Mohammed", "Buddha", etc. That intrigues me. What if all those people are actually meeting the exact same "being", but are interpreting that meeting within the framework of their own, most familiar, religion? As far as I know, that being has never identified itself within the NDE experience, and all that we know of it is what people have "interpreted" after the fact as they try to make sense of what just happened to them.

Just food for thought. I think about things a lot.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Schmoe - 06-26-2023

(06-26-2023, 05:55 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-25-2023, 10:08 PM)Schmoe Wrote: Well said.  I did a lot of research before diving in, and I still wasn't prepared.  It's kind of like preparing for a kick in the nuts.  It REALLY does feel like being taken from this reality, and launched into another.  Is this the real reality, or is that realm the real one?  

Consider this - nothing "really" exists. Everything you see, smell, or can touch is made of molecules. Molecules are made of atoms, and atoms are made of subatomic particles flying in vast orbits around a nucleus, like miniature solar systems - a lot of space, tiny particles. Those "particles", in turn, are not really solid particles - they are bundles of discrete energy, not solid things in the way you would think of bowling balls being solid. They're just tiny bundles of energy flying around other tiny bundles of energy in vast orbits.

So, everything you see or can touch is mostly nothingness.

Now, in all that empty space are "forces", not even quite as tangible as energy bundles. You have things like gravity in that "empty" space, the weak force, the strong force, etc., and probably several as yet undiscovered sorts of forces. Those forces are what keep your physical body from walking through physical walls, not the atoms of the walls themselves.

What, do you suppose, would prevent "spirit" from occupying that "empty" space, right along with all those other intangible forces? Certainly, you cannot usually see "spirit", but then you can't really see gravity, either. So what is there to keep it from existing? Gravity wasn't known until Newton "discovered" it, yet it's been there all that time before, when no one knew it. The weak and strong forces are even more recent discoveries, yet they were there the entire time, too, discovered or not.

Then consider this: Your brain may be just an organ to allow spirit to experience reality in the physical realm. A sort of receiver that simply allows your spirit access to the physical reality as we experience it, your body just a vehicle, like a car or something, that spirit occupies and drives to get around and interact. Just as a radio does not contain the signal itself, your brain may not be the seat of your being at all, just a conduit to allow the signal  of "spirit" to be received and processed into something you can comprehend in your physical reality.

All of that taken together would mean that "death" is not the end of YOU, it's just the wreckage of a vehicle you once drove. "You", would, in that scenario, continue on, continuing to exist in all that vast space that is really "nothing"... until you can again interact with it in the spirit, rather than the physical. That interaction would likely be far, far different than what we are normally used to in this realm.

"Spirit" and "consciousness" may very well just be interchangeable terms for the same thing. They may not be generated in the brain at all, just passing through it... and that might be why science is having such a hard time defining "consciousness".

What if things like DMT, whether naturally produced or manufactured, allows a fleeting glimpse into that realm which we normally cannot experience in our limited physical bodies? Could that be WHY DMT is produced in small quantities in the pineal gland? To provide that connection?

Would not the taking of a higher dose of DMT than the brain naturally gets from the pineal gland not open that gateway much wider and allow a deeper experience of "spirit" or "consciousness" in the wider cosmos of mostly "empty" space?

===============================================

Regarding  NDE's, people often report meeting a "being" during NDEs. They usually interpret that being as "Jesus", "God", "Mohammed", "Buddha", etc. That intrigues me. What if all those people are actually meeting the exact same "being", but are interpreting that meeting within the framework of their own, most familiar, religion? As far as I know, that being has never identified itself within the NDE experience, and all that we know of it is what people have "interpreted" after the fact as they try to make sense of what just happened to them.

Just food for thought. I think about things a lot.

I think I see what you're saying.  If it weren't for some unseen repellant force, we could walk through walls, as the atoms colliding with each other would pass through each other?  Makes sense to me.

I agree with everything you said.  All these entities people meet in that DMT realm are the same, mostly.  People have also reported absolute nightmare hell trips on DMT, along with an entity that felt evil, made them feel hopeless, etc.  There's a strong correlation there to religion, good and evil.  I'll be diving in deeper with DMT in the near future.

I feel pretty strongly there's something to it that gives us a small glimpse into the true reality.  Or maybe this is a true reality, and we just come from a different dimension which is also a true reality.  I feel like a complete stereotypical stoner saying that about traveling dimensions, but it truly feels like that.  Difficult to describe without experiencing it yourself.  I'd been looking into simulation theory before I took DMT, and having gone to a different dimension, I believe it more and more.  I don't knock anybody whatsoever for their beliefs, but simulation theory, to me, makes just as much sense as a giant bearded man who got bored and made everything over the course of seven days.  It could be all the same too.  A simulation is a creation.  Like you said, they all seem connected.  Only they've been bastardized over the course of history by people with ulterior motives.  In my opinion.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Ninurta - 06-26-2023

(06-26-2023, 03:36 PM)Schmoe Wrote: I think I see what you're saying.  If it weren't for some unseen repellant force, we could walk through walls, as the atoms colliding with each other would pass through each other?  Makes sense to me.

Exactly. There is so much space in an atom as opposed to particles that if it were not for the forces present in the "empty" space, the particles would just harmlessly pass one another, and you could walk through walls, rocks, etc.

Quote:I agree with everything you said.  All these entities people meet in that DMT realm are the same, mostly.  People have also reported absolute nightmare hell trips on DMT, along with an entity that felt evil, made them feel hopeless, etc.  There's a strong correlation there to religion, good and evil.  I'll be diving in deeper with DMT in the near future.

"Entity" is a good way to describe them. It doesn't present any value judgements as to their nature. That "other" realm can be a scary place. Just like here, there are all kinds there. Oddly, the alkaloids in datura (Jimson-weed) tend to propel one towards those scarier beings, and tend to produce "bad trips" Thankfully, perhaps, they also tend to wipe the memory of the event, and all folks know is what other, sober, folks around them tell them they experienced. Otherwise, those trips would likely produce permanent psychoses.

Quote:I feel pretty strongly there's something to it that gives us a small glimpse into the true reality.  Or maybe this is a true reality, and we just come from a different dimension which is also a true reality.  I feel like a complete stereotypical stoner saying that about traveling dimensions, but it truly feels like that.  Difficult to describe without experiencing it yourself.  I'd been looking into simulation theory before I took DMT, and having gone to a different dimension, I believe it more and more.  I don't knock anybody whatsoever for their beliefs, but simulation theory, to me, makes just as much sense as a giant bearded man who got bored and made everything over the course of seven days.  It could be all the same too.  A simulation is a creation.  Like you said, they all seem connected.  Only they've been bastardized over the course of history by people with ulterior motives.  In my opinion.

I don't know that one or the other, or another, of these realities is the "one true" reality. I think they are all "true", but it's a matter of some being limited subsets of another. They are still "true", but just limited. Some substances seem to propel folks into the larger, unlimited, reality. One that a mind limited to experience of this reality is usually utterly unprepared for - the limitlessness of it.

The notion of a "giant bearded man" or a "bearded sky fairy" bothers me. I know why folks do it - they are just playing off of concepts and limitations that Christians and Jews have placed upon "God", and using that to express their disdain for anything they can't  see or bite - but in doing so they miss it altogether. God is a spirit-being so, no body. No body, no beard. No body, no sex. And limiting God to the realm of "the sky" is a pretty severe limitation indeed!. As I mentioned before, atoms and molecules are everywhere, not just in atmospheres, so if God is spirit, and spirit occupies the "empty" spaces between subatomic particles where forces lie, then it's a logical and reasonable assumption that God is everywhere - not limited to "sky".

In your own experience, you described "... towering above it was a being.  I couldn't quite make out the being, but I felt it there and could sort of see it." Was that Being a man, or a woman? Of course it was neither, or else you would have referred to it as "He" or "She", rather than "It". The fact that It presented itself in one place does not mean it was necessarily limited to that space you could comprehend - it just means It was adjusting Itself to accommodate your limited understanding, since you were already pretty overwhelmed by the limitlessness you were experiencing.

That may also have some bearing on why "primitive" societies conceive of a spirit in everything - and why more "enlightened" folks make fun of them for worshiping rocks and trees. iI's not that they are worshiping a rock or a tree, it's that they are giving recognition to the Spirit That Moves Through All. I mean, "primitives" have been psychonaut-ing the cosmos via herbs and barks for millennia - they may know something we don't , because of those experiences.

Another thing to consider, on top of all the above - "spooky action at a distance"  - the notion that two particles can somehow be "linked" across even light years, such that instantaneous communication between the two is possible, without having to resort to those slow, light-speed limited, radio waves. That notion can factor into this world-view as well.

Random stuff - Israeli scientists have found cannabis residue in the dark stained remnants of incense burning on an altar of Yahweh in southern Israel at Tel Arad. So, early on, "God's House" was often filled with reefer smoke. Put that in yer pipe and smoke it!

Link to God's Own Cannabis

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - quintessentone - 06-27-2023

Another factor as to why the magic mushrooms have been sitting on my dresser since Christmastime is because I've been exposed to a lot of life's horror since my acid taking teenage years, where back then my psyche was pretty much unpolluted.

Maybe it's an unfounded fear but who knows what horrors I might dredge up from my memories and have it come to life in real 'right in your face' time and I won't be able to say 'okay that's enough, stop now" as I am able to do with out of body experiences.

I am not interested in delving in to life's horrors at my mature age rather I'm into chill and find the good in people and life. I suppose the trip could go that way, finding the awesome, such as exploring the oneness. But, I been there done that with OBE but I wasn't ready to explore it and I wanted to be back home, on Mother Earth.

It's the same with weed. I must have smoked weed every day at high school as a teenager and a little afterwards as a young working adult. These days I don't take it at all because it just does not do much for me in the way of benefits. As a teenager I suppose it was a social group thing where we all shared the experience and laughs. If I want to chill, I'll listen to chill or trance music and Zen out or lightly meditate for relaxation.

As for alcohol, well I love me a glass of red wine but lately I make watered down spritzers with electrolytes and juices for added health benefits. Even with alcohol, too much and the benefits are lost.

As for exploring the oneness, that will come in due time and I will have all the quantum time(?) or instantaneousness to know it.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-27-2023

(06-27-2023, 02:03 PM)quintessentone Wrote: As for alcohol, well I love me a glass of red wine but lately I make watered down spritzers with electrolytes and juices for added health benefits. Even with alcohol, too much and the benefits are lost.

As for exploring the oneness, that will come in due time and I will have all the quantum time(?) or instantaneousness to know it.

I am outside the loop with this one. Maybe it would be different if those things were popular when I was young. Weed became popular about 7 to 8 years after I was out of school.

But I do enjoy a glass of wine on occasion.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Chiefsmom - 06-27-2023

I wouldn't mind trying it, if hubby was with me, sober.  Never did anything except pot in high school, but tried mushrooms a bit later in life.  All I "saw" was the light streaks, on everything.  That was weird, but a bit disappointing.   I've been told you should be in the right frame of mind/good mood.

There is a comedian that has a special on netflix, where he tried every psychedelic.  The last one was DMT, I believe he did it with a shaman in south america.  He ended up checking himself into a hospital when he got back, because he could not stop telling everyone he met, about "god".

It's a good show, worth a watch.  Sorry I can't remember the name of him or it.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - F2d5thCav - 06-27-2023

Chiefsmom wrote,

Quote:He ended up checking himself into a hospital when he got back, because he could not stop telling everyone he met, about "god".

Sounds like the Church of Christ guys I used to run into as a student  Laughing

Cheers

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Ninurta - 06-27-2023

(06-27-2023, 02:03 PM)quintessentone Wrote: As for exploring the oneness, that will come in due time and I will have all the quantum time(?) or instantaneousness to know it.

I like the way you put that. You seem to have a better grasp on the actual nature of time than most. Maybe it was the acid that did it. I never dropped acid but once, and that was unintentional - I didn't know that's what I had. It was sold to me as speed, but turned out to be some kind of home-made bathtub acid. It was really weak - all it did was speed me up a bit, and add the "tracers" to that experience. Nothing spectacular or other-worldly.

But back to "time". Time is not "an additional dimension" as Einstein conceived it to be, nor is it linear as we experience it here. It's hard to explain, but "time" doesn't really exist as we experience it, not any more than a map on paper is the actual road you are driving on. It's a representation that always IS. Every "time", past, present, and future, IS, right here, right now. All "times" coexist all at once. We only experience it sequentially due to our physical nature. That's the only way we CAN experience it within a physical body.

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - quintessentone - 06-28-2023

(06-27-2023, 06:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-27-2023, 02:03 PM)quintessentone Wrote: As for exploring the oneness, that will come in due time and I will have all the quantum time(?) or instantaneousness to know it.

I like the way you put that. You seem to have a better grasp on the actual nature of time than most. Maybe it was the acid that did it. I never dropped acid but once, and that was unintentional - I didn't know that's what I had. It was sold to me as speed, but turned out to be some kind of home-made bathtub acid. It was really weak - all it did was speed me up a bit, and add the "tracers" to that experience. Nothing spectacular or other-worldly.

But back to "time". Time is not "an additional dimension" as Einstein conceived it to be, nor is it linear as we experience it here. It's hard to explain, but "time" doesn't really exist as we experience it, not any more than a map on paper is the actual road you are driving on. It's a representation that always IS. Every "time", past, present, and future, IS, right here, right now. All "times" coexist all at once. We only experience it sequentially due to our physical nature. That's the only way we CAN experience it within a physical body.

Maybe having a physical body has purpose, in that, we are here to experience or learn or do something important for ourselves, for each other, and for the oneness. At this point, I am more into learning about myself, others and human nature instead of flying around the cosmos, maybe that's why the magic mushrooms on my dresser hold no interest for me right now.  

In my family some members experience having visions of the future, whereas I have other extrasensory gifts, but it just cements my belief that time is not what we have been led to believe it is or how it should be.

I think the clinical trials with DMT are showing great promise as a treatment for some mental illnesses and I hope it will benefit humanity, but it does not help with some of the other major mental illnesses but LSD looks more promising. 

Yeah, I also tried speed once and your bathtub acid sounds more like a weak speed trip. With speed coming down is a hard sad ride back. Did you come down hard?

RE: Dimethyltryptamine (DMT) - Ninurta - 06-28-2023

(06-28-2023, 01:19 PM)quintessentone Wrote: Maybe having a physical body has purpose, in that, we are here to experience or learn or do something important for ourselves, for each other, and for the oneness. At this point, I am more into learning about myself, others and human nature instead of flying around the cosmos, maybe that's why the magic mushrooms on my dresser hold no interest for me right now.  

In my family some members experience having visions of the future, whereas I have other extrasensory gifts, but it just cements my belief that time is not what we have been led to believe it is or how it should be.

I think the clinical trials with DMT are showing great promise as a treatment for some mental illnesses and I hope it will benefit humanity, but it does not help with some of the other major mental illnesses but LSD looks more promising. 

Yeah, I also tried speed once and your bathtub acid sounds more like a weak speed trip. With speed coming down is a hard sad ride back. Did you come down hard?

I don't recall whether coming down was rough or not, but I seem to remember sleeping for about 18 hours straight afterwards.

"Extrasensory gifts" are probably "super-sensory" rather than "extrasensory". They are likely an ability to tap into whatever lies beyond the veil more readily than other folks, and when one can do that, whether consciously or unconsciously, it would open avenues to information gathered elsewhere, and stored in the nothingness for retrieval by anyone able to do it. They likely would not know, or understand, where that information came from or how they got it, so to them, it would just be magically "there", and so appear "supernatural".

I think it was Asimov who said "any sufficiently advanced technology would appear as magic".