Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Mystery object at the antique store - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: Mystery object at the antique store (/showthread.php?tid=257)

Mystery object at the antique store - VioletDove - 01-09-2023

I’ve seen this item sitting on a shelf here at the antique store for years. I finally got around to asking what it is and the owner doesn’t know. He said nobody he asked knew either. So now it’s bugging me. 

My husband and I knocked around a few theories but we couldn’t find anything on the net that looks like it.

We did find a wick inside of it…

Anybody have any ideas? So far we have discarded smoker, burner, old bug sprayer, part of a whiskey still and even hookah lol.

[Image: IMG_9262.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9263.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9264.jpg]

RE: Mystery object at the antique store - GeauxHomeLittleD - 01-09-2023

Could be some kind of fumigator for a sick room or even for bugs. I do like the idea of a genie's magic lamp though. Give it a rub and report back! 

RE: Mystery object at the antique store - VioletDove - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 04:56 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Could be some kind of fumigator for a sick room or even for bugs. I do like the idea of a genie's magic lamp though. Give it a rub and report back! 

I was thinking bug sprayer. I forgot to mention that it doesn’t open but I guess liquid could be poured into the hole.

I did try rubbing it. No genie, but the chatty coworker showed up, so I’m not rubbing it again.  Laughing

RE: Mystery object at the antique store - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 04:50 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I’ve seen this item sitting on a shelf here at the antique store for years. I finally got around to asking what it is and the owner doesn’t know. He said nobody he asked knew either. So now it’s bugging me. 

My husband and I knocked around a few theories but we couldn’t find anything on the net that looks like it.

Anybody have any ideas? So far we have discarded smoker, burner, old bug sprayer, part of a whiskey still and even hookah lol.

Best guess is an Antique vintage copper hand held blow puffing spray misting pot

(01-09-2023, 06:33 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 04:50 PM)VioletDove Wrote: I’ve seen this item sitting on a shelf here at the antique store for years. I finally got around to asking what it is and the owner doesn’t know. He said nobody he asked knew either. So now it’s bugging me. 

Best guess is an Antique vintage copper hand held blow puffing spray misting pot
Thank you! 

How did you even find that?! I searched for hours!

Although I do wonder if the seller is making that up because I can’t figure out how that would work, or why.

RE: Mystery object at the antique store - EndtheMadnessNow - 01-09-2023

(01-09-2023, 07:06 PM)VioletDove Wrote:
(01-09-2023, 06:33 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote:

Thank you! 

How did you even find that?! I searched for hours!

Although I do wonder if the seller is making that up because I can’t figure out how that would work, or why.

Yea, I kinda wondered too as that was the only source I could find.
If you go back to that store, see if any engraving/lettering on the bottom.

Simple trick for finding sources of images/photos: Go to Google and upload/drag 'n drop your image. It will also transcribe any text from the image so you can copy/search on.

[Image: 4HhulCD.jpg]

Thanks for the image search how to @"EndtheMadnessNow"#18 I knew there was a way but I didn’t know how. 

There is nothing on the bottom, but when I go back I’m going to try what it said in the description. Maybe by using a straw, I’m iffy about putting my mouth on it lol.