Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good (/showthread.php?tid=533)

Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Michigan Swamp Buck - 04-18-2023

I liked the news feed I had on Parler. I joined this social media platform just before it got cancelled and stuck with it through all the problems that were caused by the political attacks that cancelled it. I usually come here and ATS, then another forum then Parler and a few other after that if necessary. Now some media group called Starboard owns it since April 14th, they have put up one page informing Parler members of this buyout. Here is the Parler home page notice . . .

Quote:Alexandria, VA – April 14, 2023 – Starboard (Formerly, Olympic Media) announced today that it has concluded the acquisition of Parler, the world’s pioneering uncancelable free speech platform.
No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more. By refocusing on the cloud and IT infrastructure space George Farmer has done an exceptional job at successfully leading Parlement into a critically important industry where it has already begun to excel.
Starboard is the perfect home for the Parler brand and its longtime loyal users. “Parler’s large user base and additional strategic assets represent an enormous opportunity for Starboard to continue to build aggressively in our media and publishing business. The team at Parler has built an exceptional audience and we look forward to integrating that audience across all of our existing platforms.” said Ryan Coyne, CEO of Starboard.
While the Parler app as it is currently constituted will be pulled down from operation to undergo a strategic assessment, we at Starboard see tremendous opportunities across multiple sectors to continue to serve marginalized or even outright censored communities – even extending beyond domestic politics.
Advancements in AI technology, along with the existing code base and other new features, provide an opportunity for Starboard to begin servicing unsupported online communities – building a home for them away from the ad-hoc regulatory hand of platforms that hate them. The terms of the acquisition are not being disclosed although Starboard expects the deal to be accretive by the end of Q2 2023.

If you try to access the Starboard home page it has even less information. I never saw any announcement on Parler or got any notice that I know of in the email I associated with Parler.

I was worried when ATS went down the first time, panic is more like it. I don't really know what to make of this and am going to have to use other social media more now that Parler is off line. It looks as if it will be gone for good, that blows for me, I really liked that platform and went to it daily.

Quote:Parler's new owner immediately took the social network offline 'No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business.' Jon Fingas|@jonfingas|April 14, 2023 12:56 PM

Months after Ye dropped his bid, Parler has a new owner... and is out of commission for the time being. Starboard, the owner of pro-conservative news outlets like American Wire News, has shut down Parler on a temporary but indefinite basis after completing its acquisition of the social network from Parlement Technologies. The buyer says it will conduct a "strategic assessment" of the platform during the downtime, and hopes to integrate Parler's audience into all its existing channels.

Starboard isn't shy about its strategy. While it still sees a market for communities that believe they've been censored or marginalized, it considers a Parler revamp virtually necessary. "No reasonable person believes that a Twitter clone just for conservatives is a viable business any more," the company says.

Parler launched in 2018 as a self-proclaimed free speech alternative to Twitter, which some conservatives claim is biased against right-wing views. It had few rules or moderation controls. Like Gab, though, it also became a haven for people with extreme views. Parler drew flak in January 2021 after word that people involved in the Capitol attack used the social platform to coordinate. Apple and Google kicked Parler off their respective app stores until it improved moderation and kept out users inciting violence.

Ye offered to buy Parler from Parlement in late 2022 after being banned from Twitter for antisemitic posts, but called off the deal in mid-November through a mutual agreement that cited the star's "business difficulties" as a factor. Soon after, Parlement laid off most of its staff. The firm is pivoting to cloud services for businesses that believe they could be knocked offline for their content.

Actually, now that they pulled this, I will refuse and cancel anything they try to connect my Parler membership to. This kind of behavior is in bad faith and I will refuse to join any current or new platform owned by Starboard. It was good while it lasted. I won't be checking out anything by Dan Bongino anymore either, he should have made some kind of announcement (maybe he did I don't pay much attention to him anyways). It's a good thing I have a number of alternatives I can fall back onto (Like Rouge-Nation).

https://parler.com/

https://starboard.co/

Article Link

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Michigan Swamp Buck - 04-19-2023

No replies from the Rouges? Much the same happened in my last thread here. As a retreat from from the late great ATS, I've come to expect something more. I get more action on dead boards like Hernando's.

I liked Parlor, it was my third bookmark from the top, Rouge-Nation is at number six now and may drop off way down there by Facebook. I hope that riles up some members here that Rouge-Nation may drop below Facebook in my book marks. Based on the responses here lately, no one gives a shit anymore it seems. Well, it is to be expected as no one really gives a fuck about anything these days, esp. what I may think.

To hell with the world, nothing good ever happens when you leave the farm anyways. I should disconnect and see if I am missed anywhere, I doubt it though.

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - CelticBanshee3 - 04-20-2023

Thanks for the heads up! I never really used it, cant remember if I even signed up. My SIL is a big time user, will ask her if she has noticed anything. Yes, we are running out of places to speak our minds without being banned.  Angry

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Freija - 04-20-2023

Maybe no one responded because nobody cares?

Personally, I see the loss of a right-wing echo chamber as nothing but a win.  Smile

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Ninurta - 04-20-2023

(04-20-2023, 07:27 PM)Freija Wrote: Maybe no one responded because nobody cares?

Personally, I see the loss of a right-wing echo chamber as nothing but a win.  Smile

Right wing?

I never used it because it was too far to the Left. I didn't feel any need for any more Authoritarianism in my life. So I never responded because I never used it, and so did not have a valid opinion on it to respond with.

Then again, I'm so far to the Right that Attila the Hun is to my Left, so it shouldn't be surprising that I saw Parler as a Left-wing organ.

Attila, by the way, was not an Authoritarian, either. Stone cold killer for sure, but once he conquered a place, he pretty much left it to run on auto-pilot.

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Michigan Swamp Buck - 04-21-2023

I guess I wanted to join because the left were after it to destroy it, so I felt it must have had value. Then I set up the news feed with news I could use. Basically I followed things I had in my bookmarks but it provided it for me in a news feed. I followed some people I liked there too and as far as it compared to other social media like Gab, it had less Nazi anti-Jewish hate stuff. Basically I supported it because they wanted to cancel it. Now they sold out and I feel betrayed after giving it my support.

(04-20-2023, 07:27 PM)Freija Wrote: Maybe no one responded because nobody cares?

Thanks for responding and actually I agree to an extent, however, there are far more leftist echo chambers and there never has been any balance.

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - Freija - 04-21-2023

Parler Could Get a Spin-Off by Disgruntled Former Employees

Quote:Disgruntled former Parler employees are pushing back against Starboard’s acquisition of the platform, saying they will create their own version of the far-right social media site that fulfills its original goals. Known for its role in the January 6 attack on the Capitol, the platform is reportedly heading in a direction that has frustrated its former staff.

"Parler management are straight up faggots,” Dennis Harrison, whose LinkedIn lists him as lead engineer at the company, wrote in a private Discord server viewed by The Daily Beast. “They ruined something good.

"A Twitter clone for conservatives"

Quote:Parler markets itself as a “free speech” platform and does not adhere to the typical practices of monitoring hate speech, inciteful posts, or moderate right-wing extremists on its site.

Again I say good riddance!

RE: Parler Soldout May Be Gone For Good - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-22-2023

I looked into Parler back in summer of love 2020 when many of Trump loyalists were flocking to it, but I didn't like it. I've always suspected Parler = Honeypot, as is many of the social media gathering platforms. There are bits of truth in between the gray matter, but the waters are always littered with shiny magnetic objects aka ARG mines of deception & chaos.

[Image: X1B0jE1.jpg]

Parler was founded by John Matze and Jared Thomson in Henderson, Nevada in 2018, and heavily funded by Rebekah Mercer, the daughter of billionaire Robert Mercer, a hedge fund manager and the co-founder of the now-defunct political data-analysis firm Cambridge Analytica. She was also on the executive committee of Trump's transition team in 2016 and she introduced Steve Bannon to Trump. Honey is money.

[Image: PbuJSlr.jpg]

The owners had said they have over 200,000 accounts from Saudi Arabia, mostly loyal to MbS. source

As of June 2020, Parler had 30 employees. Parler is funded by Angel investors. Another potential red flag for me concerning social media. source

The owner said in an interview on June 29, 2020 that the business was not profitable. Fox News

[Image: attachment.php?aid=623]
How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations - article from 2014, but still relevant, more so than ever today.

The so-called "Dead Internet Theory" is perhaps about 50% true right now. The advent of Social Media, gaming the search engines, demoting blog sites & various other websites and they overlayed the old Internet with selected influencers, paid shills & big media websites so you don't access it anymore and not able to find archived info and just go with whatever is spoon fed in a never ending echo chamber feed of (doom)scrolling, which creates a continuous feedback loop to control what you see/read and never get grounded in any subject matter, unlike real books printed on real paper. Back during the Obama late era they turned over ICANN to private sector stakeholders - gov't oversight was banished.

They went full bonzai with the RussiaGate disinfo campaign starting in 2016 (CIA Bot farm), all this was going on in 2016-18. Followed by the great wave of purges starting in 2019 on FB, Twit, Youtube and even 8Chan was shutdown for a brief period. The DoD activated 16 million new IP's in private military cyberspace 3 minutes after Biden was sworn in. Which all that changed the Internet on a vast scale along with weaponized influencer bots & vast armies of sock puppets that the Pentagon was rolling out back in 2013-14 on the foreign conflicts like Syria. No telling how advanced they may really be when you consider they rolled out that ridiculous ChatGPT to the masses. Recall when Elon took over Twitter he said the bots are a massive problem that went well beyond his imagination of capabilities.

Remember this one: YouTube cancels billions of music industry video views after finding they were fake or 'dead' - that was back in 2012! And just one example. Today it's wildly rampant everywhere and far worse than most know.

IMO, the goal of social media is to create a perfect cybernetic feedback loop. Think of yourself as a living being as a node in a giant computer Matrix and the computer is another node in this giant cluster Matrix and you sometimes represent something that does not go along with the determined algorithmic system that they want. You're a virus, you're a rogue program. This is literally to the technocrat mindset because they view you as meat computers, programmable meat sacks. Now, some of the meat sacks aren't following the program correctly and so in order to make you into compliant meat sacks that will end your lives and you don't get to go into the future. They want to embed inputs that alter you so that you give the correct output. 

[Image: CV679KB.jpg]

So, just imagine what $44 billion buys!....

[Image: x5GTZPd.jpg]
Now try to ascertain his meaning of "light of consciousness".

Basically, it's social engineering to alter your output, meaning the way you act, the way you live, the way you think & interact with others, they want the perfect feedback loop. That's literally what the technocrats at MIT aka father of AI, Norbert Weiner and the cybernetics people have said in the past. If you think of it like that and the whole purpose of social media and the reason they would flood it with all this fake media and the bot stuff is to change everyone's modus operandi, to socially engineer and alter people to make them into nodes in the system. The younger people out there who didn't experience the Internet as it used to be. The Internet of today is vastly different before the advent of the Internet connected cell phone or the mass adoption of the home computer.

The feedback loop isn't just to reinforce your pre-existing beliefs. It's also to eventually over time turn you and mold you into the beliefs that the system wants you to have ingrained, interlinked & interlocked. It's a long-term social engineering tool that adapts over many, many continuous iterations.

Look at the Youtube platform, it was opened up for freedom & innovation and creativity where tens of millions of people flocked to it, built it up and then it flips and turns into a complete top-down control mechanism. This is a consistent pattern that we've seen and really all of Silicon Valley has this libertarian layer on it and then when the people come in with all their creativity they don't know the bigger game plan. They build this nightmare system and the system flips and turns on them and then they've sold out and run away with their billions of dollars.

I wonder if part of the war here is on the creative people, thus the reason we're seeing this flood of AI into the art world, film & TV, movies & video games because its intent is to crush & destroy the creative element in humans.

- Demoralization
- Destabilization
- Crisis
- Normalization

Some of the cultural doctors even talked about controlling the imagination like Gregory Bateson and entities like Disney existed as a means to control the imagination. Now they're moving into the phase of crush the human Spirit, human creativity and imagination taking it to the next level. And that's what actually Klaus and his sidekick Yuval Noah Harari has said...that we don't need human Free Will anymore, Free Will is an illusion, does not exist. His words not mine.

[Image: qGP8out.jpg]

I think they're going to basically disrupt and destroy the Internet from within so they can usher in Internet era 3 which will be some kind of dystopian control track & trace program where you can't even use it unless you sign on with some kind of biometric authenticated Identity.

Big social media things exist to keep you sucked in and stuck on Tik-Toc, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube/Google. You can tell when they threw a raging hyper fit when Twitter got exposed and having a tiny bit of freedom they freaked out when Elon exposed their dirty deception of social engineering & mind control. I'm not saying Elon is all good, he has his own ulterior motives, some good and some to only benefit a select few.

The internet was once a collection of human thought both right and wrong and what you found and enjoyed was up to you AND it wasn't monetized to the point of getting as many clicks/retweets as possible or to keep you engaged for as long as possible, it just used to be neat to find cool & interesting websites people designed in circa pre 2010 era. ALL the search engines today are corporate owned and they SUCK big time, unless you know exactly where to go.

According to "Soldiers of Reason - The RAND Corporation and the Rise of the American Empire" (2009) by Alex Abella, the central key think tank mind behind the entire deep state Cold War era that essentially sold everyone on the Cold War propaganda. They created this matrix of how to dialectically steer and control minds throughout that whole period. The idea of an interconnected technocratic AI SkyNet grid to control the world came out of RAND. This also includes knowledge of the human psyche for psychological warfare operations that has gone full retard since 2020.

Abella ends the book with the modern American ideology, the last century is essentially a creation of the RAND Corp. which shifted American society from a production based to consumer based and a welfare state. The early days of the RAND camp were the fathers of the Trotskyite neoconservatism. RAND is dedicated to scientific government > Technocracy.

I could go on & on, but I've probably drifted far enough off the reservation for now.

Take a moment to clear the mind and listen to the heart.

[Image: wAwCaX0.jpg]