Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Question About Bullying - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Question About Bullying (/showthread.php?tid=794)

Question About Bullying - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-14-2023

I saw a kid talking about being bullied and for some reason, I had a flashback. I remember being bullied as a kid. In fact I was severely bullied when I was elementary school age, and only once in High School.

I  got bullied until I fought back. I remember that day that I came home crying, like I did everyday, but this day my Mother was standing there in the doorway. She said to me in the little quiet voice she used when she was "really" pissed, "You have a choice, you either go back and hit that boy back, or you can come in here, and I will hit you". She said, "Who do you think is going to hit you harder"?

I decided that I had a better chance fighting the bully, than I did with getting a spanking, so I went back, and and sent the bully flying home crying. No one messed with me after that, until I got to High School. I had a bully in High School that tried to get me to open the door for her. Of course this took place coming in from the play ground, and every child out there was standing at the door, so I knew it was a set up.

The bully was notorious and had a serious reputation for beating the hell out of you, so she and everyone else was shocked, when I told her if she wanted that door opened, that she had better open it herself, because I was not opening it for her.

She told me she would kick my ass if I did not open the door, and I told her that she may very well do that, but she would still end up opening that door herself, and that she would have to kick my ass every single day, because I would be coming for her, every single day. I told her I would come for her every damn time I saw her, until she would be so sick of kicking my ass that she would run when she saw me..

She told me I was crazy, but she liked crazy. She told me she liked me. She then told all the kids standing out there waiting for the fight, that if anyone messed with me, that she would kick their ass. So I got the reputation of being the crazy girl that no one better not mess with.

I know that things were a bit different when I was a child which was a long time back. Way back, like "I Like Ike", back. But I don't think we were that different as kids. There were mean kids and there were bullies.

What was different back then?

RE: Question About Bullying - kdog - 06-14-2023

Growing up, I was always the youngest and smallest kid in my class in school because my mom got me in school at a younger age then the rest. I graduated highschool at 17 years old. 

So, I was picked on alot , which for the most part I blew off. But when it became physical, my inner viking/ scottish blood got unleashed and this scrappy little kid went crazy with rage and broke a few noses of those who chose to go that route causing them to go crying to mommy even though some of those kids were twice my size. 

No one would mess with me after those incidents. Occasionally we  would  both get a paddling at  school , or our parents would have a discussion about it, but after they saw my size they would let it go. 

What's different now is lack of discipline and consequences at home and school. If you fight back, you are the one punished , not the bully.

RE: Question About Bullying - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-14-2023

(06-14-2023, 10:18 PM)kdog Wrote: Growing up, I was always the youngest and smallest kid in my class in school because my mom got me in school at a younger age then the rest. I graduated highschool at 17 years old. 

So, I was picked on alot , which for the most part I blew off. But when it became physical, my inner viking/ scottish blood got unleashed and this scrappy little kid went crazy with rage and broke a few noses of those who chose to go that route causing them to go crying to mommy even though some of those kids were twice my size. 

No one would mess with me after those incidents. Occasionally we  would  both get a paddling at  school , or our parents would have a discussion about it, but after they saw my size they would let it go. 

What's different now is lack of discipline and consequences at home and school. If you fight back, you are the one punished , not the bully.

I never understood when I was a child, why some adults called me rebellious. I was a good kid. I was respectful. I would accept any punishment that I thought was valid, and fight like a badger if I did not believe it was right.

Parents seemed to be more communal back then.

RE: Question About Bullying - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-14-2023

(06-14-2023, 09:24 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: What was different back then?

No Internet, No cell phones, different culture vs degrading, demoralizing, & weaponized culture of today.?
I was never bullied as a kid so I have zero personal experience in that area.

RE: Question About Bullying - NightskyeB4Dawn - 06-14-2023

(06-14-2023, 11:06 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:

No Internet, No cell phones, different culture vs degrading, demoralizing, & weaponized culture of today.?

I guess you were blessed not have been bullied as a child.

I think I was blessed to have been bullied, because it taught me how to take care of myself. God knew I was going to need that skill later in life.

RE: Question About Bullying - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-14-2023

(06-14-2023, 11:18 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(06-14-2023, 11:06 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:

I guess you were blessed not have been bullied as a child.

I think I was blessed to have been bullied, because it taught me how to take care of myself. God knew I was going to need that skill later in life.

On one hand I was due to my Family's connections & influence. On the other hand like you eluded to I missed some survival skills...ended up learning much later in life.