Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
My new old theme song - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Guohua's Lounge (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Music and Media Den (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: My new old theme song (/showthread.php?tid=2031)

My new old theme song - FlickerOfLight - 04-26-2024

I dont care what they say anymore. This is my life.
Go ahead with your own life. Leave me alone.

We were having a conversation in another thread that lead to me talking about walking off and leaving it all behind; Going my own way, doing my own thing. Well, thats leads to this song popping into my head as I was beeboppin around today, and this (being an 80's 90's kid.) And I gotta These lyrics are spot on to my attitude towards all of this clown world circus sideshow bullsh** that's going on all around us.

I've decided this is my new/old theme song.

A mentor of mine from my old days once taught me: "If you can't change your situation, change your attitude."

Instead of breaking my back, Im going to live my life on my own terms.

Side Note: Mandella affect; I could have sworn this was the opening song to the 80's show Bosom Buddies. Youtube seems to think otherwise.

Either way, happy Friday, my Bosom Buddies!

RE: My new old theme song - SomeJackleg - 04-26-2024

there's been quite a few through my life, some from when i was to young to really appreciate what the tunes were about, just heard them on the radio station my mom use to listen to and would patriot them. 

the first one that i can really recall being my own was when i got my first stereo, and two albums for Christmas 1976, Black Sabbaths  Technical Ecstasy, and Rush 2112, i think my folks regretted that.

now i think most should agree that 2112 is the best damn album ever recorded, and side A without a doubt is way beyond it's time. any way being that i had just discovered left handers i soon began walking around going singing this tune,

Our first stop is in Bogata
T check Colombian Fields
The Native smile and pass along
A sample of their yield

cause back then Colombian was the the big thing at school.

another tune i would sing was from Technical Ecstasy

I'm just another back street kid
Rock 'n Roll music is the only thing I really dig
Can't stop the music going round inside my head
I'm a rock 'n roll soldier, gonna play it until I'm dead
Nobody I know will ever take my rock n' roll away from me

RE: My new old theme song - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-27-2024

I don't have a personal theme song that fits me so I go with whatever suits my mood.

RE: My new old theme song - Infolurker - 04-27-2024

https://www.riddlesanswer.com/which-80s-sitcom-used-billy-joels-hit-my-life-as-its-theme-song-during-the-opening-credits/

Quote:Which 80’s sitcom used Billy Joel’s hit “My Life” as its theme song during the opening credits?

Which 80’s sitcom used Billy Joel’s hit “My Life” as its theme song during the opening credits?

Happy Days
The Golden Girls
Who’s the Boss?
Bosom Buddies

Tom Hanks got his big break in 1980 with the sitcom “Bosom Buddies,” a show where he and Peter Scolari played bachelors who disguise themselves as women to reside in an all-female apartment building. The opening credits featured a re-recorded version of Billy Joel’s hit song “My Life.” The show, however, failed to impress critics and viewers alike, and was cancelled after only two seasons. Two years later, however, Tom Hanks achieved stardom with the release of the film “Splash,” which would launch his career in the film industry.

The correct answer is Bosom Buddies.

RE: My new old theme song - FlickerOfLight - 04-27-2024

I couldnt really say an actual "favorite song". That's like asking me what my favorite painting is. Too many to say.

I was feeling the OP song today, and yeah, ol Billy Joel nailed how I felt in that song; at least as far as I interpret it.

Two of my actual favorites are

Bob Marley No woman no cry

and Jimi Hendrix Wind cries Mary.

That's my vibe in two songs.

RE: My new old theme song - FlickerOfLight - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 03:03 AM)Infolurker Wrote:

https://www.riddlesanswer.com/which-80s-sitcom-used-billy-joels-hit-my-life-as-its-theme-song-during-the-opening-credits/

Quote:Which 80’s sitcom used Billy Joel’s hit “My Life” as its theme song during the opening credits?

Which 80’s sitcom used Billy Joel’s hit “My Life” as its theme song during the opening credits?

Happy Days
The Golden Girls
Who’s the Boss?
Bosom Buddies

Tom Hanks got his big break in 1980 with the sitcom “Bosom Buddies,” a show where he and Peter Scolari played bachelors who disguise themselves as women to reside in an all-female apartment building. The opening credits featured a re-recorded version of Billy Joel’s hit song “My Life.” The show, however, failed to impress critics and viewers alike, and was cancelled after only two seasons. Two years later, however, Tom Hanks achieved stardom with the release of the film “Splash,” which would launch his career in the film industry.

The correct answer is Bosom Buddies.

As soon as the song popped into my head I could see the intro to the TV show playing in my mind.

Youtube gave me another, and actual theme song that I do not remember.
I didnt see the vid you shared. Thanks.