Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Mood Music - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Guohua's Lounge (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Music and Media Den (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: Mood Music (/showthread.php?tid=65)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 11-14-2023

Robin Trower - Shame The Devil [1975]

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-01-2023

The Patina Turners - Red Tide (Filmed at Redbones in Fort Myers FL)

Martin Phipps - Toulon | Napoleon (Soundtrack from the Apple Original Film)

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-04-2023

RE: Mood Music - BodhisattvaStyle - 12-04-2023

Bob Marley
Redemption Song

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 12-09-2023

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-01-2024

We’ve been gone for so long
Nothing now can keep us down
Yeah we’re back on track and we’re on attack
Can’t hold us back no, no
A new [Rogue] nation is won
People rise on the setting sun
Yeah we’re on our way and we’re makin’ wake
Gonna seize the day yeah, yeah...

RE: Mood Music - Ninurta - 01-05-2024

\

RE: Mood Music - Ninurta - 01-06-2024

Huh.

It's a small world, sometimes.

I was born in Ohio. When I was born, we lived in the "Hezekiah Dunham House" at 729 Broadway in Bedford, OH. The house has since been designated a historic landmark on the national register. It was a pre-victorian Georgian mansion house built by Hezekiah Dunham in 1832, one of the early settlers in the area. We rented an apartment upstairs, on the north end of the house.

While I was researching the house, I discovered that my next door neighbor, across the back fence, was Tom Shipley... and until now, I never realized that's who lived there. The guy that owned the Dunham house was named Richard Sedlon, and he was an artist. He had transformed the back yard into an English Garden, with a walking path through it and all sorts of nymph and elf and gnome sculptures hidden along the path and in the trees, it was magical, to a kid.

Tom Shipley also wrote about that garden in his blog, and that's how I found out this evening that he was that guy on the other side of the back fence.

Small world, huh?

Tom Shipley, "One Toke Tom", as half of Brewer and Shipley, 1971 -

RE: Mood Music - Leftiris - 01-08-2024

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-09-2024

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-21-2024

The video is from 1960 British film called Beat Girl (Wild for Kicks in the US). The girl is Gillian Hills and the guy is a young Oliver Reed.

RE: Mood Music - Ninurta - 01-22-2024

When I was a young man, really little more than a boy, I was mostly subject to the same inducements and propaganda that all young men are subject to.

Many, many years ago, I realized that was all bullshit, and resolved that never again would I fight for King and Country, or Patriotism. Only money, or danger to someone I knew and cared about could stir me. I realized that King and Country doesn't give a shit about you, will just use you up and throw you away.

And that nebulous collection of strangers called "The People" didn't really give a shit about you, either. Any sacrifices you or your brothers made to secure "freedom" for then was a waste - they will give you mechanical and hollow "thanks for your service" out of one side of their mouths while using the other side of their mouths to throw away or sell what so much was shed to secure for them, and that without a second thought. There are no percentages in it.

After a while, I even realized that they ain't got enough money to pay you for the shit they expect you to go through fighting for pay... so that notion dropped by the wayside as well. It might be a living, but it might also be a dying... and for what? Some shiny trinkets?

Nowadays, the only thing that could possibly bestir my ancient ass to wrath would be a threat to folks I actually know, and care about. BUT make no mistake, should that event come to pass, old and decrepit as I am I'd do anything and everything still within my power to light the fires of hell on the miscreants... I'm just not going to go very far afield to light them, Not past my own county line these days, and it would have to be a hell of a provocation even at that. Most likely I wouldn't even cross my property line.

So for all those young bucks out there with dreams of finding God and Glory in righteous battles, have at it. Knock yourselves out. I'll not be there. Just one caveat - keep it off my patch. Cause if you cross into my patch, I'm just as likely to drop you like a pole-axed steer as not. If I'm in a particularly generous mood that day, I might even bury you to keep the buzzards from eating your carcass.

"Peace" only extends as far as you can enforce it with your own right arm. I've found my limits.

I've found my Valkyrie, too - Grace. She it was who hauled my decrepit carcass out of the vermin-infested cities and back to my home, "the place where I belong". And for that, I'll be forever grateful. She's one of the very few things in my world that it would be a very, very bad idea to give any grief.

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-23-2024

Flophouse Jr. – In the Beginning/How It’s Going to End

This video ^^^ has been edited from the film, Logic by Machine (Computer and the Mind of Man), 1962.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ari0MFEIJd4

Omni - Plastic Pyramid (feat. Izzy Glaudini) - I ordered it all.  Laughing

RE: Mood Music - Ninurta - 01-29-2024

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-31-2024

Starship released ‘Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now’ 37 years ago, January 30, 1987.

January 30, 1976:
[Image: ffPpnIw.jpg]

RE: Mood Music - 727Sky - 02-02-2024

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-03-2024

[Image: bHrixGt.jpg]

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-07-2024

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-11-2024

"God is With Us" chanted in Appalachian bluegrass style | Orthodox Americana

RE: Mood Music - EndtheMadnessNow - 02-13-2024