Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: World Health Matters (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=103)
+--- Forum: General Health Topics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=105)
+--- Thread: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection (/showthread.php?tid=666)

Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Infolurker - 05-26-2023

Eugenics.... 

I still believe most of our "hot topic" social issues are related to eugenics and weeding out the undesirables from procreating or even living.

Doctors suggesting this to vulnerable and easily influenced mentally disabled and autistic patients is disgraceful. When does it stop being voluntary and at the discretion of the "good doctors"? Slippery slope indeed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12124293/1-4-Canadians-backs-lethal-injections-POOR-homeless-critics-slam-shameful-attitude.html

Quote:'Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection. End homelessness, not the lives of the homeless.'

The survey, by Canadian polling firm Research Co, found that 27 percent of respondents said MAID should be available to those in poverty, while 28 percent said the same for the country's roughly 30,000 homeless people.

Another 43 percent of Canadians say the mentally ill should be allowed to get a doctor's help ending their lives, and half the nation says those with disabilities should be eligible for MAID.

The survey also found broad support for the program overall — nearly three quarters of Canadians say the country has the right policies in place for letting people seek medical assistance in dying.
The survey comes as Canada's politicians weigh whether to expand its assisted suicide program to allow children and the mentally ill to end their lives.

But rights groups say the country's regulations lack necessary safeguards, devalue the lives of disabled people, and prompt doctors and health workers to suggest the procedure to those who might not otherwise consider it.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Michigan Swamp Buck - 05-26-2023

Over and over again I've witnessed the slippery slope theory in action and proving itself out, usually sooner then I expected. I used to think, "Yeah, give it ten years and this will become that". Well, it seems to have gotten a lot quicker lately and certainly makes anyone who tries to discount the slippery slope theory look stupid.

I hate to say this, but I could see this coming on since Canada started talking about this program, many people were seeing this as a slippery slope back then. It's no surprise unfortunately, but not too many listened when we saw this coming.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - GeauxHomeLittleD - 05-26-2023

Seems to me that if they are encouraging people to commit legal suicide for the "sins" of being poor, homeless, extremely sick or mentally ill now then it is only a matter of time before those states of being become classified as "criminal acts" punishable by the death penalty. Slippery slope indeed! 

Be careful what you wish for...

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Snarl - 05-26-2023

I'll just say ... "How many times have we witnessed normalization of the slippery slope since Kennedy was killed?"

Looked like a tiny little light ...  barely moving ... down at the end of the tunnel back then. Now? It's coming up faster and larger by the day. If you listen, you can hear it almost.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - loam - 05-26-2023

Death cultists...and it would seem Canadians are leading the way.

I wonder how many of them would change their minds when grandma eventually gets dragged to the glue factory?

This isn't a slippery slope. We're in free fall off the cliff, imo.

History repeating itself in the most appalling ways.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Snarl - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 07:14 PM)loam Wrote: This isn't a slippery slope. We're in free fall off the cliff, imo.

There are times I could not agree with you more.

Then I remember what I'd be thinking about if I was outdoors working.

My failing memory recalls something about an ability to invoke 'despair' in a _target_.

I would wish no one loses hope in troubling times. I look back into my own wake of the past few years and see everything I've built through sheer perseverance and sweat equity. And I know, if I can do it, most everyone here could too ... and probably better. The bummer is I didn't start these endeavors far earlier in life. No telling where I'd be if I wasn't working my ass off for other people.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Infolurker - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 06:41 PM)Snarl Wrote: I'll just say ... "How many times have we witnessed normalization of the slippery slope since Kennedy was killed?"

Looked like a tiny little light ...  barely moving ... down at the end of the tunnel back then. Now? It's coming up faster and larger by the day. If you listen, you can hear it almost.

Exactly.

How long before being "voluntary" becomes "Doctor recommended" non-voluntary?

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - loam - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 10:01 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Exactly.

About as long as "two weeks to stop the curve," which is to say essentially overnight.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 10:01 PM)Infolurker Wrote:
(05-26-2023, 06:41 PM)Snarl Wrote: I'll just say ... "How many times have we witnessed normalization of the slippery slope since Kennedy was killed?"

Exactly.

That has already been a time long past go.

When they can force people to be guinea pigs, with the forced administration of solutions that are labeled “For experimental use”, it moved us to the end of the line.

RE: Homeless people need a roof over their heads, not a lethal injection - Infolurker - 05-26-2023

(05-26-2023, 10:01 PM)Infolurker Wrote:

Exactly.

On a side note, I do have to admit that I fell for that one. I did not fall for "mandatory vaccines" BS though. I remember the "swine flu" days.