Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Controversy and Debate (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+--- Forum: Social Unrest and Justice (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=57)
+--- Thread: How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out (/showthread.php?tid=366)

How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-19-2023

I'm sure this or a similar topic has been posted here, but here it goes. I must say I think that most of us have considered what they go over in this article, but it's good for a revue of our options and to get a discussion going.

Quote:How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out Of This Dystopian Future
by Tyler Durden Saturday, Feb 18, 2023 - 02:30 PM

There’s an excellent chance governments worldwide will soon force their citizens to use central bank digital currencies (CBDCs).

CBDCs enable all sorts of horrible, totalitarian things.

They allow governments to track and control every penny you earn, save, and spend. They are a powerful tool for politicians to confiscate and redistribute wealth as they see fit . . .

Would a CBDC have saved the Zimbabwe dollar, the Venezuelan bolivar, the Argentine peso, or the Lebanese lira?

I don’t think so. And a CBDC won’t save the US dollar or the euro either.
But that doesn’t mean governments won’t try implementing CBDCs… with immensely destructive consequences for many people.

While I believe CBDCs will inevitably self-destruct, nobody knows how long it will take for that to happen. Communism was also destined to self-destruct, but it took generations. I don’t think it will take nearly that long for CBDCs to fail, but that’s just my guess.
Therefore, the big question everyone should be asking is this… 

What will you do when the government forces everyone to use CBDCs?

Zero Hedge Article Link

RE: How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - ABNARTY - 02-19-2023

Good stuff! Thanks for posting. 

I have yet to see the benefits for a citizen of any country to use CBDC's. 

I'm sure there must be some besides the "convenience" of not carrying cash. But I have no idea what they are. 

Plus, the down side is too much. Having any and all exchange controlled centrally by the government (or the Jekyll Island monster) is a recipe for certain disaster. 

Wanna' be a slave? CBDC's are a great way to get there.

RE: How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - Ninurta - 02-19-2023

An interesting read, and not entirely inaccurate. I won't be using gold or silver, nor will I be using bitcoin, as I consider all of those to be too unreliable as exchange media, and I see no significant advantages to any of them over CBDCs.

The price (not the "value", of course) of gold and silver have been significantly inflated since the old days, inflated by greedy bastards trying to pump up it's "value" and get something for nothing. Same for silver. Even breaking a Spanish dollar into eight "bits" still leaves too much "price" leaving your hands for not enough "value", so, no, I'll not be using them. Bitcoin is too dependent on technology, technology that can be killed at the flip of a switch or the fry of a power line, so no, I won't be using it, either.

That leaves local organization, barter, and stockpiling... just the way they did things a century ago around here.

Production of commodities or trade of labor in exchange for goods or other services is the way to go, in my opinion... along with that goes a willingness to dig shallow graves in the event someone wants to take what ain't theirs to take out of your own labors.

There are some things that people will ALWAYS need or want, and some of those things come under government sanctions, so it's natural that a thriving black market will evolve around them. Those are the things you'll want to be able to produce and stash for rainy days.

That's just the hillbilly way, I reckon.

The government has successfully, for the most part, tarred and tarnished the label "black market", but in reality all a black market is is a non-government-sanctioned "parallel economy". It's just a parallel economy of the People, by the People, and for the People - and governments hate that shit.

Stockpiling will be necessary, but a sticky business - you'll need to be inventive in hiding stockpiles, else the government or miscreants may come in to try to clean you out. See "shallow graves" listed above.

Another tricky thing will be learning to convert CBDCs into tanglible and storable "money". It's a sure bet that ALL government payments (Social Security, Tax refunds, etc. - including "private company" paychecks if the company is government sanctioned i.e. "licensed" or incorporated) will be paid out in CBDCs, and so getting them off the card and into tangibles will be an imperative, as soon as they appear in your account. The government will have a harder time "cancelling" your money if they can't find it to cancel it, so leaving them in a CBDC account is flirting with disaster. They'll need to be gotten out and stored in other ways that the gov can't pilfer.

I did that during the pandemic with my unemployment payments. As soon as one would hit the card, I pulled it off in cash and stored it elsewhere. I did it so that purchases couldn't be tracked because I was doing all transactions in cash, but the advent of CBDCs will make that process more imperative. What's more, it's unlikely cash will still be available to convert them into, so another vehicle needs to be found and decided upon beforehand.

It goes without saying that I won't be accepting CBDCs as payment for ANY goods or services bartered out locally. No need to have TPTB tracking my activities through them or potentially cutting them off or otherwise making them disappear - there's no profit in that!

Just some thoughts.

RE: How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-20-2023

(02-19-2023, 10:30 PM)Ninurta Wrote: An interesting read, and not entirely inaccurate. I won't be using gold or silver, nor will I be using bitcoin, as I consider all of those to be too unreliable as exchange media, and I see no significant advantages to any of them over CBDCs.

The price (not the "value", of course) of gold and silver have been significantly inflated since the old days, inflated by greedy bastards trying to pump up it's "value" and get something for nothing. Same for silver. Even breaking a Spanish dollar into eight "bits" still leaves too much "price" leaving your hands for not enough "value", so, no, I'll not be using them. Bitcoin is too dependent on technology, technology that can be killed at the flip of a switch or the fry of a power line, so no, I won't be using it, either.

That leaves local organization, barter, and stockpiling... just the way they did things a century ago around here.

Production of commodities or trade of labor in exchange for goods or other services is the way to go, in my opinion... along with that goes a willingness to dig shallow graves in the event someone wants to take what ain't theirs to take out of your own labors.

There are some things that people will ALWAYS need or want, and some of those things come under government sanctions, so it's natural that a thriving black market will evolve around them. Those are the things you'll want to be able to produce and stash for rainy days.

That's just the hillbilly way, I reckon.

The government has successfully, for the most part, tarred and tarnished the label "black market", but in reality all a black market is is a non-government-sanctioned "parallel economy". It's just a parallel economy of the People, by the People, and for the People - and governments hate that shit.

Stockpiling will be necessary, but a sticky business - you'll need to be inventive in hiding stockpiles, else the government or miscreants may come in to try to clean you out. See "shallow graves" listed above.

Another tricky thing will be learning to convert CBDCs into tanglible and storable "money". It's a sure bet that ALL government payments (Social Security, Tax refunds, etc. - including "private company" paychecks if the company is government sanctioned i.e. "licensed" or incorporated) will be paid out in CBDCs, and so getting them off the card and into tangibles will be an imperative, as soon as they appear in your account. The government will have a harder time "cancelling" your money if they can't find it to cancel it, so leaving them in a CBDC account is flirting with disaster. They'll need to be gotten out and stored in other ways that the gov can't pilfer.

I did that during the pandemic with my unemployment payments. As soon as one would hit the card, I pulled it off in cash and stored it elsewhere. I did it so that purchases couldn't be tracked because I was doing all transactions in cash, but the advent of CBDCs will make that process more imperative. What's more, it's unlikely cash will still be available to convert them into, so another vehicle needs to be found and decided upon beforehand.

It goes without saying that I won't be accepting CBDCs as payment for ANY goods or services bartered out locally. No need to have TPTB tracking my activities through them or potentially cutting them off or otherwise making them disappear - there's no profit in that!

Just some thoughts.

I like your perspective on all this Ninurta and I agree with the idea of converting the CBDCs into some commodities that can be then used on the black market (free market). This could get flagged pretty easily when you consider the following from the article . . .

Quote:Undoubtedly, CBDCs will be paired with a sort of social credit system.

Such a system is already in place in China today. In the West, it’s likely to come in a different flavor. Perhaps CBDCs will be paired with an ESG score.

Did you commit a thought crime on social media? Or perhaps you read too many politically incorrect articles online? Did you exceed your monthly meat consumption allowance? Then expect some financial punishment thanks to the CBDCs.

Add to that, "Did you purchase items that could be used on the black market?"

I can see the message that the AI sends me, "We've noticed a pattern in your purchases that indicate you are making moonshine and growing tobacco, both considered contraband for use on the black market. Unless you can prove that this is not what your purchases are for, we are reducing your UBI to 500 credits per month and you will be monitored for further misuse of your account."

Also remember, "you will own nothing . . .", they will take everything you own that has any value starting with your savings, then investments and commodities esp. physical gold and silver then going right down the line until you have nothing but maybe the clothes on your back.

Something that they haven't covered is that you will be forced to go with the program or become an outcast like a feral dog living on the fringe of society. That might work with local organization (more like local resistance) if the outcasts can become organized, however, I was thinking just work up your straw man to be a good little boy under the CBDC-ESG system. Render unto the system and go about a living a whole other life style that subverts it. Let them have the legal fiction they think of as you while you do everything else under the table or what will be called the black market when they convert to CBDC electronic currencies. My concern for the new rules and laws they come up with will only be to not get caught doing what ever I want to do.

RE: How To Resist CBDCs - 5 Ways You Can Opt Out - EndtheMadnessNow - 03-01-2023

Another ZeroHedge article from a week ago...

Quote:US Legislators Introduce Bill That Would Prohibit Creation Of An American CBDC

U.S. Congressman Tom Emmer (R-MN) has introduced a bill that would prohibit the Federal Reserve from issuing a CBDC directly to anyone.

The bill, titled the “CBDC Anti-Surveillance State Act” details that “Except as specifically authorized under this Act, a Federal Reserve bank may not offer products or services directly to an individual, or maintain an account on behalf of an individual, or issue a central bank digital currency directly to an individual.”
It goes on to further detail specifically that “The Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal Open Market Committee may not use any central bank digital currency to implement monetary policy."

Rep. Emmer explained in his tweet announcing the bill that “Any digital version of the dollar must uphold our American values of privacy, individual sovereignty, and free market competitiveness. Anything less opens the door to the development of a dangerous surveillance tool.”

The bill aims to stem the creation of a CBDC due to the various issues many see as potential results of the creation of an American CBDC. As detailed in various Bitcoin Magazine pieces like “The Dangerous Implications Of Central Bank Digital Currencies,” “Central Bank Digital Currencies: A Technocratic Fallacy” and “The U.S. Central Bank Digital Currency Narrative Is A Fantasy,” the idea of a CBDC not only has moral and ideological opposition to it, but technical limitations present challenges that could make such a thing not possible in the first place.

Several Representatives involved in the bill have also voiced their support. Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-GA) released a statement saying that he was “Proud to join forces with Rep. Emmer on legislation to keep the Fed from issuing a central bank digital currency. The Fed should be focused on its core mission of stable prices and max employment, not tracking our transactions indefinitely.”

In addition, Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) reiterated this point, explaining that “unelected bureaucrats are driving us to an authoritarian state. That can't happen.”