Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
An epic megalithic journey through Britain and Ireland - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: History and Old Mystery (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=109)
+--- Forum: Lost and Ancient (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=113)
+--- Thread: An epic megalithic journey through Britain and Ireland (/showthread.php?tid=691)

An epic megalithic journey through Britain and Ireland - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-29-2023

You may have already seen this docu, "Standing with Stones" when it was released on DVD some 15 years ago. I happened to discover its full 135 minute glory is on YouTube. Written and presented by Rupert Soskin, and directed and produced by Michael Bott, it takes you on a tour of a huge number of megalithic sites, starting in the south of England, up through Wales, across to Ireland and the Isle of Man, then through North England and up into Scotland and the Scottish Isles. One of the major takeaways from the film is that the mystery of megalithic sites isn’t isolated to just a few well-known monuments…there are an astounding number of these monuments dotting the landscape – most of which I was not aware. Soskin’s approach of embracing academic knowledge while also feeling free to speculate, but being clear that he is not an expert and viewers should therefore not take any speculative theories as fact:

"I’m not an academic and I don’t claim to be an expert, but I have been exploring primitive cultures and prehistoric sites for many years now. The plus side of that is that whilst embracing current archeological knowledge and theories, it does also give me the freedom to offer some contentious ideas from time to time without getting the sack. The downside of that of course is that sometimes I might be talking rubbish, who knows? The purpose of this film is not to give a history lesson about our Neolithic and Bronze Age ancestors, but to explore and experience what they left behind, and as we travel across the British Isles maybe we can shed some light on these mysterious places and the people who built them."

Quote:00:00 Intro, titles & preamble
03:36 1. The West Country & Dartmoor
20:13 2. Southern England
41:25 3. Wales
57:41 4. Ireland
1:16:15 5. The Isle of Man & Northern England
1:39:45 6. Scotland
1:57:47 7. The Scottish Isles

Two years in the making, Standing with Stones is a remarkable feature length documentary film that takes the viewer on an epic journey of discovery, way beyond the Wiltshire monuments and Stonehenge, uncovering the true extent and variety of megalithic Britain and Ireland.

Featuring 100 of the most significant megalithic monuments in England, Wales, Ireland, N. Ireland & Scotland, the adventure starts near Land's End in Cornwall and ends out on the Scottish isles, on Orkney, at the Tomb of the Eagles.

Rupert Soskin and Michael Bott’s YouTube channel: The Prehistory Guys, in which they cover a number of different fascinating topics from prehistory.

RE: An epic megalithic journey through Britain and Ireland - BIAD - 05-29-2023

Oooh, you struck a tickle bone with this one!
(I found a lot of Peggy Powler's majick from a tiny chunk of the Rollright stones!)
thumbsup2

RE: An epic megalithic journey through Britain and Ireland - Ninurta - 06-02-2023

As it turns out, Neanderthals built the first stone circles - this just in from Kayleigh: