Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
A bit of color for your day - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: A bit of color for your day (/showthread.php?tid=757)

A bit of color for your day - BodhisattvaStyle - 06-08-2023

This is an art piece I did recently I call, "The Smokies." I didn't see an art forum but I see this is as okay for daily chit chat. 
This was a scene I saw as I was driving up these mountains to my new home. The scene was a sunset on the mountains and this is my best interpretation of what I saw; with a little Bodhi-S twist to it.

Enjoy the colors. I hope they brighten up your day just a bit. There is so much "darkness" in this world that I try and brighten it up a bit when I can.

One Love, Rogue-Nation  Cool

RE: A bit of color for your day - BIAD - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 08:14 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: This is an art piece I did recently I call, "The Smokies." I didn't see an art forum but I see this is as okay for daily chit chat. 
This was a scene I saw as I was driving up these mountains to my new home. The scene was a sunset on the mountains and this is my best interpretation of what I saw; with a little Bodhi-S twist to it.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=847]

Enjoy the colors. I hope they brighten up your day just a bit. There is so much "darkness" in this world that I try and brighten it up a bit when I can.

It's a dandy, thank you.
thumbsup2

RE: A bit of color for your day - Bally002 - 06-08-2023

(06-08-2023, 08:14 PM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: This is an art piece I did recently I call, "The Smokies." I didn't see an art forum but I see this is as okay for daily chit chat. 

Great painting.  Would brighten up any room.

Talent mate.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A bit of color for your day - EndtheMadnessNow - 06-09-2023

Very nice! Maybe add a bear on the ledge looking out.

RE: A bit of color for your day - BodhisattvaStyle - 06-09-2023

Thank you all, very much. I'm still learning the digital style of art, but enjoying the learning process.

"Sun Kissed" is this next piece, and is one of my favorites.

RE: A bit of color for your day - Bally002 - 06-09-2023

(06-09-2023, 12:52 AM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: Thank you all, very much. I'm still learning the digital style of art, but enjoying the learning process.

Intrigued.  I paint with a brush on canvass in water or oil based paints. (Takes me weeks)  Never dabbled in the digital style of arts.  But the prints you've posted are quite good.  Love to be able to paint in that style.  Perhaps I've misunderstood.

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: A bit of color for your day - quintessentone - 06-10-2023

I too am an artist, well not recently, I just haven't been inspired for some time now. I like your piece and the smokiness is certainly evident. The orange/green contrasting colours, on the color wheel, are complementary colors so those choice of colors are naturally vibrant and uplifting. Good choice.

The title is appropriate because your brush strokes give me the feeling of flame and where there's fire there's smoke. Also the smokey sky is eye catching because it stands apart.

As for the digital arts, I have dabbled in that too but the learning curve makes it labour intensive and I lose that losing myself part in it, whereas with painting with oil on canvas I lose myself for hours and days with the feel and exploration of the process. 

Keep 'em coming and thanks for the positive dose of artistry.

RE: A bit of color for your day - Snarl - 06-10-2023

(06-09-2023, 02:13 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 12:52 AM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: I'm still learning the digital style of art, but enjoying the learning process.

I paint with a brush on canvass in water or oil based paints. (Takes me weeks)

The folks on this site never cease to amaze.

RE: A bit of color for your day - FlickerOfLight - 09-07-2024

(06-09-2023, 02:13 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(06-09-2023, 12:52 AM)BodhisattvaStyle Wrote: Thank you all, very much. I'm still learning the digital style of art, but enjoying the learning process.

Intrigued.  I paint with a brush on canvass in water or oil based paints. (Takes me weeks)  Never dabbled in the digital style of arts.  But the prints you've posted are quite good.  Love to be able to paint in that style.  Perhaps I've misunderstood.

Kind regards,

Bally)

I've always painted with brush and canvas, as well. It's a whole new world for me. I was surprised at how much I did enjoy the digital aspects.

For example 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=2263]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2262]

I can take that same art piece, and run it through some editing. This is the same piece, but in "negative." Black is white, blue is orange, and so on. With just a little adjustment I can get an entirely new look.

This looks like a sunrise catching a wave on another planet.

You should try your hand at some digital art, just to see what you can create.

Cheers