Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal (/showthread.php?tid=690)

Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - xuenchen - 05-28-2023

House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries is pissed off (or maybe fake outrage) about Biden making a deal with Speaker McCarthy over the debt deal.

Whining Hakeem is screaming because Democrats are getting nothing !! ROFLOL

So why is he politicizing something that needs to benefit everybody?  Smile

I think there's a good chance Biden and Democrats have a smear plan in the making.

This anger and shouting is all part of some new plan to screw over the Public. They ARE experts afterall  Laughing

McCarthy: Jeffries Said There’s ‘Not One Thing in the Bill for Democrats’

Quote:Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said on this week’s broadcast of “Fox News Sunday” that House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY) told him that Democrats don’t see “one thing” in the debt ceiling deal in their favor.

Anchor Shannon Bream asked, “Have you talked to Minority Leader Jeffries? Sounds like he will bring Democrat votes to the table. What is your conversation like with him about getting this across the finish line?”

McCarthy said, “I wanted Congress to work differently and treat Hakeem the way I wanted to be treated. We can disagree, I want him to know about everything. Everything is not political. Every time there is agreement and negotiation between the president and Congress, both parties come together and vote for the bill. Both of them talk about it. I don’t work with Hakeem to say, I need this many votes, I think you will get a majority voting for the bill because it is a good bill. The president agreed. There will be a lot of Democrats that will vote for it.”

He added, “Right now the Democrats are very upset. But one thing Hakeem told me, there’s nothing in the bill for them. There’s not one thing in the bill for Democrats.”

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - xuenchen - 05-29-2023

Here's the text of the Bill

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - Ninurta - 05-29-2023

Well, if Jeffries don't like it, the Democrats are welcome to vote against it and shut the government down. That might go poorly for them in the next election cycle, but they're still welcome to do it - it's always an option.

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - nocorruptionallowed - 05-29-2023

I understand why the dems don't see anything in the debt ceiling bill that helps them, and it's because there is a CEILING in it. They never stop spending everyone else's money, but if there is a ceiling.... Ouch!  Rolleyes

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - F2d5thCav - 05-29-2023

Xuen--

Whole exercise reminds me of putting a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.  Huh

Cheers

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - xuenchen - 05-29-2023

(05-29-2023, 02:55 PM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Xuen--

Whole exercise reminds me of putting a band-aid on a sucking chest wound.  Huh

Cheers

Yup. And with leeches crawling too  Cool

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - Freija - 05-29-2023

Just so y'all don't sprain your shoulder patting each other on the back because some Democrat was unhappy, it seems neither side is thrilled.

Opponents on both sides of aisle to vote against debt limit agreement

'Insanity': Conservatives Rip Joe Biden's Debt Limit Deal With GOP

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - Ninurta - 05-29-2023

(05-29-2023, 06:26 PM)Freija Wrote: Just so y'all don't sprain your shoulder patting each other on the back because some Democrat was unhappy, it seems neither side is thrilled.

Opponents on both sides of aisle to vote against debt limit agreement

'Insanity': Conservatives Rip Joe Biden's Debt Limit Deal With GOP

Well, they're welcome to throw the nation into default too, just like the Democrats. If BOTH sides drive us over a cliff, then it could make for a really interesting election season next go-round! Maybe we could get rid of some dead weight on both sides of the aisle at the same time, and I can't even remember the last time THAT happened!

I'm not particularly happy with either Democrats or alleged "Republicans" at the moment, after seeing what both of them are trying to do to Virginia. They appear to me to be two oxen yoked to pull the sledge in the same direction, and that ain't a GOOD direction.

RE: Democrat Leader Jeffries Mad about Debt Deal - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-29-2023

Quote:Debt ceiling package would expedite approval of stalled natural gas pipeline project, bring millions in tax revenue to W. Virginia, Virginia

If Congress approves the debt ceiling package, the pipeline, which is 94% complete, is expected to generate 2,500 construction jobs, $40 million in tax revenue for West Virginia, and $10 million for Virginia. It is anticipated to transport approximately 2 billion cubic feet of natural gas daily to consumers in the southeast.

U.S. Rep. Carol Miller (R-W.Va.) called the debt ceiling bill “a bipartisan win for every American.”

“Finally, Republicans and Democrats are coming together to finish the Mountain Valley Pipeline, which will create more jobs, lower energy costs and protect our environment,” Miller stated.

Well, there ya go, a win-win for everybody. Sure