Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
New Underground Conspiracy - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Conspiracy Talk (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: New Underground Conspiracy (/showthread.php?tid=780)

New Underground Conspiracy - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-11-2023

No, not new. Just another one dug out of the catacombs.

Thoughts and prayers to our brave boys forced to do another tour after serving in the Dulce Base Wars.

[Image: n1vIfLw.jpg]
https://twitter.com/CarolineCoramUK/status/1667159546756775936

[Image: E1wawcP.jpg]
https://twitter.com/CarolineCoramUK/status/1667084748102029314

Since at least from 2009:

[Image: BUBFLh3.jpg]

This one has floated around since I don't know how long...

[Image: WOcs72q.jpg]

[Image: dLUydLY.jpg]
The Shaver Mystery: The Most Sensational True Story Ever Told

Quote:Life magazine described the Shaver Mystery as "the most celebrated rumpus that rocked the science fiction world." Its creators said it was a "new wave in science fiction." Critics called it "dangerous nonsense" and labeled its fans the lunatic fringe. Whatever else the Shaver Mystery was, it became a worldwide sensation between 1945 and 1948, one of the greatest controversies to hit the science fiction genre. Today these stories of the remnants of a sinister ancient civilization living in caverns under the Earth are an all but forgotten sidebar to the historical record.The Shaver Mystery began as a series of science fiction yarns in Amazing Stories nearly 70 years ago. The men behind it, Ray Palmer and Richard Shaver, were derided and seldom understood by a fandom that did its best to sweep them under the carpet of history. Though Ray Palmer was one of the earliest and biggest names in SF fandom, credited with many firsts in his field, his fannish brethren have roundly ignored him, thanks to the Shaver Mystery. What is the truth behind these men and their "mystery"? This is the question writers and editors that promoted the Shaver Mystery try to answer as they reveal the behind-the-scenes story of the phenomenon known as "Shaverism."

War over Lemuria: Richard Shaver, Ray Palmer and the Strangest Chapter of 1940s Science Fiction

The Hollow World Theory - A New Conception of the World (1938)
Factual material! Was Copernicus wrong? Is the world a hollow sphere? Exact measurements prove it! Second edition, significantly enlarged and improved!

[Image: bqKBWTU.jpg]

[Image: 8LtAwYw.jpg]
Hollow-Earth Theories: A List of References

[Image: WhOdQHl.jpg]
Poor Phil.

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - BIAD - 06-11-2023

Seeing your map of the North-East of England, I recalled a workmate lived who in Binchester
and ran his house off free electricity due to his mains being connected to an underground
pump left by mining company beneath his home. It ran 24-7 because of constant flooding
of a tunnel no longer in use.

And that's the reality in most cases of a global set of tunnels, but on the plus-side, there's
plenty of versions to choose from! Alas, everyone talks about Verne's work, but nobody ever
mention's Doc Brown's other son, Jules.
Shocked

[Image: attachment.php?aid=869]

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - BodhisattvaStyle - 06-11-2023

I live up in the mountains, and there are a maze of tunnels and access to caves all through here. It would be easy to go unnoticed if someone were to use them for tactical warfare. One could easily go thru these tunnels, pop up from one of the obscure cave entrances, launch an attack, and then stealthily vanish again like a bunch of ninjas. Most people aren't brave enough to go into the mountain like that, so if you ask me, this would be an excellent way to plan an attack (like blow something up), and then quickly disappear.

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - Ninurta - 06-12-2023

(06-11-2023, 07:34 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: I live up in the mountains, and there are a maze of tunnels and access to caves all through here. It would be easy to go unnoticed if someone were to use them for tactical warfare. One could easily go thru these tunnels, pop up from one of the obscure cave entrances, launch an attack, and then stealthily vanish again like a bunch of ninjas. Most people aren't brave enough to go into the mountain like that, so if you ask me, this would be an excellent way to plan an attack (like blow something up), and then quickly disappear.

Me too. I live in the Appalachian Mountains, in an area of what is known as "karst terrain". It's limestone bedrock that has been shot through with caves by the action of water over time, like swiss cheese, but many interconnecting. Additionally, where I live now specifically is underlaid by a veritable warren of interconnected and abandoned coal mines.

In some places, the karst caves have caved in and produced new entrances over time, called "sinkholes". The valley I grew up in was littered with sink holes from the cave system underlying it. There was one on the farm, about half way up the mountain, that I could sit and drop stones into, and listen to them clattering for roughly 30 seconds before they either hit bottom or got too far down to be heard. Something lived in it. There was a trail worn from the edge of it into the surrounding woods.

There was another, on the opposite hillside, where I used to disposed of dead farm animals that died under questionable circumstances. Drop 'em in, they'd fall about 20 feet, and nature would make short work of them.

There is a cave near where I was raised that has been used in war since before the time of the American Revolution, when a couple of "Long Hunters" used it to evade pursuing Indians and came out of another cave miles away.

Yep, if you've got the nerve to use them, they can make for some real surprises!

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - BodhisattvaStyle - 06-12-2023

(06-12-2023, 04:37 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-11-2023, 07:34 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: I live up in the mountains, and there are a maze of tunnels and access to caves all through here. It would be easy to go unnoticed if someone were to use them for tactical warfare. One could easily go thru these tunnels, pop up from one of the obscure cave entrances, launch an attack, and then stealthily vanish again like a bunch of ninjas. Most people aren't brave enough to go into the mountain like that, so if you ask me, this would be an excellent way to plan an attack (like blow something up), and then quickly disappear.

Me too. I live in the Appalachian Mountains, in an area of what is known as "karst terrain". It's limestone bedrock that has been shot through with caves by the action of water over time, like swiss cheese, but many interconnecting. Additionally, where I live now specifically is underlaid by a veritable warren of interconnected and abandoned coal mines.

In some places, the karst caves have caved in and produced new entrances over time, called "sinkholes". The valley I grew up in was littered with sink holes from the cave system underlying it. There was one on the farm, about half way up the mountain, that I could sit and drop stones into, and listen to them clattering for roughly 30 seconds before they either hit bottom or got too far down to be heard. Something lived in it. There was a trail worn from the edge of it into the surrounding woods.

There was another, on the opposite hillside, where I used to disposed of dead farm animals that died under questionable circumstances. Drop 'em in, they'd fall about 20 feet, and nature would make short work of them.

There is a cave near where I was raised that has been used in war since before the time of the American Revolution, when a couple of "Long Hunters" used it to evade pursuing Indians and came out of another cave miles away.

Yep, if you've got the nerve to use them, they can make for some real surprises!

Oh yeah, I've alreay decided I'm going to map out some caves near my place. That way, If they start dropping bombs, I'll have somewhere to hideout.  Cool

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - GeauxHomeLittleD - 06-12-2023

Okay so I can't really say that I buy into the whole "underground war" thing but some things have led me to at least entertain the idea. A few years ago there were a few very loud, earth shaking booms from deep underground here- deeper than the manmade cave system. Fort Knox (45 minutes away) did not have anything going on at the time and swore it wasn't them (center of boom was not very close to them anyway) and scientists swore there was no earthquake activity (New Madrid expanding north?). Mammoth Cave system is about 1 1/2 hours south but it is the "tourist" end of the system and the boom seemed to be centered just south of Louisville. No explanation was ever determined, no explosions known of. Very curious!

RE: New Underground Conspiracy - Ninurta - 06-12-2023

I've told this story before, but I'll tell it again here because this seems like the place for it, and the curiosity of it never gets old to me.

One night, many years agoi when I was a young man, I'd been to visit a young lady who lived a couple miles from me. In those days, I walked just about everywhere I went. It was a warm summer night, so a perfect time for a walk anyhow. So about 10 PM, I was on my way back home, going down the rather long driveway from the young lady's house. It was on a hillside above the head of a holler, and sort of wrapped around the mountain.

At one distinct point, I suddenly heard a "clanking" noise coming from the ground right beneath my feet. It sounded like machinery clanking along, or kobolds beating out sword blades with a hammer on an anvil, just a rhythmic, mechanical, clanking noise.

One step forward from that spot, and the clanking noise vanished. One step back from it, and the noise disappeared, too. it was only when I stood on that one specific spot that I could hear it, and I heard it every time I stepped on that spot.

The only possible hollowness under that spot would have been a warren of caves. No mines there, and therefore no mining machinery to generate the sound. All of the mines were to the north of the Clinch River, in the Cumberland Plateau, a good distance away and separated from that spot by a river and fault lines. Likewise the railroad - it was to the north of the river, servicing the mines... and had it been rail traffic, I would have heard it in the air rather than coming from underfoot.

I stayed there and played for around a half hour, stepping forward and backwards trying to isolate the noise and figure out what it was. I never did get it figured out. This was in a very rural area of Russell County, VA, itself a very rural county, at the upper end of an area called "Glade Hollow", a long valley that was 8 or 10 miles long altogether.

I never did figure out what caused the noise, to this day. Just another curiosity.