Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers (/showthread.php?tid=346)

1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - 727Sky - 02-08-2023

Better than most from that time period

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - A51Watcher2 - 02-08-2023

Ever notice the weapon they used to bring the Saucers down?

Here a photo with the caption ' Experimental radar White Sands 1947'

[Image: KMyiltr.jpg]

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - BIAD - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 08:35 AM)A51Watcher2 Wrote: Ever notice the weapon they used to bring the Sacers down?

Here a photo with the caption ' Experimental radar White Sands 1947'

[Image: KMyiltr.jpg]

That always puzzled me. At Roswell in 1947, it was suggested the object that came down was the result of
mobile radar-testing and as you said, in the movie too the craft were disabled by radar technology mounted
on trucks.

What is it with radar that can have such an effect?
(Fantastic movie, by the way!)
thumbsup2 thumbsup2

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - A51Watcher2 - 02-08-2023

I suspect the reason this movie had such an accurate depiction of the radar that was used, was that in the opening credits of the movie we see Maj. Donald Keyhoe was a consultant to the movie who still had active duty officers who were old friends who gave him inside info on many cases.

Re: radar

I have 2 reports in my 1947 database stating that "it was noted that their new radar (monopulse) appeared to cause one of the craft in the formation to slightly deviate from its flight path."

The 2nd document which is an FBI file says basically the same thing.

Imagine the reaction in the Pentagon when they heard this news. I'm sure they were like "oh REALLY!"and immediately ordered a batch of monopulse radar systems to be upgraded to highest power possible and were deployed around sensitive sites.

I even have a sighting report on the same day of the crash stating the witness saw 2 craft come flying out of formation like a "pop o wheel" (popular roller skating rink activity) and headed SE from there at a downward angle.

My guess is one craft was targeted with the radar which caused a big deviation in its flight path and it made contact with another craft in the formation. 

Ask any Blue Angel pilot what happens if you deviate from your flight path.

Disaster.

Any craft that can fly as fast as these did, HAS to have some sort of forward looking system much like radar since at those speeds you could easily slam into a mountain before you could even blink your eye.

Radar before this time was a wide band transmission system which resulted in a fairly weak signal.

Monopulse however was a beam narrowed down to a pencil sized beam that was much more powerful.

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - Ninurta - 02-08-2023

(02-08-2023, 08:49 AM)BIAD Wrote: That always puzzled me. At Roswell in 1947, it was suggested the object that came down was the result of
mobile radar-testing and as you said, in the movie too the craft were disabled by radar technology mounted
on trucks.

What is it with radar that can have such an effect?
(Fantastic movie, by the way!)
thumbsup2 thumbsup2

Radar is just microwaves focused into a beam by a parabolic reflector - the same principle that focuses light into a beam in a flashlight or torch, but the microwaves are invisible to human sight. So, whatever a microwave can do, a radar beam can do, too, with sufficient motivation. I once saw a radar installation with a beam that was powerful enough to flash-fry birds that flew through the beam up to a certain distance from the antenna, within about 100 or 150 yards.

Ever leave a metal fork, or a patch of tinfoil, in a microwave oven? I don't recommend it, because it can destroy the oven, but until it does, you get a really pretty show of lightning playing along the metal parts, snapping and sparking, electricity induced in the metal via the microwave energy irradiating it. Gotta wonder what that beam could do to electrical and biological systems that were close enough to the emitter to be affected...

That radiant microwave energy is why microwave ovens have a metallic mesh shield in the door - that reflects the microwave energy back into the oven to cook your food, instead of letting it out into the kitchen to bugger up any pacemakers that may happen to be roaming the kitchen.

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - BIAD - 02-21-2023

One of the vehicles used back in 1947 in that area of New Mexico.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=418]
SCR-584 Mobile Radar Unit.
...........................................................................................

A vague report in July 1947 -sadly without a decent source that may interest @"A51Watcher2"#53

"...A few days before a man and his nephew, on the way through Corona stopped to get some water for
an overheated truck and tighten or replace a broken or loose fanbelt. While waiting for the truck to cool down,
with some time to spare, the two sat in the shade drinking a couple of iced cold sodas.

In the process a local merchant or rancher stopped by to see if he could help. He took-up conversation with the
man and in a general, small talk sort of way, asked where they were headed and how the trip was going. The man
said he and the boy had visited Elden Pueblo where a rare meteorite had been buried by prehistoric Native Americans
in a ritual style then to Meteor Crater and were now on their way to Fort Sumner to visit the gravesite of Billy the Kid.

Somehow the topic veered away from meteors and meteorites to the flying saucers that had been sighted the week
before in Washington state. The man, who had basically been in the backcountry for the past few weeks, said it was
the first he had heard of such things. Then taking a stick, he began drawing a nearly circular figure in the dirt.

Pointing to the finished rendition he related that he and the boy had been run off the road "by two of the damn things"
near Williams, Arizona just a couple of days before..."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=419]

RE: 1956 Earth vs The flying Saucers - A51Watcher2 - 02-21-2023

Interesting. A woman who was a secretary at the Pentagon in 1947 was interviewed in the 90's and revealed that the Pentagon had started receiving Flying Saucer reports as early as February of that year and the reports were kept in a folder informally called Project Saucer.

New link for the movie since the old one is now Kaput!