Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found (/showthread.php?tid=840)

Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-22-2023

My heart goes out to these families.

Quote:A debris field was discovered on the sea floor near the Titanic wreckage during the search for the missing OceanGate Titan submersible, according to an announcement from the US Coast Guard on Thursday. Officials said a remotely operated vehicle piloted by a crew aboard the Horizon Arctic support vessel found the debris within a search area near the Titanic. The Coast Guard said “experts within the unified command” are evaluating the latest information. During an interview with WFLA Now’s J.B. Biunno, Retired US Navy Submariner Mark Martin, citing sources with knowledge of the recovery effort, said pieces of the submersible’s tail and its landing platform have been discovered.

RE: Titanic Submarine Beieved To Be Found - BIAD - 06-22-2023

RIP.

All five people on Titan sub dead after 'catastrophic implosion'
BBC:

RE: Titanic Submarine Beieved To Be Found - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 07:53 PM)BIAD Wrote: RIP.

All five people on Titan sub dead after 'catastrophic implosion'
BBC:

As horrible as it is, at least they went quickly and did not suffer for days at the bottom of the ocean.

RE: Titanic Submarine Beieved To Be Found - BIAD - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 08:03 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: As horrible as it is, at least they went quickly and did not suffer for days at the bottom of the ocean.

Exactly what my wife said.
thumbsup2

RE: Titanic Submarine Beieved To Be Found - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-22-2023

(06-22-2023, 08:06 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 08:03 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: As horrible as it is, at least they went quickly and did not suffer for days at the bottom of the ocean.

thumbsup2

It must be a woman's brain kinda thing.
Love it

RE: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - xuenchen - 06-23-2023

Some report says the Navy knew the thing had exploded a couple of days ago!!

Bet they held back so The MSM could capitalize (especially FoxNews who has totally exploited the story all week!) 
Smile
They must be planning a new 2 hour made for TV movie.

RE: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-23-2023

Seems they already knew days ago. 

Quote:A Navy official says "an acoustic anomaly consistent with an implosion" was detected shortly after the Titan lost contact with the surface. This official said the information was relayed to the Coast Guard team which used it to narrow the radius of the search area.

Link: Catastrophic implosion': Navy detected acoustic anomaly shortly after Titan lost contact

(06-23-2023, 01:37 AM)xuenchen Wrote: Some report says the Navy knew the thing had exploded a couple of days ago!!

Bet they held back so The MSM could capitalize (especially FoxNews who has totally exploited the story all week!) 
Smile
They must be planning a new 2 hour made for TV movie.

I read somewhere earlier that the BBC has already made a documentary!

RE: Titanic Submarine Beieved To Be Found - Schmoe - 06-23-2023

(06-22-2023, 08:15 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-22-2023, 08:06 PM)BIAD Wrote:

thumbsup2

It must be a woman's brain kinda thing.
Love it

Damn, guess I'm a woman now  Laughing

RE: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - Ninurta - 06-23-2023

The "pings" they heard for a couple of days may have given them an unreasonable hope that they were still working on a rescue... but the reports of the "pings" just reminded me of an old "Twilight Zone" episode where a guy was hearing similar pings just after WWII, and it turned out to be the ghosts of his dead buddies who all went down in a submarine during the war, where he was the only survivor. They were "pinging" at him to come join them...

I was pretty sure they were goners since there was a sudden cessation of check-ins and no sonar contacts thereafter... and then when the sub failed to bob back up to the surface like it was engineered to do in case of non-catastrophic failures, and said so in the shout box, but when that pinging was being reported, it kinda creeped me out.

The 15 year old kid was reported to have been terrified before they went down, and his family said the only reason he went was to please his dad, who also died in the implosion. It's likely that it happened so fast he never had time for the thought of "I shoulda stood my ground on this one...".

I wonder how long it'll be before they start posting pictures of the debris field. I'm guessing they'll try to retrieve the parts for an investigation, and maybe the bodies if they can find them.

I think it might be good practice from here on out to send ROV's down with every dive, so that more immediate information is available for faster reaction times in searches. Limiting dives to "tethered" submersibles might be a good idea, too, as opposed to the untethered ones as the Titan was.

RE: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - Schmoe - 06-23-2023

@"Ninurta"#2 

I know nothing of how GPS and tracking systems work, but there has to be something that can be used.  At least in non-catastrophic occurrences.  I do like the idea of a tethered submersible though.

RE: Titanic Submarine Believed To Be Found - xuenchen - 06-25-2023

Some interesting points from "Whats-Her-Face"...