Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Strike by F-35s worked - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: War, Peace or Inbetween (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: Strike by F-35s worked (/showthread.php?tid=2119)

Strike by F-35s worked - 727Sky - 06-04-2024

Either the air defense guys were asleep, having tea, or the F-35 is working as advertised.

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - 727Sky - 06-04-2024

Quote:Russia has strongly condemned Israeli airstrikes on the outskirts of Syria's Aleppo. Vladimir Putin's government warned Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu after the strikes. Moscow said that these aggressive actions could lead to extremely dangerous consequences. On June 3, Israeli airstrikes hit the outskirts of Aleppo, killing at least 16 people. According to media reports, most of those killed near Aleppo were pro-Iran fighters.

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - Ninurta - 06-04-2024

It's probably just me, but I think there is a good chance that if Iran would stop hiring proxies to screw with Israel, then Israel wouldn't have any excuses to keep handing Iran's ass back to them time after time...

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - FlickerOfLight - 06-04-2024

All these splling over conflicts into different territories is what has me most concerned. 

Those F-35's are badass.

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - Bally002 - 06-04-2024

(06-04-2024, 08:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's probably just me, but I think there is a good chance that if Iran would stop hiring proxies to screw with Israel, then Israel wouldn't have any excuses to keep handing Iran's ass back to them time after time...

Iran would be a good car park perhaps.

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - Ninurta - 06-05-2024

(06-04-2024, 08:29 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: All these splling over conflicts into different territories is what has me most concerned. 

Those F-35's are badass.

The problem there is that asymmetrical forces don't "fight fair" - they'll slap you, and then try to run to a "neutral" corner and stick their tongues out at you. Iran's proxies are doing that now, and it's been a problem for a very long time. In Vietnam, most of the Ho Chi Minh trail ran through Laos, because Laos was not a "party to the conflict", and so they were essentially untouchable so long as their main supply routes ran through "neutral" territory.

Or so they thought. We did send some Special Forces folks into Laos to "monitor" that network of trails... and Nixon did famously order the bombing of the trail in Cambodia, which is what sparked the Kent State "protests".

The thing is, to hit your enemy, then you have to go to where he is sitting. If that is in "neutral" country, then so be it. Go in anyhow, pound the enemy into the ground like a tent peg, and then leave. If anyone complains about it, well, they shouldn't have been hosting your enemy as their guest to begin with, now should they?

We've seen the same thing in countries and conflicts around the world - we saw it in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala too, in this hemisphere. We are seeing it now with the cartels in Mexico at our southern border.

Folks shouldn't think they get to slap other folks and then run and hide in the neighbor's basement. That's a good way to get a bullet in the head when you slap someone that doesn't give a damn and will chase you down to slap back.

(06-04-2024, 11:10 PM)Bally002 Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 08:25 PM)Ninurta Wrote: It's probably just me, but I think there is a good chance that if Iran would stop hiring proxies to screw with Israel, then Israel wouldn't have any excuses to keep handing Iran's ass back to them time after time...

Iran would be a good car park perhaps.

Yes, yes it would! We could put a strip mall with a McDonalds in it right in the middle of that giant parking lot!

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - FlickerOfLight - 06-05-2024

(06-05-2024, 03:02 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 08:29 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: All these splling over conflicts into different territories is what has me most concerned. 

Those F-35's are badass.

The problem there is that asymmetrical forces don't "fight fair" - they'll slap you, and then try to run to a "neutral" corner and stick their tongues out at you. Iran's proxies are doing that now, and it's been a problem for a very long time. In Vietnam, most of the Ho Chi Minh trail ran through Laos, because Laos was not a "party to the conflict", and so they were essentially untouchable so long as their main supply routes ran through "neutral" territory.

Or so they thought. We did send some Special Forces folks into Laos to "monitor" that network of trails.

The thing is, to hit your enemy, then you have to go to where he is sitting. If that is in "neutral" country, then so be it. Go in anyhow, pound the enemy into the ground like a tent peg, and then leave. If anyone complains about it, well, they shouldn't have been hosting your enemy as their guest to begin with, now should they?

We've seen the same thing in countries and conflicts around the world - we saw it in Nicaragua, El Salvador, Honduras, and Guatemala too, in this hemisphere. We are seeing it now with the cartels in Mexico at our southern border.

Folks shouldn't think they get to slap other folks and then run and hide in the neighbor's basement. That's a good way to get a bullet in the head when you slap someone that doesn't give a damn and will chase you down to slap back./

My point exactly. This spilling over is going on so much, and there are so many areas that are on the verge of war, I keep wondering if it will all come together. 

I'm not a military man, or am I in anyway apprised to have war works. Since I've been a father though, my biggest concern about war, is my son. He's 21 now. The draft being brought back was my fear. I read somewhere recently that in the fall they will invoke the draft again for 18-26 year Olds.

Needless to say I've been paying more attention. Anyone else see the draft being brought back?

(06-05-2024, 03:08 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: My point exactly. This spilling over is going on so much, and there are so many areas that are on the verge of war, I keep wondering if it will all come together. 

I'm not a military man, or am I in anyway apprised to have war works. Since I've been a father though, my biggest concern about war, is my son. He's 21 now. The draft being brought back was my fear. I read somewhere recently that in the fall they will invoke the draft again for 18-26 year Olds.

Needless to say I've been paying more attention. Anyone else see the draft being brought back?

Not soon, I think.  I've heard the same whispers of bringing the draft back, but I don't see it happening soon. It wouldn't be politically expedient in an election year. They're talking about bringing it back because numbers are down and people aren't joining up any more, but my personal opinion is that they are not joining up because the military has gotten to be too "woke" owing to the efforts of the upper echelons. They want the military to be "woke" so that it is politcally compliant with the current communistic regime.

Now, another problem with drafting troops is that when you do, you get all kinds, not just woke pansies. You also get a strong contingent that have a disturbing tendency to think fo themselves, and some times that thinking isn't very "progressive". That can present a problem for a woke military.

Another consideration is that the older recruits get, the more likely they are to realize they can tell you to kiss their ass... and some of them will. That's bad for progressive cohesion. That's been a problem for as long as there have been armies. It's why recruiters, since time immemorial, have concentrated on recruiting the young - like high school kids - rather than other folks who've had time to have a bit of experience of the world. The more experienced recruits are harder to force into a mold, including their desired "progressive" mold. That means they could lose some serious ground in the home-stomping military they are trying to create.

So, for those reasons at least, I don't think they will bring back the draft soon. They are likely just trying to rattle cages by even talking about it. They know it won't be politically expedient - it could turn out to be horribly counterproductive - for the political kommisars, but they are hoping WE don't know that.

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - Bally002 - 06-05-2024

(06-05-2024, 05:38 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 03:08 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: My point exactly. This spilling over is going on so much, and there are so many areas that are on the verge of war, I keep wondering if it will all come together. 

Not soon, I think.  I've heard the same whispers of bringing the draft back, but I don't see it happening soon. It wouldn't be politically expedient in an election year. They're talking about bringing it back because numbers are down and people aren't joining up any more, but my personal opinion is that they are not joining up because the military has gotten to be too "woke" owing to the efforts of the upper echelons. They want the military to be "woke" so that it is politcally compliant with the current communistic regime.

Now, another problem with drafting troops is that when you do, you get all kinds, not just woke pansies. You also get a strong contingent that have a disturbing tendency to think fo themselves, and some times that thinking isn't very "progressive". That can present a problem for a woke military.

Another consideration is that the older recruits get, the more likely they are to realize they can tell you to kiss their ass... and some of them will. That's bad for progressive cohesion. That's been a problem for as long as there have been armies. It's why recruiters, since time immemorial, have concentrated on recruiting the young - like high school kids - rather than other folks who've had time to have a bit of experience of the world. The more experienced recruits are harder to force into a mold, including their desired "progressive" mold. That means they could lose some serious ground in the home-stomping military they are trying to create.

So, for those reasons at least, I don't think they will bring back the draft soon. They are likely just trying to rattle cages by even talking about it. They know it won't be politically expedient - it could turn out to be horribly counterproductive - for the political kommisars, but they are hoping WE don't know that.

(06-05-2024, 06:03 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(06-05-2024, 05:38 AM)Ninurta Wrote:

I wouldn't fear the draft for any of my 7 children. But I've been brought up in Military families.  Goes back years.  Grandfathers - light horse, (Bersheeba) fathers and uncles in the RAAF WW 2 and Infantry WW 2.  Brothers in the army.  Me, I broke the mould and joined the navy at 15 years old.  Did my time.  

Spent time at sea and had some amazing adventures as a silly sailor.

If you can do what you are told and subsequently act  accordingly for your own good and the good of others you'll have a different aspect on life.  I've had 2 children go through Army Cadets and make the pinnacle.  Very proud of them but they chose different vocations.  What they learnt will help their future.

My thoughts and as always,

Kind regards,

Bally)

RE: Strike by F-35s worked - Ninurta - 06-06-2024

Regarding the daft question, apparently conscription is also being bandied about in the UK. This is Neil Oliver's take on that question: