Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Spirits and the Spiritual (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=81)
+--- Forum: The Paranormal World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=83)
+--- Thread: Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science (/showthread.php?tid=566)

Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-03-2023

"Our study demonstrates that among children who describe memories of a past life, a strong association exists between gender nonconformity and memories of a life as a member of a different sex."

Researchers from the University of Virginia studied 469 children who claim to have memories of past lives and, using "logistic regression," a form of statistical analysis, they found that "children who remembered a life involving a different natal sex were much more likely to exhibit [gender nonconformity] than children who remembered a same-sex life."

The study was published in the International Journal of Sexual Health, and Jim Tucker, one of the paper's co-authors and a psychologist at the University of Virginia Division of Perceptual Studies, is one of the foremost reincarnation scholars in the field.

Quote:Childhood Gender Nonconformity and Children’s Past-Life Memories (10 pg PDF)

Division of Perceptual Studies, Department of Psychiatry and Neurobehavioral Sciences, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

ABSTRACT

Objectives: This study examines childhood gender nonconformity (GNC) in conjunction with the phenomenon in which young children describe memories of a purported previous life. Methods: In a case-control study of 469 children reporting past-life memories, we used logistic regression to examine predictors of GNC, measured by documented gender nonconforming behaviors. Results: Children who remembered a life involving a different natal sex were much more likely to exhibit GNC than children who remembered a same-sex life.

Conclusions: After exploring potential explanations, we conclude that past-life memories represent a novel factor that may be associated with the development of GNC.

Cases of the reincarnation type

The phenomenon of children claiming to remember a “previous life” occurs in many countries around the world (Stevenson, 2001). For the past 50 years, researchers have systematically collected, studied, and reported in the literature such cases under the term cases of the reincarnation type (CORTs) and have found common features among them. These children start talking spontaneously about a life as another individual (referred to as the “previous personality” or PP), typically beginning around the age of 2 to 5 and ending by the age of 6 to 8. In some cases, the details provided by the child about the PP are so specific that they allow for the identification of a
deceased person who closely matches the account of the child.

Methods
CORT database

More than 2200 cases of the reincarnation type from various countries have been investigated and documented by the University of Virginia Division of Perceptual Studies according to an investigational protocol developed by Stevenson (1977a). Once a new case is identified, a trained investigator conducts thorough interviews with the child and his/her parents and closest relatives who serve as firsthand informants for the specifics of each case. The goal of these investigations is to evaluate systematically the evidence for different explanations of each case, including those of an anomalous nature. To standardize the collection of evidence across cases and investigators, the investigators use a registration form that includes a checklist of salient features of CORTs to guide the interviews. All interviewed informants provide informed consent and child participants provide assent, and the study is approved by the university’s Institutional Review Board for Social and Behavioral Sciences.

Discussion

Our study demonstrates that among children who describe memories of a past life, a strong association exists between gender nonconformity and memories of a life as a member of a different sex. It is unclear whether one causes the other or if they travel together as two parts of one over-all process.

To explore the question of whether the presence of GNC can lead a child to report past-life memories, we considered scenarios in which parents, believing in reincarnation, would be most likely to interpret GNC as an indication that a child had a past life as a member of a different sex.

Conclusions

Among children who report memories of a previous life, gender nonconformity is strongly associated with a purported life as a member of a different sex. This association may offer insights into contributors to gender nonconformity in children who do not express such memories. In clinical settings, when past-life memories are present in conjunction with GNC, it may be beneficial to address this connection in focused psychotherapy. It is possible that currently unidentified hormonal or neurochemical factors could predispose affected children to both phenomena, or as Stevenson and Keil (2005) suggested, perhaps a previously unrecognized factor of consciousness may be involved.

Tucker, the author of the book Return to Life: Extraordinary Cases of Children Who Remember Past Lives, has reportedly compiled the largest database of past-life accounts in the world, and, as he has found, plenty of people insist they have memories of a life before this one.

I've also read when it comes to the reasons for gender nonconformity it's a simple question with a complex answer... but 'past lives' is not one of them.

This is not the first time this weird idea has been proposed. Many folks have speculated upon past lives and trans identities:

An Old Essay - TransGender Theory

RE: Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science - Freija - 05-03-2023

This is interesting despite of the whole woo factor thing.

Our dearly departed fearless leader expressed leanings this way and even my own mother conjectured similar thoughts.

I've even wondered sometimes if my transsexualism and the problems and pitfalls that go with it are a way of paying off a karmic debt accrued in a past life? I don't recall any past lives or anything and don't remember doing so as a very GNC child but I have had flashes of something pretty awful and traumatic from sometime in the 1920s but have always attributed them to a forgotten movie I watched or something I read.

Not into the whole afterlife/reincarnation thing.

RE: Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science - Ninurta - 05-04-2023

I'm not into the whole reincarnation thing, either. For most of my life, I actively denied that possibility, mostly on mathematical grounds - 1) it's like saying the universe doesn't have enough unique souls to go around, so some folks have to deal with hand-me-downs, and 2) there are more people alive now, in this instant, than ALL of the people who have previously lived combined, so if EVERYONE who had ever lived before were reincarnated now, we still wouldn't have enough souls to go around to animate everyone alive today... and I just couldn't see a way to make that work, mathematically.

Lately, in the past couple of years however, I have admitted to the possibility of reincarnation. I have a peculiar theory of it that I won't bore you with, though.

I also have flashes, mere snippets, of "memory" of places I've never been and things I've never done. Could be reincarnation, could be that I'm just batshit crazy, too.

There are a number of people who have "past life memories", and of those, quite a number seem to have recollections of the opposite gender or sex or whatever the accepted Term of the Day is for when you have different dangly bits. Not all of them are transgendered, but some of them seem to be. So then we get into a "chicken or the egg" scenario are they transgender due to past memories, or do they have other-gender past memories because they are trans?

Or is it something else altogether, like a matter of having to work off Karma previously incurred as a debt?

RE: Gender Reincarnation Afterlife science - Chiefsmom - 05-04-2023

I strongly believe in reincarnation.
Most of the books I've read, don't focus on gender unless it pertains to the past life, but most have been male and female in different lives.

Which makes sense, if you are comprised of your soul, or just energy, you sex would be indeterminable.
Until you took your next "shell"
And if it really is about life lessons and raising your energy, than you would pick a life and gender that would give you the lessons you need to learn.