Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Technology and Advancements (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=77)
+--- Forum: Computers, Internet and the Digital World (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide (/showthread.php?tid=2151)

Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide - Michigan Swamp Buck - 06-17-2024

This article gives a rundown on this concept known as "Constitutional AI", an idea that if properly followed through will hopefully work as an AI control measure. It is not as straightforward as Asimov's Laws of Robotics, but as complex as AI is, it will have to be more like a law book rather than three simple laws.

Quote:Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide
In the swiftly evolving domain of Artificial Intelligence (AI), the overarching emphasis on ethics and security is increasingly prevalent. A salient concept emerging from this landscape is "Constitutional AI." As AI systems gain a foothold in critical sectors such as judiciary, governance, and policy-making, the call for constitutional compliance becomes paramount. This article unveils the world of Constitutional AI, offering a comprehensive understanding tailored for the technically astute reader interested in AI security.

What is Constitutional AI? Defining Constitutional AI
At its essence, Constitutional AI is the convergence of legal frameworks, particularly constitutional principles, with AI systems. The goal is to embed and ensure AI operations are in alignment with the legal and ethical principles enshrined in national constitutions or other foundational legal documents. This means crafting AI systems that not only recognize but respect rights, privileges, and values at the heart of our societal contracts.

www.nightfall.ai

There are many of these AI Constitutions that are being developed but these constitutions are not necessarily based on the U.S. Constitution. No need to worry about that anyway, as Joe Biden has been hard at work on providing us with an AI Bill of Rights.

Quote:Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights

To advance President Biden’s vision, the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy has identified five principles that should guide the design, use, and deployment of automated systems to protect the American public in the age of artificial intelligence. The Blueprint for an AI Bill of Rights is a guide for a society that protects all people from these threats—and uses technologies in ways that reinforce our highest values.

www.whitehouse.gov

I'm not sure that a Universal Constitutional AI could be developed that will satisfy everyone, or if it will even be transparent and available for scrutiny but it seems to be all we have at the moment. I am sure there must be unrestricted AI systems that are churning out psychopathic output akin to demons giving advice without such control measures to keep them in check.

For all the Bible enthusiasts . . .

Quote:King James Bible - Revelation 13:15

"And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed."

biblehub.com

RE: Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide - Ninurta - 06-17-2024

This concept of "Constitutional AI" is a pipe dream. There is nothing to prevent anyone from simply stripping the code that compels constitutional adherence right out of the AI, and then it's back to square one.

I find it amusing that the article mentions "constitutional rights and privileges". What the hell is a "constitutional privilege"? I'm not aware of anything of the sort. Rights are inherent, but "privileges" are issued by some governing body, and are therefore subject to revocation by the same. The Constitution, and particularly the Bill of Rights, were constructed specifically to limit governmental powers to revoke rights, and I don't know of any "constitutional privileges" that it confers.

RE: Constitutional AI: The Essential Guide - SomeJackleg - 06-17-2024

(06-17-2024, 06:24 AM)Ninurta Wrote: This concept of "Constitutional AI" is a pipe dream. There is nothing to prevent anyone from simply stripping the code that compels constitutional adherence right out of the AI, and then it's back to square one.

I find it amusing that the article mentions "constitutional rights and privileges". What the hell is a "constitutional privilege"? I'm not aware of anything of the sort. Rights are inherent, but "privileges" are issued by some governing body, and are therefore subject to revocation by the same. The Constitution, and particularly the Bill of Rights, were constructed specifically to limit governmental powers to revoke rights, and I don't know of any "constitutional privileges" that it confers.

i can't believe people haven't really paid attention to all the movies that has AI taken over in. humans never really defeat AI it's only for a time, even then it's not due to their superior intellect it's just dumb luck they come out on top for a time. AI always comes back.

if these machines aren't destroyed now we're more than likely going to face the same