Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: 2024 Elections (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=48)
+--- Thread: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech (/showthread.php?tid=673)

Pages: 1 2

Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - Infolurker - 05-27-2023

I had seen a couple of other articles on this and decided to post as this one actually shows the "pyramid of evil terror" which notates Christians, Republicans, and Firearms owners as "the terrorists".

Sorry, I have not messed with posting pics or I would post the pyramid. 

https://reclaimthenet.org/dhs-is-accused-of-being-weaponized-against-online-speech

Quote:The Biden administration has been accused of using a grant program initially created to combat terrorism to crackdown on the speech of conservatives, the Republican Party, and Christians, according to documents obtained by MRC Free Speech America through freedom of information requests.

Under the Biden administration, the Targeted Violence & Terrorism Prevention Grant Program (TVTP) has awarded public and private institutions almost $40 million to fight “all forms of terrorism and targeted violence.” However, the program has not been targeting actual terrorism. Instead, it has focused on targeting right-leaning organizations through “media literacy and online critical thinking initiatives” and other similar seminars.

During his campaign, Biden promised to disband the program. However, the DHS, led by Alejandro Mayorkas, has repurposed it to target specific organizations.

The DHS itself has refused to provide documents revealing details about the program. However, the organizations that received the grants did provide documents.
One of the recipients of the grants was the University of Dayton, which received $352,109 to create the PREVENTS-OH program to combat “domestic violence extremism and hate movements.
A chart used by the grantee and the DHS in a training program puts conservative organizations like the Christian Broadcasting Network, the Republican National Committee, the Heritage Foundation, Turning Point USA, and the National Rifle Association in the same category as organizations like The Base and websites like The Daily Stormer.
In the same seminar, President Trump was compared to Cambodian dictator Pol Pot, who was responsible for the deaths of 1.7 million people.
It was also suggested that Florida’s Gov. Ron DeSantis wanted to start a second Holocaust because in 2021 he proposed a civilian military force to assist the National Guard during emergencies.
In another seminar, Michael Loadentahl, a self-proclaimed member of the organization Antifa, the report alleges, explained how to create fake accounts on social media platforms like Gab, Rumble, and Telegram to infiltrate and destabilize conservative political movements.
In total, the TVTP program has awarded 80 grants, totaling $39,611,999.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - 727Sky - 05-27-2023

Control the narrative and control the society.

Silence all those who disagree and you will never realize you are wrong.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - loam - 05-27-2023

[Image: The-Pyramid-of-Far-Right-Radicalization.png]

(05-27-2023, 12:21 AM)727Sky Wrote: Silence all those who disagree and you will never realize you are wrong.

To them, that's a feature, not a bug.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - xuenchen - 05-27-2023

Yes Clem, Democrats really are this desperate and using Soviet and Nazi techniques

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - Infolurker - 05-27-2023

University program linking Christians, Republicans to Nazis granted DHS funds under 'anti-terror' initiative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/university-program-linking-christians-republicans-nazis-granted-dhs-funds-part-anti-terror-initiative

Quote:"This terrorism task force is engaged in an active effort to demonize and eliminate Christian, conservative, and Republican organizations using federal taxpayer dollars," said Brent Bozell, founder and president of the Media Research Center. "What we have uncovered calls for criminal prosecution. The American people need to know those who are abusing their positions in the federal government will be held accountable for their criminal behavior."

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - BoredPandalorian - 05-27-2023

I've been trying to upload a topic about this, but I'm stymied by the way thread formatting here works. It's called the digital platform commission act, I thought somebody should share this latest attempt at tightening the leash. I would quote the article for a quick summary but even that's finicky.

https://www.bennet.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2023/5/bennet-welch-reintroduce-landmark-legislation-to-establish-federal-commission-to-oversee-digital-platforms

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - loam - 05-27-2023

(05-27-2023, 03:09 AM)BoredPandalorian Wrote: I've been trying to upload a topic about this, but I'm stymied by the way thread formatting here works. It's called the digital platform commission act, I thought somebody should share this latest attempt at tightening the leash. I would quote the article for a quick summary but even that's finicky.

https://www.bennet.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2023/5/bennet-welch-reintroduce-landmark-legislation-to-establish-federal-commission-to-oversee-digital-platforms

From your link....

Quote:But misinformation about the pandemic, public health, elections and more are polluting our online spaces and having real-world negative impacts in our communities. Unlike other industries, digital platforms and AI systems are subject to very few requirements for transparency and accountability.

Stronger oversight institutions, such as the commission proposed in the Digital Platform Commission Act of 2023, have the potential to strengthen the government’s capacity to promote safe, just, and innovative digital products.

What could possibly go wrong?

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-27-2023

(05-27-2023, 12:55 AM)Infolurker Wrote: University program linking Christians, Republicans to Nazis granted DHS funds under 'anti-terror' initiative

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/university-program-linking-christians-republicans-nazis-granted-dhs-funds-part-anti-terror-initiative

Quote:"This terrorism task force is engaged in an active effort to demonize and eliminate Christian, conservative, and Republican organizations using federal taxpayer dollars," said Brent Bozell, founder and president of the Media Research Center. "What we have uncovered calls for criminal prosecution. The American people need to know those who are abusing their positions in the federal government will be held accountable for their criminal behavior."

I hope they start with those that are on Pennsylvania Avenue.

(05-27-2023, 03:15 AM)loam Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 03:09 AM)BoredPandalorian Wrote: I've been trying to upload a topic about this, but I'm stymied by the way thread formatting here works. It's called the digital platform commission act, I thought somebody should share this latest attempt at tightening the leash. I would quote the article for a quick summary but even that's finicky.

From your link....

Quote:But misinformation about the pandemic, public health, elections and more are polluting our online spaces and having real-world negative impacts in our communities. Unlike other industries, digital platforms and AI systems are subject to very few requirements for transparency and accountability.

Stronger oversight institutions, such as the commission proposed in the Digital Platform Commission Act of 2023, have the potential to strengthen the government’s capacity to promote safe, just, and innovative digital products.

What could possibly go wrong?

I am leery of almost everything on the internet anymore.

I don’t see the internet working in the best interest of the people, and it keeps us unattached to our local communities where we are the most powerful when united.

I would like to see more people working together in their own communities, than spending so much time online.

I know that is wishful thinking, but the internet that once was, is not what it is today.

It has become a manipulative tool that tracks your every keystroke. A prison we enter of our own will, and some are obsessed with. 

We need to have a plan B.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - Infolurker - 05-27-2023

The appeal of the internet is the larger "audience & reach" I think.

Plus you get perspectives from people all over the country / world in many cases. 

I hang out on numerous forums. Democratic Underground is an interesting place if you want to see and hear the left's perspective / echo chamber.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-27-2023

(05-27-2023, 02:05 PM)Infolurker Wrote: The appeal of the internet is the larger "audience & reach" I think.

Plus you get perspectives from people all over the country / world in many cases. 

I hang out on numerous forums. Democratic Underground is an interesting place if you want to see and hear the left's perspective / echo chamber.

The internet is the place where many people copy what other say because they want to feel "normal" and accepted. They are emotionally manipulated, and and some will, with enough time, be conditioned to actually act out those behaviors, that they never would have done before their conditioning was cemented into place.

The stuff I see people post, often way too quickly, with malice, and zero thought, I know that person would never say out loud to someone's face, but the anonymity provided by the internet, allows that bacteria to grow until the person becomes so infected that they become lifeless zombies, that have surrendered their heart, minds, and souls, to the medium.

For all the good that the internet can do, the evils that it can produce seems to be the prevailing force.

(05-27-2023, 03:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...I know that person would never say out loud to someone's face, but the anonymity provided by the internet...

And yet, the opposite would produce a result --particularly in today's social and political climate-- where people would not be willing to disclose what they truly believe for fear of real world reprisal.

Between the two options, I believe the latter would be far worse. If you think cancel culture is bad now, it would be exponentially worse if you were required to identify yourself in public virtual spaces.

There are downsides to everything in life. But some downsides are far worse than others, IMHO.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - xuenchen - 05-27-2023

Big money funnel to Democrat/NWO cohorts to deemphasize the real terrorists.
Red Herring. Cool

(05-27-2023, 04:16 PM)loam Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 03:58 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: ...I know that person would never say out loud to someone's face, but the anonymity provided by the internet...

And yet, the opposite would produce a result --particularly in today's social and political climate-- where people would not be willing to disclose what they truly believe for fear of real world reprisal.

Between the two options, I believe the latter would be far worse. If you think cancel culture is bad now, it would be exponentially worse if you were required to identify yourself in public virtual spaces.

There are downsides to everything in life. But some downsides are far worse than others, IMHO.

I see your point and I realize that people should stand firm in what they believe. If you believe it, you should not feel you have to lie about what you believe. You are only lying to yourself, and agreeing to be used and enslaved if you do.

I know it is the easiest route, to go along and comply, and if you make that choice then you are agreeing to take responsibility, and to live with the results. No bitching, no complaining. No shifting the blame.

(05-27-2023, 08:16 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I know it is the easiest route, to go along and comply...

That's the entire point.

Just had lunch with a colleague who admitted to this very thing. He's a senior guy at one of the big consulting firms. The woke agenda is off the scale. He has a wife and three kids, supported by a lifetime of hard work.

What are his choices now? Blow it all up or comply. He's complying, and it's not hard to understand why.

So if you make the internet a playground for the verified only, the suppression of any speech in opposition to the machine will be complete....just the way they'd prefer it.

(05-27-2023, 08:24 PM)loam Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 08:16 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I know it is the easiest route, to go along and comply...

That's the entire point.

Just had lunch with a colleague who admitted to this very thing. He's a senior guy and one of the big consulting firms. The woke agenda is off the scale. He has a wife and three kids, supported by a lifetime of hard work.

What are his choices now? Blow it all up or comply. He's complying, and it's not hard to understand why.

So if you make the internet a playground for the verified only, the suppression of any speech in opposition to the machine will be complete....just the way they'd prefer it.

The internet is already a playground and a trap. They can suppress, and will, anything they don't want to be on the internet. They can monitor every key stroke. They can shadow ban. They can delete anything you write and even cancel you.

I have been where your friend is at least three different times in my life.

I walked away from a six digit paycheck, because I was not willing to compromise, and I could not go along to get along. When I walked out of those doors I had three children, and a Mother to take care of, a mortgage, and a new car payment.

I had no idea where I was going to go, but I could at least look at myself in the mirror.

The second time and the third time was much easier, because I had built a reputation for being an honest, hard nworker, that had a strong backbone, so finding employment was very easy.

I am not telling anyone else what they can or should do. I am just saying that the decisions you make are your decisions, and you should take responsibility for them, regardless which excuse you use for why you did it.

(05-27-2023, 08:41 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: The internet is already a playground and a trap. They can suppress, and will, anything they don't want to be on the internet. They can monitor every key stroke. They can shadow ban. They can delete anything you write and even cancel you.

I have been where your friend is at least three different times in my life.

I walked away from a six digit paycheck, because I was not willing to compromise, and I could not go along to get along. When I walked out of those doors I had three children, and a Mother to take care of, a mortgage, and a new car payment.

I had no idea where I was going to go, but I could at least look at myself in the mirror.

The second time and the third time was much easier, because I had built a reputation for being an honest, hard nworker, that had a strong backbone, so finding employment was very easy.

I am not telling anyone else what they can or should do. I am just saying that the decisions you make are your decisions, and you should take responsibility for them, regardless which excuse you use for why you did it.

All very admirable.

But if the topic is to end anonymity (as feeble as that already is) on the internet, count me out. That was the point I was addressing.

(05-27-2023, 08:57 PM)loam Wrote: All very admirable.

But if the topic is to end anonymity (as feeble as that already is) on the internet, count me out. That was the point I was addressing.

There is no anonymity on the internet.

Post something considered threatening, and see how fast they will be knocking on your door.

If it benefits them.

(05-27-2023, 09:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: There is no anonymity on the internet.

Missing my point again. So do you know who I am?

Maybe I work for you...or the other way around.

(05-27-2023, 11:16 PM)loam Wrote:
(05-27-2023, 09:06 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: There is no anonymity on the internet.

Missing my point again. So do you know who I am?

Maybe I work for you...or the other way around.

Yes @loam. I guess I am missing your point. I am not being obtuse, but it seems I am missing something you shared.

I don't have the need or desire to research or dox anyone on the internet that I do not know personally. If I need a more personal encounter with someone, I will PM them, or they will PM me. How much that person wants to share with me, or me with them, would depend on a variety of things.

However, if someone wanted to find out who you are, it is not that hard to do, and if the government or law enforcement wanted to identify you, it can take less than hours to accomplish that feat.

There is no true anonymity on the internet. It is just that most people don't care enough to seek someone out, unless they are really pissed off.

If I am missing the point again, please help put me back on track.

Thanks.

RE: Biden’s DHS Is Accused Of Being Weaponized Against Online Speech - loam - 05-28-2023

(05-27-2023, 11:46 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I guess I am missing your point.

There is no true anonymity on the internet.

No worries. I'll try again. I actually think we probably agree 99%.

The thread is about the Biden administration targeting conservatives by paying private organizations to go after them. You later seemed to say (and I'll admit upon a re-read it doesn't quite say what I interpreted it as saying earlier) that anonymity is bad for the internet because it enables people to behave in ways they wouldn't in real life. I saw that as advocating for less anonymity, which I oppose.

Yes, I understand there is no true anonymity on the internet. But to some degree there is anonymity from other users of the net.

Does the government know who I am? Absolutely. Does my local school board or business or employer or church? Not so much.

And yes I understand we are all vulnerable to bad actors, but that wasn't the point I was making.

In any event, it's a narrow point.

The house is on fire, and we are discussing the placement of the coach.  Big Grin