Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Another ATS short story called under the table - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Imaginarium (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=114)
+--- Forum: Short Stories (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Another ATS short story called under the table (/showthread.php?tid=515)

Another ATS short story called under the table - 727Sky - 04-10-2023

I think most people of my generation believed in the scientific endeavor of creating something good out of applied science and research; even though the atom was cracked for war, death, and destruction my generation still believed science could save us and create a better world for everyone.

There were rumors and movies about some A.I. taking over and relegating humans to noting more than waiters waiting on their A.I. Masters (if the A.I. permitted humans to survive at all but those were just movies for box office receipts.)

What was being missed (more or less under the table) was the research into genetic editing that was going on around the world to create smarter faster healthier individuals by gene splicing and editing. There were restrictions in Western countries because such science was considered Taboo yet, in other countries (China in particular) there was only lip service as they proceeded with their plans to create a super human in both brains and brawn as their morals contained no such Taboo against this type of research and development. The Chinese as of 2022 already had an average I.Q. of 105 where other poorer countries were lucky to have anything over an I.Q. Of 65/80 which was adequate for most subsistence living and breeding yet you could not expect any scientific breakthroughs from such a society.

Other factors come in, such has having your greatest minds try to figure out how many Angels can dance on the head of a pin or creating new and better ways to suppress the females in your society through scripture; either of which does not help any real scientific endeavor, especially when females are quite capable of being smarter than the suppressors.

Back in 2018 a Chinese research Doctor claimed he had created three babies who were born with natural immunity against AIDS.. He was sentenced to three years in jail for his creations; not because of what he had created but because he was showing just how far along the research was progressing in spite of the Chinese saying to the world they were not creating designer babies..

By 2022 the Chinese had gone into full production mode of their new and improved designer babies. They had two sets they were developing.

I suppose you could call one set the super intelligent and the other set the bigger faster stronger military set. They finally figured out they could have both traits in the same individual so production was once again ramped up as young women were forceably used to give birth to these new creations whether they wanted to or not (they were paid and received a certificate calling them Exalted Birthers; some birthed 12 children). After birth these babies were taken by the state and nurtured and educated to help foster and bring out their incredible traits for the betterment of the Chinese race. (The Spartans could have learned a few things from this education system as it was cruel and very strict. When some child faltered they were usually not given a second chance depending on their age). Little did those who were in control realize that in just 20 years these super soldiers and deep thinkers would formulate a plan to dispose of the current Chinese leadership, They completely restructured Chinese society so they were the top dogs and everyone else no matter where or what country they lived in were there to serve them or die.

The End

RE: Another ATS short story called under the table - 727Sky - 04-13-2023

Missing 411

Quote:I woke up with a dry mouth and as I ran my tongue over my teeth, they felt like they were wearing dirty socks.

“Water, I need water I tried to croak out between dried lips.”

The room was dark and as far as I knew I was alone or maybe I was blind to ? As I tried to sit up I realized my head, arms, and legs were bound to the platform I was laying upon.

“ What to hell is going on” ?

Questions rattled around in my mind as I could not remember how I got in this situation much less, why I was here ?

By the time someone turned a light on, which thoroughly blinded me for a few moments, I was completely pissed at this situation and my horrible thirst for water !

“ Can I have some Water please I tried to say,”

But there was no answer and the only sound I could detect was some shuffling behind the platform I was tied to.

“Hello, Can I have some f***ing water!”

A few more shuffling sounds and then a mechanical arm approached the right side of my head which held a container with a straw. I tried turning my head to grasp the straw with my lips but my head was almost immovable because the band across my forehead was so tight. I really had to struggle to grab the straw with my lips. I sucked on that straw and was rewarded with some luke warm water that in my present state of dehydration was the most wonderful thing I could think of.

20 minutes later I was paralyzed and I could tell I was losing conscience. My last thought was, “Why?”

“ Leave this specimen here until we return to home base. Do not feed it or loosen the bindings unless I say so.”

“Yes master, your wish is my command.”

The End