Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Why I Am A Hypocrite - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Documentaries (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=134)
+--- Thread: Why I Am A Hypocrite (/showthread.php?tid=474)

Why I Am A Hypocrite - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-28-2023

I don't for one second believe that big businesses, or any government, in any form, gives a damn about any life on this planet. I know that everything they do is strictly about the money.

I am a hypocrite, because practically everything that I have that was manufactured, has poisoned and contaminated people, land, water, and animals somewhere on this planet. I am a hypocrite because I spend money on those things that are bringing many harm, and I fight to stop those businesses from doing their business in my country. Knowing that it will stop nothing, because they will just take that destruction some place else.

What they are doing is wrong. Me supporting them by buying their products is wrong. I am aware and I try to avoid being duplicitous in this wrong. But I am still guilty and bear some responsibility.

How governments and businesses can claim that they are concerned about this planet and global warming, when they are poisoning almost everything we touch, shows just how much of a lie it all is.

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - SomeJackleg - 03-29-2023

(03-28-2023, 08:12 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: I don't for one second believe that big businesses, or any government, in any form, gives a damn about any life on this planet. I know that everything they do is strictly about the money.

I am a hypocrite, because practically everything that I have that was manufactured, has poisoned and contaminated people, land, water, and animals somewhere on this planet. I am a hypocrite because I spend money on those things that are bringing many harm, and I fight to stop those businesses from doing their business in my country. Knowing that it will stop nothing, because they will just take that destruction some place else.

What they are doing is wrong. Me supporting them by buying their products is wrong. I am aware and I try to avoid being duplicitous in this wrong. But I am still guilty and bear some responsibility.

How governments and businesses can claim that they are concerned about this planet and global warming, when they are poisoning almost everything we touch, shows just how much of a lie it all is.

the way i see it, is most people don't really have a choice, and it would be very difficult for those that do not to buy something from some of them seeing how many companies own other brands that your not aware of.

here is just one example of what i'm saying. i do my best not to by anything that says Nestles on it because of the stance they took on right to water. that may have changed not sure but i haven't changed my mind about them. anyway here is a link to companies they own. some of the products i really liked and enjoyed, but i haven't bought any of them in many years.

Everything Owned by Nestlé

i think be the best you can do is to try and be mindful of who owns what, and pick your battles.

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 01:02 AM)SomeJackleg Wrote: the way i see it, is most people don't really have a choice, and it would be very difficult for those that do not to buy something from some of them seeing how many companies own other brands that your not aware of.

here is just one example of what i'm saying. i do my best not to by anything that says Nestles on it because of the stance they took on right to water. that may have changed not sure but i haven't changed my mind about them. anyway here is a link to companies they own. some of the products i really liked and enjoyed, but i haven't bought any of them in many years.

Everything Owned by Nestlé

i think be the best you can do is to try and be mindful of who owns what, and pick your battles.

Fancy Feast!!!!!

My cats love that stuff! Everything else on the list I I never buy, but they like the Fancy Feast.

You are right. Most of the time you end up swapping the devil for the witch.

Almost all of them are greedy, conniving, demons.

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - OmegaLogos - 03-29-2023

Explanation: A picture paints a thousand words eh ...

[Image: 57ebc2d7077dcc0f208b7830-800x400.png]

The Sooner You Know That Only 10 Companies Control Everything You Buy The Better

[Image: 6-media-giants-that-control-the-news.jpg]These 6 corporations control 90% of the media outlets in America. The illusion of choice and objectivity

Personal Disclosure: ...

Quote:“I don’t have to tell you things are bad. Everybody knows things are bad. It’s a depression. Everybody’s out of work or scared of losing their job. The dollar buys a nickel’s worth. Banks are going bust. Shopkeepers keep a gun under the counter. Punks are running wild in the street and there’s nobody anywhere who seems to know what to do, and there’s no end to it. We know the air is unfit to breathe and our food is unfit to eat, and we sit watching our TVs while some local newscaster tells us that today we had fifteen homicides and sixty-three violent crimes, as if that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

[i]We know things are bad – worse than bad. They’re crazy. It’s like everything everywhere is going crazy, so we don’t go out anymore. We sit in the house, and slowly the world we are living in is getting smaller, and all we say is: ‘Please, at least leave us alone in our living rooms. Let me have my toaster and my TV and my steel-belted radials and I won’t say anything. Just leave us alone.’

[/i]

Well, I’m not gonna leave you alone. I want you to get MAD! I don’t want you to protest. I don’t want you to riot – I don’t want you to write to your congressman, because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write. I don’t know what to do about the depression and the inflation and the Russians and the crime in the street. All I know is that first you’ve got to get mad. (shouting) You’ve got to say: ‘I’m a human being, god-dammit! My life has value!’

So, I want you to get up now. I want all of you to get up out of your chairs. I want you to get up right now and go to the window. Open it, and stick your head out, and yell: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’

[i]I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell – ‘I’m as mad as hell and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Things have got to change. But first, you’ve gotta get mad!…You’ve got to say, ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’ Then we’ll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: ‘I’m as mad as hell, and I’m not gonna take this anymore!’
[/i]

And then take a good fucking deep look in the mirror ... and make a change eh. ...

Man in the Mirror!

Quote:[Verse 1]
I'm gonna make a change
For once in my life

It's gonna feel real good
Gonna make a difference
Gonna make it right

As I turn up the collar on my favorite winter coat
This wind is blowin' my mind

I see the kids in the street, with not enough to eat
Who am I to be blind, pretending not to see their needs

A summer's disregard, a broken bottle top
And one man's soul
They follow each other on the wind, ya know
'Cause they got nowhere to go
That's why I want you to know

[Chorus]
I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you wanna make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make a change

Na-na-na na-na-na nana-nana

[Verse 2]
I've been a victim of a selfish kinda love
It's time that I realize
There are some with no home
Not a nickel to loan
Could it be really me pretending that they're not alone?

A willow deeply scarred, somebody's broken heart
And a washed-out dream

They follow the pattern of the wind, ya see
'Cause they got no place to be
That's why I'm starting with me

[Chorus]
I'm starting with the man in the mirror (Who?)
I'm asking him to change his ways (Who?)
Take a look at yourself and then make a change
I'm starting with the man in the mirror (Who?)
I'm asking him to change his ways (Who?)
Take a look at yourself and then make that change
I'm starting with the man in the mirror (Man in the mirror, oh yeah)
I'm asking him to change his ways (Change his ways)
(Come on, change)

[Bridge]
Take a look at yourself and then make the change
You gotta get it right, while you got the time
'Cause when you close your heart (You can't)
Then you close your mind (Close your, your mind!)

[Chorus]
(That man, that man) I'm starting with the man in the mirror
(That man)
(Ooh!)
(That man, that man) I'm asking him to change his ways
(That man, the man)
(Change his ways, ooh!)
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make that
(Take a look at yourself and then make that)
Change!

[Outro]
Hoo, hoo (Na-na-na na-na-na nana-nana), hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo, hoo!
Gonna feel real good (Oh yeah)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah (Na-na-na na-na-na nana-nana)
Yeah, yeah, oh, oh no
I'm gonna make a change
It's gonna feel real good, shamone (Change)
Just lift yourself, you know
You've got to start with yourself, (Yeah) hoo!
(Make that change) I gotta make that change today, hoo!
(Man in the mirror) You got to, you got to not pick yourself, brother, hoo! (Yeah)
You know (Make that change)
I've gotta get that man, that man (Man in the mirror)
You got to, you got to move, shamone, shamone
You got to stand up (Yeah), stand up (Make that change), stand up, stand up and lift yourself now (Man in the mirror)
Hoo, hoo, hoo! Aaow! (Yeah, make that change)
Go make that change, shamone (Man in the mirror)
You know it, you know it, you know it, you know (Change)
Make that change

You Can Do It!

Quote:What do you do when you have a problem?

Six step guide to help you solve problems
  1. Step 1: Identify and define the problem. State the problem as clearly as possible. ...
  2. Step 2: Generate possible solutions. ...
  3. Step 3: Evaluate alternatives. ...
  4. Step 4: Decide on a solution. ...
  5. Step 5: Implement the solution. ...
  6. Step 6: Evaluate the outcome.

if six is not enough then here you go ...

35 problem-solving techniques and methods for solving complex problems

and if six was to many then here you go ...

4 Methods to do anything.

Here is some help with cat food ok ...

Making Homemade Cat Food--Save Money AND Make Your Cat Happy!

Quote:"Cat food has gone up AGAIN?!"
Once upon a time, several years ago, I found myself in the cat food section at Walmart exclaiming those words, looking at new price tags which displayed that canned Fancy Feast was now 57 cents instead of 54 cents. 57 cents for 3 ounces of.....what, really??
This thought led me down a very lengthy rabbit hole (all while still standing in the cat supplies aisle) of researching whether it was worth it to switch my cat Teddy's canned food to a cheaper brand. I began wrestling with price vs. quality. After reading the ingredients on some of the cheaper brands' cans in front of me, I began Googling the nutritional value of various brands of cat food, and found this chart at catinfo.org. Not unsurprisingly, the "better" options were also the more expensive options. Then I had a lightbulb moment: "Could I just MAKE cat food?"

Fancy Feast Released a Cookbook So Cat Owners Can Coordinate Meals with Their Pets  The human food recipes were created by the cat food brand's in-house chef.

6 Homemade Cat Gravy Recipes (Vet Approved)

Simple Difference. Same Delight.  We’re excited to announce that many of our recipes will be crafted without artificial preservatives or colors. 

Good luck! Cool

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - 727Sky - 03-29-2023

During much of this time Vietnam vets were trying to get medical benefits from Agent Orange exposure (naw man you can drink that stuff it will not hurt a human !).

A friend of mine Bickel had his nails and toe nails turn to mush and of course his kidney's and liver stopped functioning... It was not a nice and pain free death ... I think he was 42 when he finally died back in the 80s...

They did everything they could to delay any kind of indication Dioxin and agent orange was the culprit for all the vets dying from exposure..

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-29-2023

(03-29-2023, 04:14 AM)727Sky Wrote: During much of this time Vietnam vets were trying to get medical benefits from Agent Orange exposure (naw man you can drink that stuff it will not hurt a human !).

A friend of mine Bickel had his nails and toe nails turn to mush and of course his kidney's and liver stopped functioning... It was not a nice and pain free death ... I think he was 42 when he finally died back in the 80s...

They did everything they could to delay any kind of indication Dioxin and agent orange was the culprit for all the vets dying from exposure..

One more reason why I do not understand why anyone thinks that the government is going to save them. 

If voting was the solution how the help did we get here in the first place?

The last president we had that gave a damn about the American people ended his time in office in a coffin. That one move made sure everyone that followed toed the line.

I know I am locked in. I know there is not much I can do, and what little I do will only affect me. I may only be able to throw back one starfish, but maybe throwing it back in the water would do it more harm than good.

I can try. I won’t give up.

Thanks!

Lots to read. Lots to think about.

I know that I am limited in what I can do, and that it will only impact me, but I believe in personal responsibility, and that starts with recognizing the wrongs that I am doing. 

I try to get that damn log out of my own eye, before complaining about the speck in someone else’s.

I will admit that I often make the mistake of thinking that if I can do something everyone else can do it. Not out of ego, but because I think if frail old me can do it, it must be a piece of cake. 

I have to remind myself of how blessed I really am. I still have a bit of my vision. I still have two legs and can still get out of bed and wash myself. I still have enough brain cells to be able to read and make sense of it. All the little things that I often take for granted are true blessings.

I try to reduce my footprint on our amazing little planet, and where I cannot avoid leaving a scar, I try to give something back.

We have been lousy stewards. We can do better. Much better.

RE: Why I Am A Hypocrite - Chiefsmom - 03-30-2023

I am too.

But I really try hard with Nestle, the demons from hell.
The whole water issue hit home with me, when they came into a small town up north where my parents have their cabin.
It was a poor town.  So of course, it brought lots of jobs.
Then peoples wells started drying up.

Well, Nestle wanted to take more gallons per month.
And the town fought them.
And the state let them.

A  holes.