Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Coolest Pic in History - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: The Coolest Pic in History (/showthread.php?tid=2251)

The Coolest Pic in History - FlickerOfLight - 07-30-2024

Surfing has always been a passion of mine. Not that I was any good at it, but i loved and enjoyed it just the same. I've followed the Pro Surfing circuit my whole life, and have seen millions of surf pics. They're all "cool" in my book, but recently at the Olympics this picture was taken, and it is The absolute coolest pic in history, imo.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2165]
The guy in the pic is Gabriel Madina from Brazil.

This was taken at a break in the middle of the ocean called Teahupoo (pronounced: chee-o-poo) during the Olympics surfing contest. 

Looks like he's standing on the clouds; while he's actually getting tossed from a giant wave. \lll/

That's the definition of "cool."

RE: The Coolest Pic in History - EndtheMadnessNow - 07-30-2024

That does look photoshopped without the foreground in view. I can definitely see it being authentic in this particular case.

I briefly took up surfing when I was stationed in Hawaii. I made the naive mistake of starting out at North Shore because why not. Long story short is I would of drowned if not for an observant 20 year-old surfer girl who rescued me, dragged my lifeless body to the beach and performed CPR on me...then gave me a lecture on the facts of life in big wave surfing. That night I bought her dinner. I never went surfing again. Well...I did but only at Waikiki...baby waves. I never stepped into the North Shore again except on the beach to take photo's of her on the monster surf. A few years later I got married. My wife heard about my near death story from a social butterfly girlfriend. She later found my stash of photos (surfer girl) and burned them, the negatives too! Oh well.

Here's a cool pic, imo, by Peter Lik:

[Image: 7gY88Gj.jpg]
Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona

RE: The Coolest Pic in History - FlickerOfLight - 07-31-2024

(07-30-2024, 11:29 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: That does look photoshopped without the foreground in view. I can definitely see it being authentic in this particular case.

I briefly took up surfing when I was stationed in Hawaii. I made the naive mistake of starting out at North Shore because why not. Long story short is I would of drowned if not for an observant 20 year-old surfer girl who rescued me, dragged my lifeless body to the beach and performed CPR on me...then gave me a lecture on the facts of life in big wave surfing. That night I bought her dinner. I never went surfing again. Well...I did but only at Waikiki...baby waves. I never stepped into the North Shore again except on the beach to take photo's of her on the monster surf. A few years later I got married. My wife heard about my near death story from a social butterfly girlfriend. She later found my stash of photos (surfer girl) and burned them, the negatives too! Oh well.

Here's a cool pic, imo, by Peter Lik:

[Image: 7gY88Gj.jpg]
Antelope Canyon in Page, Arizona

Taking on the north shore your first time ever paddling out was a huge lesson on surfing, and how it is something that isn't as easy as it looks.

That particular break was observed for 10 years before any modern day surfers (back in the 50's) paddled out into that. It is the most dangerous break in the world. "Pipeline Masters" is held there, and is the superbowl of the professional surfing world. 

The picture is authentic. I tried posting the video of the wave, and him bailing out in style on it, but after 4 attempts of the age restriction I gave up. It's all over the media though, if someone can posy a video of the wave he was riding. One cameraman was in the right place at the right time and got the shot of a lifetime.

He set a new Olympic record in surfing on that wave. He actually scored a 9.0, which is the highest score in Olympic surfing up until that point.

RE: The Coolest Pic in History - OmegaLogos - 07-31-2024

Explanation: Here is the video I found of the event ...

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!  Smile

RE: The Coolest Pic in History - FlickerOfLight - 07-31-2024

(07-31-2024, 07:48 PM)OmegaLogos Wrote: Explanation: Here is the video I found of the event ...

Personal Disclosure: Enjoy!  Smile

Thanks brah!