Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Guohua's Lounge (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Music and Media Den (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock (/showthread.php?tid=370)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 07-12-2023

This one has the same timing slam and chords as Van Halen's top tunes I like so here ya go727sky -

only 1/2 way to the weekend so far -

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 07-13-2023

[b]Carlos Santana and Buddy Miles. Recorded 1972[/b] at the[b] Sunshine Festival,[/b] inside Diamond Head.

This venue attracted all the top tier rock bands in the 70's usually as the last date on a tour or a vacation stop on a long tour.

Jimi Hendrix was so moved he made a movie there called Rainbow bridge.

They enjoyed it so much their shows were always next level! (and so were the Wahines in the audience!  

Cool

Carlos stopped by about 3 times a year there with his band.

..and a couple lesser known tracks from Santana at Woodstock  -

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 07-17-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - DaphneApollo - 07-17-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-21-2023

Deep Purple - Smoke On The Water (LIVE 1973 HD)

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - DaphneApollo - 07-26-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 08-30-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - EndtheMadnessNow - 08-31-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - Schmoe - 08-31-2023

Anybody like doom?

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - Schmoe - 08-31-2023

Alright, guess I'll try it here too.

I've been on a quest to find a band.  I like the heavy, brutal stuff.  I listen to a lot of slam, like Devourment.  Their sound is good, but I'm looking for something much slower.  I want slow, bone-crushing tempo, with heavy gutturals.  I can't stand the shrieking that gets paired with gutturals, like you get with Infant Annihilator.  I like their sound too, but that shrieking absolutely annoys me.

Something in the vein of this, Chasm of Oceanus, by Disma

I like those songs that change the pace up a lot too, like this one from Texas Murder Crew called Murderous Intent

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 08-31-2023

Hey Schmoe here's a couple I like I think that are in the vein of what you might like.

Next month I will be posting a lot of darker stuff for the festival of All Hallows' Eve.

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - DaphneApollo - 09-17-2023

Otep - Smash the Control Machine

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-19-2023

September 18, 1970: Jimi Hendrix, the iconic guitarist and songwriter, passed away. Known for blending rock, blues, and psychedelia, Hendrix will always be one of rock music’s all time greats.

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - EndtheMadnessNow - 09-24-2023

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - Schmoe - 09-26-2023

(08-31-2023, 10:45 PM)A51Watcher2 Wrote: Hey Schmoe here's a couple I like I think that are in the vein of what you might like.

Next month I will be posting a lot of darker stuff for the festival of All Hallows' Eve.

Sorry for the late reply, I didn't know you responded to me.  Collide wasn't quite what I'm looking for, Melt was more like it though.  Sounded sort of drone, which I like too sometimes.  I'll put on some Sunn 0))) at work, it puts me in a zone.  Thank God I'm allowed to wear earbuds, I'd go insane at work without them.  Well, more insane.  

Just downloaded some more recommendations for work tomorrow, including WeedEater and Electric Wizard.  Those two seem pretty good, but I haven't really heard the vocals yet.  

I know I'm looking for a very specific thing.  Heavy aand slow, brutal and guttural.  Really it doesn't even have to have vocals.  Sunn 0))) has very few vocals, but it's just long, distorted chords.  I'm moreso looking for slow riffs, but HEAVY.  I'm sure there's no bands that only do that, it would get old quick, probably.

RE: Headbangers Melancholy & Classic HARD Rock - A51Watcher2 - 10-02-2023