Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Survival and Sustainability (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) (/showthread.php?tid=612)

Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 05-20-2023

Things to think about as there are people who have thought it through (at least target wise), on who or what type of person they plan to target.

Hopefully this will be informative. None of this quoted stuff below is my material, just the choice comments from a couple of threads on the survival boards that kind of summarizes multi-page threads.

The biggest surprise is how many people talk about Mormons. If any of you are Mormons, I would be very careful on who knew it and try to get your address removed from church records because these jerks already have the idea of going to your church and retrieving addresses to find you. There is lots of talk about Mormons being the #1 target in a SHTF situation.

Below is a consolidation from the survivalist boards: Raiders, Mormons, Farming, Hunting

https://www.survivalistboards.com/threads/when-do-you-become-the-bad-guy.244993/

When Do YOU Become The bad guy?

On this very site shortly after I signed up there was a poll where about a third of the respondents claimed they would be a raider NOW. The way my mental math works, the two thirds who think they're all moral and ethical now...probably had a full tummy and most really do not have all their things in order....NOW.

Which leads me to believe on this site the real numbers are over half the people being raiders and as far as the rest of the totally not prepared world, I'd say the real numbers of raiders to non would be....the majority.

The sad truth is that everyone here and everyone that reads this will become the "bad guy" when they or their wife and kids are starving. Those of you that believe your morals are too high to plunder, steal and yes, even kill for food when you have none are only kidding yourselves. Oh, I would never do that.....BS!

MORMONS:

(appear to be the biggest target to these survival board members) Members of the LDS Church are supposed to have a year's worth of food stored up and too many people think being religious means being unarmed. Would-be raiders might think to start out by raiding a Temple, getting member records, and then paying visits, if they don't already know which of their neighbors are Mormons.

(On another board, I read a post about how a secret prepper was chatting with his neighbor about hard times and possible disasters, and the neighbor came out and said "Hey, I'm not worried. X down the street is a Mormon. If anything goes wrong, I'll just take my gun and take what he's got". The prepper - once he got over the shock - suggested that might not be a good idea as X was also a gun nut, which kind of took the neighbor back. The prepper later put the neighbor on his list of people to look out for in a crisis, and also had a chat with X about the folks on the street where they lived...)

"we will head towards Utah them mormons have food. been storing it for years. many of us in Utah have also been storing ammo for years...just a thought

Five seconds after the SHTF event My friend will be at the grocery store and then the pharmacy long before everyone figures out what is happening.

Next I am going to a Mormons house for the 3 month supply of food.

FARMING:

Farmers - Another possibility is they intend to drive out and raid farms and ranches, convinced that such places must be full of food. Don't know what they think they'll do with a silo full of grain, or a bunch of cows or hogs; especially since I doubt any of them know squat about butchering or meat preservation. Food preparation, either. Raider wanna-bes seldom impress me with their smarts or foresight. Which is probably why they're raider wanna-bes.

Plant a garden......another joke in the short term before most have died off. How long does it take most crops to mature.....90 days? Let's say you grow tomatoes or whatever and there are millions of people who haven't done any prepping and they are starving, what happens? Right, they raid your garden, maybe by the hundreds. Bottom line, unless you are going to shoot everyone, those hoards of starving people are going to take your garden by storm.

And, you raise livestock? OK, how long you think Bessie the cow is going to last when people are starving? You won't have a chicken left.

This is what I'm talking about, but you see, the country is only the country because all the city slickers are in the city. Where do you think they are gonna come when the city isn't a resource anymore? Where do you think they are coming where food is running in the woods?

HUNTING:

All of a sudden everyone becomes a great hunter is just another Fantasy! Unless some calamity strikes, that knocks down almost every human, hunting for food after TEOTWAWKI is a recipe for starvation. I get a large percentage of my meat supply from hunting and fishing. During a good year, I fill my freezers early, and everyone else that hunts nearby has worse luck... if they get lucky, I don't. This last year, floods pushed out all the deer, and people miles away harvested them.

Whitetails were exterminated in my part of E Texas (whole region) during the Great Depression. They were missing until the mid-50's when the State had meetings and made agreements with people to not kill them for so many years, till they reached stable populations. My father told a story about during the later years of WWII someone saw a deer track... the community got together, put dogs on the trail, and two days later ran the deer down... they killed it and ate it right there... and another decade passed before the State restocked em.

All large game will disappear in weeks. Without rules and regulations (and wardens to enforce the rules), starving people will spotlight em, and kill every single animal they see.

At the end of 'legal season', deer are mighty scarce... and that's with recreational non-starving hunters.

I think you're missing my point. When the white tails go, the guys that hunted them don't stop...they keep going. We will be an overpopulated, well armed species that animals are not adapted to defend against. We will kill them faster than they can reproduce, we almost do it on accident now as it is.

There will NOT be enough wild game to be hunted for any extended period of time, unless a large populations of humans are apart of the crisis.

But, maybe you can fish and hunt for food? You and a million others. And I can just see you and a multitude of others lined up at the river/lake and when you finally catch a big ole catfish, you will be mobbed. You'll have to shoot your way out.

I was speaking to Urban Preppers as well. Which half of the city slickers do you think is going to be scarier, the half that died, or the resilient half that figured out how to survive in a place with no wild game; i.e. well armed, large numbered group of possibly trained people who are coming to where the food is. And if you live in Texas, which is mostly privately owned...they are going to be coming to your private property.

Don't count on hunting, you may end up as dinner -

Law Enforcement / Military

I think during the beginning of a crisis if police are struggling with food or fuel they'll requisition whatever they want or need under the name of national security or some other. Just driving down the road you'll be a target for a stop and seizure of your property/fuel. Of course all that can be mitigated by prepping and not having to go out during the onset of a disaster. Officials appropriating supplies sent for aid, or siphoning it to only those useful to them. Or going door to door to "requisition" your stuff.... for themselves by their "Authority".

Prepper Recon - Fake prepper:

"You seem to take some sort of perverse pride in being willing to kill others and condemn their families to death so yours will survive. Do you tell your friends and other family members that you plan to kill them for their preps if yours run out and that's your only choice?? Its nice you prep so you might not have to do this. You do realize you just told us you prep plan includes killing others if need be not in defense but in offense. You strike me as a person one should never turn their back on. You have shown the ability to justify any and all immoral behavior.

You are a Preppers nightmare. You will work with us, act as our friend even pray with us, the whole time scoping us out and planning how to take it all if you need to. Somehow the excuse that you would only do if you really needed to doesn't make me sleep any easier"

I will not fight fair and I will remorselessly eliminate any raiders.

--------------------------------------

That said..........................

If things go horribly wrong,

If my stores are raided..........

If I am unable to grow anything.........

If I am unable to hunt or fish...........

If I am unable to barter my goods or my labor to obtain food...........

Then yeah, I'm going to feed my little girl. She is the only thing that matters and the rest of the world can go to hell. I will steal, I will raid, I will take your food if you have any and I will kill you if need be.

But hey, I'm constantly learning new skills and new ways to survive so it won't come to that. Bottom line though, my little girl will not starve while I'm alive.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun."

Posts of advice - When do you become the bad guy?

You become the "bad guy" to others when the unprepared find out you have supplies and won't share "for the common good".

They become the "bad guys" to you when they find out you have supplies and won't share "for the common good" and they decide to "liberate" your supplies for the common good.

Best advice, stay away from other people. They all are potential dangers to you and yours. Leave them in peace to work out their own problems and make sure nobody creates any new problems for you.

Under conditions of total collapse of all legal, civil, social, moral, or ethical constraints people may encounter these sorts of scenarios.

The moral of the story is,

1. Be responsible NOW, so that you don't have to be put in that situation where you have to become your neighbors "bad guy" in order to become your families "Savior".

2. Everyone is suspect. People will do anything when the scales of importance and priorities shift. If SHTF, that "bad guy" that you have to shoot..will most likely be "Daddy" to another person....who was trying to save his family. =(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vg7tqL983s

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - 727Sky - 05-20-2023

I agree with much of what has been posted and am reminded of Argentina when their currency went to basically zero... Many horrible survival stories during that time.. And now once again their inflation rate is right a 104% ...no one can thrive under those conditions unless ??

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - F2d5thCav - 05-20-2023

I don't get it.  If they think the Mormons are such a ready supply of food, why don't they just quietly build up their OWN food stocks ?

Best bet in an emergency is organization.  Figure out now (not later) who are solid neighbors and have occasional chats about how the neighborhood should react if things get bad.  Figure out who has which skills and develop a rough list of tasks and roles.  And definitely figure out who will go immediately raiding and looting and put them down with zero regrets if SHTF.

Cheers

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 05-20-2023

(05-20-2023, 10:33 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I don't get it.  If they think the Mormons are such a ready supply of food, why don't they just quietly build up their OWN food stocks ?

Best bet in an emergency is organization.  Figure out now (not later) who are solid neighbors and have occasional chats about how the neighborhood should react if things get bad.  Figure out who has which skills and develop a rough list of tasks and roles.  And definitely figure out who will go immediately raiding and looting and put them down with zero regrets if SHTF.

Cheers

The "raider mentality" runs deep.

I have had a few "what if" conversations with people at work in casual conversation and about 20% have the answer of "I don't have to worry, my neighbor has this or that and I have a shotgun" or similar.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Snarl - 05-20-2023

(05-20-2023, 02:45 PM)Infolurker Wrote:
(05-20-2023, 10:33 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: Best bet in an emergency is organization.  Figure out now (not later) who are solid neighbors and have occasional chats about how the neighborhood should react if things get bad.  Figure out who has which skills and develop a rough list of tasks and roles.  And definitely figure out who will go immediately raiding and looting and put them down with zero regrets if SHTF.

Cheers

I have had a few "what if" conversations with people at work in casual conversation and about 20% have the answer of "I don't have to worry, my neighbor has this or that and I have a shotgun" or similar.

That scenario of SHTF is less likely than most would hope. Too black & white.

America's Great Depression was dragged-out for a decade. Pretty sure TPTB are gonna replay that one to dry-out everyone's stockpiles ... before they really lower the boom.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 05-20-2023

Well, you know there is this 7 year Tribulation thing mentioned in a book and all....

Possibly starting this year. 2030 or 2032 is believed to be the 2000 year anniversary of the resurrection and those who follow the 6,000 years theory of man's self rule believe that time is short.

When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near.”

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - NightskyeB4Dawn - 05-20-2023

(05-20-2023, 10:33 AM)F2d5thCav Wrote: I don't get it.  If they think the Mormons are such a ready supply of food, why don't they just quietly build up their OWN food stocks ?

Cheers

Under SHTF situations, I think most folk know not to show up on anyone’s doorstep uninvited out in the woods. 

There are few reasons to be this far out if you were not invited, and fewer reasons still,  that come with any good.  

We are not going to turn our backs on any of our neighbors. We have been through hard times before. We know the routine.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 05-21-2023

(05-20-2023, 06:21 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Cheers

Under SHTF situations, I think most folk know not to show up on anyone’s doorstep uninvited out in the woods. 

There are few reasons to be this far out if you were not invited, and fewer reasons still,  that come with any good.  

We are not going to turn our backs on any of our neighbors. We have been through hard times before. We know the routine.

LOL, you will enjoy this... I am actually going to post a thread about the fallacy of bugging out.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Michigan Swamp Buck - 05-21-2023

Definitely don't want to reveal your resources. It's not just Mormons and farmers that are targets, it's people who are better off and have a lot of stuff in general. Not to mention those who are known preppers or "hoarders".

The general idea is the desperadoes, a group that includes criminals, the have nots and unprepared, the military (if they need it), who ever, they will spread from the urban centers outward into the surrounding country side as raiders and take whatever the rural people have by force.

I think the locals will present the most problems before the raiders arrive, they will have the knowledge of what is available and probably hit the soft targets like ware houses or what have you first.

The movie "Panic in the Year Zero" starring Ray Milland and Frankie Avalon, that is pretty close to what to expect, from a black and white, early sixties cold war era point of view.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Snarl - 05-21-2023

(05-21-2023, 12:23 AM)Infolurker Wrote: LOL, you will enjoy this... I am actually going to post a thread about the fallacy of bugging out.

Please start on Day 10, because most of the guys he was talking about in that video are gonna be dead by the end of Day #9.

Know what I like to ask _serious_ peppers when it's just me and them in the room: "And, just how many sets of handcuffs and leg-irons do you own already?"

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 05-21-2023

(05-21-2023, 01:45 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(05-21-2023, 12:23 AM)Infolurker Wrote: LOL, you will enjoy this... I am actually going to post a thread about the fallacy of bugging out.

Please start on Day 10, because most of the guys he was talking about in that video are gonna be dead by the end of Day #9.

Know what I like to ask _serious_ peppers when it's just me and them in the room: "And, just how many sets of handcuffs and leg-irons do you own already?"

Most Roads Are Currently Leading To The Same Destination

I think it is time to post something very useful for anyone who will listen and take action.

To start off. Let's define Normalcy bias.

Quote:

Normalcy bias, or normality bias, is a cognitive bias which leads people to disbelieve or minimize threat warnings. Consequently, individuals underestimate the likelihood of a disaster, when it might affect them, and its potential adverse effects.

About 70% of people reportedly display normalcy bias during a disaster.

If 70% of people display normalcy bias during a disaster, what is the % before the disaster who did not heed the obvious warning signs?

Currently most people are falling prey to this even though the warning signs are all around us. Regardless if you believe the vaccines will kill people, cause ADE, cause viral mutations or that there will be worse strains coming due to one cause or another, most roads lead to the same destination which is continued hyperinflation, labor shortages, supply shortages, etc.

Does anyone think that the labor shortages, supply issues, shutdowns, business bankruptcies, and runaway inflation are going to lesson anytime soon? What are the chances it gets worse? I think the chances it gets worse are pretty damned high.

These problems will directly lead into food shortages, rationing, skyrocketing cost, and finally Famine. Most or many roads lead here.

It is reasonable to assume mass migration bigger than anything we have seen so far will occur as the population of poorer nations run to those who still have the means to feed people. If you want an example of this think of the lifeboats on the Titanic.

Crime and Violence will increase rapidly as desperate people do desperate things and law and order break down. We see this happening already.

Of course as nations compete for resources or take advantage of the chaos, war is likely to also occur which will again compound the previous problems.

Question: Do you have faith in your governments to avoid these above mentioned conclusions?

I would ask that you take a moment to over ride your own normalcy bias for a moment and calculate / estimate for yourself on the chances of the above coming to fruitarian.

For those who have just been Red pilled, what do you do to prepare to ensure your family, children, etc. are in a position to better weather the storm?

Prepare!

Food, Water, Shelter, Medicine, tools, and a means to defend or protect those resources.

Currently food is still relatively cheap. 50 pound bags of rice still cost 20 bucks or less. Water barrels and water purification equipment are still relatively inexpensive. Get the stuff you need now while you still can.

Oh, word of advice... Never, ever get on the FEMA bus.

This has been a public service announcement from the Don't be a lemming or someone's long pork foundation

Ass Clown or Legitimate Threat?

https://shtfartofwar.wordpress.com/tag/marauders/

Do you think criminal gangs have a SHTF plan?

https://shtfartofwar.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/do-you-think-criminal-gangs-have-a-s-h-t-f-plan/

https://www.bioprepper.com/
https://woodtrekker.blogspot.com/2013/09/living-off-land-delusions-and.html
https://www.stevespages.com/

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1226771/pg1

https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/policy/army/fm/
https://irp.fas.org/doddir/army/
https://thepreppingguide.com/resources/

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Snarl - 05-22-2023

(05-21-2023, 02:39 PM)Infolurker Wrote: Oh, word of advice... Never, ever get on the FEMA bus.

This has been a public service announcement from the Don't be a lemming or someone's long pork foundation

Laughing

"Long Pork" ... the reference brings back memories of old friends not forgotten.

It sure is good to have you here, Infolurker!!

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Infolurker - 08-22-2023

This part of "The Last Of Us" describes why you NEVER get on the FEMA Truck, Bus, or Train. 

All those people loaded into the back of the trucks are found in a mass grave later.

Good lesson to learn in my opinion, these first 5 mins are funny and relevant. 

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Grace - 08-26-2023

Cheers

This is so true... I can see if people can't do it, but even myself and my husband have a bunch of beans, rice and peanut butter stocked back. You can survive just fine with that, and it doesn't cost much to have at least a month or two's worth just in case. 

Farmers are armed to the teeth... There's no point hitting farms in a SHTF scenario without facing certain death. They ARE ready for the cities to open up on the countryside and will defend what's theirs.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Ninurta - 08-26-2023

(05-21-2023, 01:45 AM)Snarl Wrote:

Due to previous employments, I own 4 sets already... but I don't figure on taking prisoners in a SHTF scenario, so the point is abstract. I also have two sets of body armor, but don't figure on using that, either - too hot and scratchy, and limits mobility too much, but still, I've got it if I need it!

In all honesty, after the first two weeks, fighting is going to be just a minor part of survival. By then, most of the weeds will have been burned. The bigger part is generating and stashing supplies. I think it's TC 31-21a, Caching Techniques, that will be the more important aspect of making it through the first year or two. Raiders can't take your stuff if they can't find it, and having it cached "around" makes un-assing your AO a lot easier and simpler if they do show up unexpected. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day - by ambushing the bastards on their way out. They get what little you have at base, and that's all, while your cached stuff is "out there" to provide your own sustainment, and provide the materiel for your counter-ambush of the Bad Guys on their way out, when they will least expect it. You DO already have the choke-points and ambush positions on all your approaches already mapped out, don't you?

Hanging their corpses in trees on your approaches to rot down as a warning to other would-be raiders is optional. (once the carcasses DO rot down, mounting their skulls on pointy sticks along your approaches can be an effective deterrent against the fainter-hearted wannabe "raiders" - it leaves visitors with a "here there be cannibals" vibe). The more folks you can deter through psychological operations, the fewer you'll have to expend ammo on.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Ninurta - 08-26-2023

Good video. Here are a few points he didn't have time to touch upon.

How many of those folks have even thought far enough ahead to have a battery-powered (off their vehicle batteries) sump-pumps to get gas out of the underground storage tanks when the power grid - and so the power to the pumps - goes down? Not many I'd wager - folks have gotten too used to "always there" electricity to pump their gas for them without thought. So what happens when those folks start running out of gas after one tank full, and their vehicles start clogging up the roads?

The hills are full of hilbillies. They know the lay of the land, and it's support capacity. they are not going to allow interlopers (who do NOT know the terrain as we do) to come in and rape their resources, especially in numbers. I expect that, around here at least, bridges on approaches in will be among the first casualties. That will leave any stalwarts still hell-bent on heading for the hills on foot. Not very many are going to be hardy enough to make that trek... and those few will be easier to deal with, and they WILL be dealt with. We can't afford to just give up what resources we have out here in the hinterlands. Urbanites are better off staying home and raiding their local Costco. They won't live forever that way, but they'll live longer than they will coming out here.

Back in the day, let's say in the 1600's, 1700's and before... back before white folks started coming into these hills, the natives forted up in villages. maybe 200 or 300 folks per village. Now, keep in mind that resources were much greater back then, because they had not been hunted and foraged out, and populations were far lower and more dispersed. Even then, villages were moved on average every 20 years or so as areas were depleted by that village. the whole village would just pick up and move to another location, and start all over again, usually under the same name, because it was the same people. That's why there were 5 separate locations for "Chilicothe" in Ohio for the Shawnee Chilicothe sept. The villages moved occasionally to get fresh resources and let the old location heal and repopulate.

So then, resources are finite out here, and we're not going to let outsiders eat us out of house and home.

Also keep in mind that back in those days, villages tended to disperse in the wintertime. They came together in the spring and summer to raise communal crop fields, but they dispersed in winter time into family-sized "procurement camps" to winter over. This is one of the reasons tribal areas were so big - it takes a lot more than one would think to sustain a population, and they had to have enough area to disperse into that they wouldn't deplete the entire territory.

We know how to take care of our territory out here, and even at that it's not going to be easy... no way in hell we'll let invaders come in and ruin the land for US! Urbanites are better off bugging in than bugging out - most of them will never see home again if they try to come out here and displace us. You remember all the stories of explorers (and more recently "revenooers") who went into the wilderness and never came back out? There's a reason for that.

They'll just end up with their heads on poles at someone's gate.

RE: Raiders, Marauders, And You - Things To Be Aware Of Before SHTF (Especially Mormons) - Snarl - 08-27-2023

(08-26-2023, 07:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I've got it if I need it!

That's what'll matter (I think). Doubtful you'll be able to 'get' anymore once SHTF. What you see around you today is gonna be as good as it gets.

(08-26-2023, 07:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote: In all honesty, after the first two weeks, fighting is going to be just a minor part of survival. By then, most of the weeds will have been burned. The bigger part is generating and stashing supplies. I think it's TC 31-21a, Caching Techniques, that will be the more important aspect of making it through the first year or two. Raiders can't take your stuff if they can't find it, and having it cached "around" makes un-assing your AO a lot easier and simpler if they do show up unexpected. He who fights and runs away lives to fight another day - by ambushing the bastards on their way out. They get what little you have at base, and that's all, while your cached stuff is "out there" to provide your own sustainment, and provide the materiel for your counter-ambush of the Bad Guys on their way out, when they will least expect it. You DO already have the choke-points and ambush positions on all your approaches already mapped out, don't you?

There's one road in that would make for a fast approach. Several candidate trees I can drop and drag across that. I figure I can feed and water the first 'smart' dumbass interloper as a talking deterrent to anyone who didn't understand what the first barricade was up for. Got a walkie-talkie for him to sing-out with to boot. Anyone coming in from any other direction is gonna have to deal with the neighbors before they get to my place. Most of them are better off than us in appearance and even the mormons out this way are armed to the teeth.

Funny you mention caching. I started putting up (down actually) bulk rations about a year and a half ago. Army surplus (if you know who to get it from) is much better than any tax refund. The problem (always) is 'proper' space. Getting to it can be a bitch too. Had to fill the pickup yesterday with grub for today's social. You wouldn't wanna do that all by yourself when one can weighs 6 1/2lbs. Yeah ... not too worried about anyone doing a hit-and-run on my place. If they're coming ... they likely mean business.

Beyond that, I had the wife think through how much glass we'd need (everyone considered) if we became 'really' cut-off. Again, it was 'bulk' that made costs very affordable. I think the retail price of a mason jar seal is over a dime ... but, they can be got for a penny. Probably priceless if we ever get down to a bartering economy.

(08-26-2023, 07:22 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The more folks you can deter through psychological operations, the fewer you'll have to expend ammo on.

Nothing to worry about in the ammo department. But, from what I've seen around the world in SHTF 'environments' there's never a shortage of slicky-boys and troublemakers. Never ... a ... shortage. Not any known deterrent for their type that I know of either. Just have to end 'em.

Right now: Silver is up | Gold is down ... but, you can get two kilos of silver for what you'd pay for an ounce of gold.
-Sum Ting Wong