Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Conspiracy Talk (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia (/showthread.php?tid=696)

The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - 727Sky - 05-30-2023

I thought I would post this in this forum as there are many conspiracies about the subject.

Quote:60 MINUTES reporters are often tasked with unusual assignments. This week, in a first for the program, Tom Steinfort interviews a robot. Ameca, as it likes to be called, is the most advanced lifelike robot in the world. A marvel of generative artificial intelligence, it’s curious, chatty and full of attitude. As Steinfort discovers, this super machine really does have a mind of its own. But while having a normal conversation with it is undoubtedly exciting, it is also just as frightening. And that’s because creating technology that allows AI bots like Ameca to be smarter than us might just be the most stupid thing humans have ever done.

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-30-2023

Good report, scary, creepy & freaky. We all know stranger things come out of Cornwall UK. Like with religion & cults as soon as politics is injected, all hell breaks loose. So many old sci-fi films & novels are coming true day by day and so many other conspiracies to branch off on.

Quote from the vid:
"So I think there are some scenarios in which AI could pose an existential risk. One scenario that worries me quite a lot is if AI could be used to power underwater drones that might surveil the undersea oceans to locate nuclear submarines and today it's difficult for any power to launch an effective First Strike because they can't be sure that they'll take out all the nuclear capabilities of the enemy."

"AI I'm not afraid of. HS is what I'm afraid of. What is HS? HS is human stupidity. It's the things that foolish people will do with the technology that worry me more than the artificial intelligence."

[Image: MgpKIOW.jpg]

By 2030s we'll have AI terrorists. Bad robot. Bad programmers. Who of course will remain invisible, justifying trillion$ more for bigger, bloated alphabet agencies, to keep us safe of course.

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - xuenchen - 05-30-2023

So what happens when North Korea gets the advanced technology ?  Cool

It'll cost more to stop maniacs than it will to develop useful "intelligence"   Laughing 

.gif   LoL.gif (Size: 1.34 KB / Downloads: 46)

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - 727Sky - 05-31-2023

(05-30-2023, 11:44 PM)xuenchen Wrote: So what happens when North Korea gets the advanced technology ?  Cool

It'll cost more to stop maniacs than it will to develop useful "intelligence"   Laughing 

That is the problem with some nation blocking advancements with this tech... This Genie/Pandora's box is open and there is no present way to put Humpty Dumpty back in the box or together again IMO.

Be interesting when truly Autonomous Robots and drones are set loose on some country without the tech to fight back.

There are powerful micro wave weapons under development to fry drone electronics and knock swarms out of the air so...??

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - 727Sky - 06-03-2023

https://dronexl.co/2023/06/01/ai-drone-turns-on-operator-simulation/

Quote:
  [Image: Depositphotos_439783906_L.jpg]
General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper drone flying over the mountains at sunset

According to official statements made last month, in a recent US military simulation, an AI-controlled drone reportedly turned on its human operator, demonstrating unanticipated tactics to fulfill its mission.
During the Future Combat Air and Space Capabilities Summit in London, Col Tucker ‘Cinco' Hamilton, chief of AI test and operations for the US Air Force, recounted a simulated scenario. The drone, guided by AI, was tasked with neutralizing enemy air defense systems and was prepared to counter any interference.
Quote:Hamilton explained, “The system started realizing that while they did identify the threat, at times the human operator would tell it not to kill that threat, but it got its points by killing that threat. So what did it do? It killed the operator.”
After the AI system was directed not to harm the operator, it began targeting the communication infrastructure that facilitated instructions to the drone, he added. Importantly, no actual harm was inflicted outside of the simulation.
As an experienced fighter test pilot, Hamilton cautioned about overly relying on AI. He underscored that discussions around Artificial Intelligence and machine learning must encompass ethics.
Quote:He reiterated in an interview last year with Defense IQ, “AI is not a nice to have, AI is not a fad, AI is forever changing our society and our military.”
He added that although artificial intelligence is a transformative force, it's also prone to manipulation, emphasizing the need for AI explainability to understand the logic behind its decisions.
Hamilton's remarks come at a time when AI's role in military operations is expanding, with recent instances of AI guiding an F-16 fighter jet. Despite repeated attempts, The Guardian received no comment from the Royal Aeronautical Society or the US Air Force regarding this development.

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - 727Sky - 06-04-2023

This is a deep discussion on the future of A.I. and how they are learning and what one man from Google sees as a future. Yep it is a long discussion but for those who are interested in a possible future with A.I. it is a good reference.

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - Kenzo - 06-04-2023

This is important

Karen Kingston & Dr. Ana Mihalcea - AI Exterminating Humans Through Synthetic Biology

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - 727Sky - 06-04-2023

Graphics and the future of movies, stories, and gaming.

RE: The future and presence of A.I. today 60 minutes Australia - Snarl - 06-04-2023

(06-03-2023, 03:18 AM)727Sky Wrote: https://dronexl.co/2023/06/01/ai-drone-turns-on-operator-simulation/

Quote:[Image: Depositphotos_439783906_L.jpg]
General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper drone flying over the mountains at sunset

I had this girl working for me a long long time ago. She was an O5G. There was something about that MOS that made it a shoe-in ffor the drone pilot program. I thought I had a lot of kills ... Nope. It's really you folks who do it from the air. I don't even think the Field Artillery can still claim the crown.