Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The last band I played for - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Guohua's Lounge (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Music and Media Den (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: The last band I played for (/showthread.php?tid=453)

The last band I played for - 727Sky - 03-23-2023

This was recorded in 1966 if I remember correctly ? youtu.be... Dewayne and the Beldettas was the last band I played in before entering the service...cause I wanted to fly.. Dewayne the lead singer died a few years back and Jim our organ player became a PHD professor of music at Okla. University.. Jim could play trumpet, organ, and bass peddle on the B3 organ all at the same time and sound "GOOD!" He did many of our arrangements... We were a large band with a Singer (Dewayne) trumpet player, saxophone, drums, base guitar, lead guitar and organ which back in 66 was rather large. Everyone could play a different instrument besides their primary.. There were times depending on the song we would have 2 Trumpets and two Saxophones playing to make the song sound right... We played everything from top 40 rock to golden oldies... I was making enough to buy top of the line musical equipment and a car and have money left for a girlfriend so I thought I was doing OK.

We did 4 show tunes a night to start a set and one of the show tunes was...... "Lawrence of Arabia" which we always got a standing ovation for our rendition; yes I know Lawrence of Arabia and a rock band but hey it worked.. I remember the fuzz tone and guitar cranked up while I did my best to make ARABIC type sounds which I can still remember getting goose bumps from some of the sounds the amp, fuzz tone, and guitar could make.. On the other hand I hated this song !! youtu.be... but it was a living so.....

I am glad I got out of music as most who stayed in (some very talented) are long dead now for various reasons..

RE: The last band I played for - EndtheMadnessNow - 03-23-2023

Damn, you were musically talented! Very cool, I like them both!!

DeWayne Beggs is a singing sheriff. He's a lawman and a guitar-slinger, ... His band then was called DeWayne and the Beldettas.

Quote:Get Out My Life, Woman 45 (1968)

Allen Toussaint ‎is a legend that needs no real introduction on this web site.  He pioneered New Orleans R&B and funk.  While his solo LPs were good, it was his behind the scenes production and song writing that made him so acclaimed.  Perhaps his biggest contribution to music is “Get Out My Life, Woman” which became the basis for golden era "boom bap" hip hop production with it's tight, sparse drum break intro.  It’s also a great song so many bands and artists have recorded it. Bands that covered "Get Out My Life, Woman" include famously Lee Dorsey, but also Solomon Burke, Dewayne & The Beldettas, The Fireballs, Grassella Oliphant, Hu And The Hilltops, John Schroeder And Orchestra, The Leaves, Bill Cosby,  Iron Butterfly, Q65, The New Apocalypse, Dee Dee, Barry & the Movement, etc.  All these versions include the RAW drum break in the beginning recorded in true 60s/70s analog style.

The music business sure is NOT what it used to be and like actors, I think musicians will sadly one day be replaced by AI entrainment.