Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Survival and Sustainability (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=92)
+--- Thread: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready (/showthread.php?tid=2024)

Pages: 1 2

The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-24-2024

We now live in a global society. Our money is worthless. And most Americans are fat, dumb, and clueless.

I think this guy sets the stage for where we are, and where we are headed.

Everyone can do something. But they won't.

How do we get ready?

I am one of those people that does not believes in precious metals. I took my little bit of money back about 25 years ago, and I bought land. I trusted land over the government, the system, and the banks.

Well, I might have been right to some degree, what I didn't understand back then is that whatever you have and they want, they will find a way to take it.

And we will let them. 

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - FlickerOfLight - 04-24-2024

I have been warning people for almost a decade now that this was coming. Warning after warning for people to get ready.

No on listens. No one cares.

Until they lose everything. 

And they will.

Everything people have worked their whole lives for will be gone in an instant. 

Then they'll care...

I say, make sure you have oil for your lamp.

From what I see, within the next two years it will all fall. The dollar will go bye bye. All we have to do is what what's happening with the banks and now the gold.

I have been planning.  Cool There's no way I'm getting caught in their trap. 

And yes, Im even willing and ready to go live in some caves somewhere. If I knew how to sail I'd hit that ocean and never look back.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-24-2024

(04-24-2024, 06:34 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I have been warning people for almost a decade now that this was coming. Warning after warning for people to get ready.

No on listens. No one cares.

Until they lose everything. 

And they will.

Everything people have worked their whole lives for will be gone in an instant. 

Then they'll care...

I say, make sure you have oil for your lamp.

From what I see, within the next two years it will all fall. The dollar will go bye bye. All we have to do is what what's happening with the banks and now the gold.

I have been planning.  Cool There's no way I'm getting caught in their trap. 

And yes, Im even willing and ready to go live in some caves somewhere. If I knew how to sail I'd hit that ocean and never look back.

Most people don't realize that we are all headed off a cliff. Whether we jump or we are pushed.

I agree with you. I prefer to take the trip down, under my own steam, at my time, and by my choice. Dead is dead, but I prefer to go down fighting, rather than to lie down and allow someone else to bury me alive at their pleasure.

I am trying to have enough oil on hand to keep my lamp lit and to have to little extra for those who wake up too late but I still have a better chance with them than without them. Being old has its pros and cons.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Infolurker - 04-25-2024

Copper jacketed lead seems to always be of value.

Those are the primary precious metals I invest in. Sure, I have a few hundred ounces of silver but we have seen the .gov ban & confiscate Gold before and they will do so again if that is needed.

Same with food. What do you use money for? To buy necessities. 

If you already have most of your necessities stockpiled in your physical possession, money value has less importance.

Buy the land, buy the food, buy the copper jacketed lead, buy the solar & batteries and you will be more prepared for just about anything.

https://signaturesolar.com/complete-off-grid-solar-kit-3000w-120v-output-48vdc-15-4kwh-eg4-lifepower4-lithium-powerwall-48vdc-4-800-watts-of-solar-pv-kit-e0001/

https://signaturesolar.com/off-grid-eg4-system-bundle-12kw-120-240v-output-48vdc-30-72kwh-eg4-lithium-battery-bank-2-x-eg4-6000xp-6x-eg4-server-rack-batteries-bndl-e0008/

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Michigan Swamp Buck - 04-25-2024

Knowledge and experience is key to survival.

I believe that people should be taught basic survival skills first, before academic and other concerns. I'm not talking about Boy Scouts, although that is a great program, I'm talking about "primitive" skills used by stone-aged tribes. If you had the skills and knowledge they had, you could survive the raw elements with nothing but what was available around you. If you need something, you make it or take it from the environment around you.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Ninurta - 04-25-2024

(04-24-2024, 05:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
How do we get ready?

By firmly grasping the fact, and it IS a fact, that the entire "economy" is one huge con game.

They "take" your money and your "stuff" by conning you. Convincing you that you can get something for nothing, or very little. Then they take the money you give them thinking that you are going to get a huge increase on it, and they abscond with it... failing to deliver whatever miracle it is that they've promised you. They take the money and run, just like any other con man. That leaves you holding the bag... and broke.

Whenever one of these crashes comes, it only affects the people who bought into the con, whatever con they are selling. in 2008, I believe it was the housing market. They conned millions of people to buy more house than they could afford. They "over-leveraged" those folks, got them to go into debt in hopes of getting even more, and even the little they had was taken away.

Same for the "tech bubble", and even the crash of 1929. No one can lose everything if they don't bet everything on a maybe. They don't lose what they haven't bet on the con.

All good con games prey on people's greed. They promise folks something for nothing, their greed kicks in, they put everything they have into the kitty under the assurance that they are going to magically get something they didn't really pay enough for, then POOF! It's all gone. the money AND the promise of riches. The victim is then left sitting flat on their asses and broke, wondering what hit them, and seldom if ever realizing that they werre done in by a con man preying on their own greed.

Anyone with a mortgage, or a "second mortgage", or any of the other devices that con men use to part them from their money WILL lose what they gave to the con men. If they own their property free and clear, then they're relatively safe. They have a patch to grow their grub on if push comes to shove that the banks can't take away from them if they miss a payment due to an economic crash. If, on the other hand, their land, home, or security rest on a mortgage, then they'd better be figuring out a way to survive before the con crash comes.

Anything you owe money for - car, house, land, etc. - can and will be taken from you when a crash comes. They will keep what you've paid in to it, take the property, and then sell it to the next mark they can line up and do it all over again to the next guy... leaving you with nothing, not the money you already paid them, and not the property you paid it for.

That is how they get richer and you get poorer, until folks have "lost everything". They lose everything because they bet everything on the con. What they don't bet, they don't lose. Meanwhile, the con men running the con transfer the money of the marks from the marks to themselves, and then search out more marks. it's how con games have worked for centuries.

------------------------------------

One of the differences between now and the crash of 1929 is demographics. There is a much higher percentage of people living in cities now than there was then.. City people cannot fend for themselves in a crash. No matter what they have, no matter what they manage to hang on to, they won't have enough land to feed themselves. There are just too may people per square foot to have enough free land to grow food. Life in the cities will be bad. Very bad.

Out in the countryside, a great many farmers are over-leveraged, having to borrow money each year - betting against their crop - to be sustainable. When the economy crashes, their money becomes useless, and the banks foreclose on their collateral... usually that means the farm land. So then they have nothing to farm on, either. They cannot feed themselves even, much less produce excess to feed the cities with.

Small freeholders, folks that own their land free and clear, will still be able to feed themselves if they have the seed and stuff to plant, and the critters to raise for meat.

But all those hungry folks are going to be eyeballing the freeholders land and crops.

Things are gonna be tough all over. The bad thing about small freeholds is that the crops won't be able to run from raiders. The next best thing is to be prepared to use those raiders to fertilize the next year's crop.

Yeah, that might sound cold, but survival is a cold business some times. You do what you gotta do to make sure your kids get to eat.

Never put yourself in a position to have to be one of the raiders. You might be next year's fertilizer. Never put yourself in the position to have to be a refugee. they get it from all sides, and never win. If you don't believe me, take a trip to the Mexican border some time and have a gander at the "rape trees". That's not just a cartel thing. Wherever refugees are found, predators will also be found, preying on them. NEVER be a refugee.

Evil walks this world. You don't have to be evil, but you do sometimes have to be cold. That's not evil, it's survival.

(04-25-2024, 03:45 PM)Infolurker Wrote: ...

Those are the primary precious metals I invest in. Sure, I have a few hundred ounces of silver but we have seen the .gov ban & confiscate Gold before and they will do so again if that is needed.

My first wife's grandpa buried his gold when the government tried to confiscate it. He buried what was at the time about 30,000 dollars worth of gold. He died while it was still in the ground. He did a good job hiding it - it has not been found to this day.

Burying your valuables is an option when the wolves come to take it. It doesn't do you any good in the ground, but it won't do them any good, either.

Quote:Same with food. What do you use money for? To buy necessities. 

If you already have most of your necessities stockpiled in your physical possession, money value has less importance.

What do you do with your stockpile when they come to confiscate that? Food doesn't do well underground.

Quote:Buy the land, buy the food, buy the copper jacketed lead, buy the solar & batteries and you will be more prepared for just about anything.

https://signaturesolar.com/complete-off-grid-solar-kit-3000w-120v-output-48vdc-15-4kwh-eg4-lifepower4-lithium-powerwall-48vdc-4-800-watts-of-solar-pv-kit-e0001/

https://signaturesolar.com/off-grid-eg4-system-bundle-12kw-120-240v-output-48vdc-30-72kwh-eg4-lithium-battery-bank-2-x-eg4-6000xp-6x-eg4-server-rack-batteries-bndl-e0008/

Good Lord! If I had the money to buy those solar cells, I wouldn't be worried about anything for about 10 years!

I do have a friend who has a solar setup like that. He produces around 95% of his own power for his entire house now, so he'll be doing OK if the grid goes down. He's also got an underground warehouse full of food stocks. What I worry about for him is what happens when predators notice he has electricity when no one else does? If the raiders come to investigate and manage to overrun him, then they get his warehouse full of grub, too. I'm not sure his security setup is up to the task, but we can hope I reckon.

Personally, I'd rather live like a rabbit, hiding in the brush, than die like a lion drawing attention, but we all have to chose our own paths.

(04-25-2024, 04:48 PM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: Knowledge and experience is key to survival.

I believe that people should be taught basic survival skills first, before academic and other concerns. I'm not talking about Boy Scouts, although that is a great program, I'm talking about "primitive" skills used by stone-aged tribes. If you had the skills and knowledge they had, you could survive the raw elements with nothing but what was available around you. If you need something, you make it or take it from the environment around you.

I think the same. I learned how to stalk critters young, and track them, and what I can eat out of the woods. I can make my own bows and arrows - it ain't as easy as they make it look - and I can make my own powder, bullets, and cartridges for my black powder gun. I learned how to do that at a somewhat older age.

Still, I'm not likely to survive for more than a couple months after a major disaster. The problem is not what I can't do, it's what I won't be able to get. Medicine in my case. I may be able to fake it for a while with lower-powered stuff out of the woods, but it's eventually gonna get me.

Still, I've often thought how well "primitive" folks could do with the wealth of stuff laying around after a collapse. I started thinking about that after seeing a spear head that an Australian Aborigine chipped out of the glass that a telephone pole insulator was made from. I've seen arrows from Indians made a couple hundred years ago with heads make out of sheet brass - some rolled into cones, some cut into blades, and fastened to the arrow shafts.

I've made my own bowstrings out of nylon rope by stripping it down and then re-laying strands into a bowstring of the right length and diameter. Nylon stretches a bit over time, but it can be compensated for, and it's a damned site more weatherproof than bear gut or deer hide strings.

I've chipped arrow heads out of stone - I'm not very good at it... they're serviceable, but not at all pretty - and I've cut them out of sheet steel. The steel bands that hacks of lumber used to be bound with were great for that, Roofing tin would work, too, but it would be a lot more work than the steel bands. All you need is a pair of tin snips. I can see now why those Indians headed their arrows with sheet brass when it was available!

My point here is that there will be a wealth of raw materials just laying around for folks ingenious enough to make use of it. Folks talk about "traditional" this and traditional that, but primitive folks didn't have the luxury of being purists, and would use whatever was available to hand and easiest to work to make what they needed. A successful modern primitive will do the same.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - FlickerOfLight - 04-25-2024

(04-25-2024, 09:00 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
How do we get ready?

By firmly grasping the fact, and it IS a fact, that the entire "economy" is one huge con game.

They "take" your money and your "stuff" by conning you. Convincing you that you can get something for nothing, or very little. Then they take the money you give them thinking that you are going to get a huge increase on it, and they abscond with it... failing to deliver whatever miracle it is that they've promised you. They take the money and run, just like any other con man. That leaves you holding the bag... and broke.

Whenever one of these crashes comes, it only affects the people who bought into the con, whatever con they are selling. in 2008, I believe it was the housing market. They conned millions of people to buy more house than they could afford. They "over-leveraged" those folks, got them to go into debt in hopes of getting even more, and even the little they had was taken away.

Same for the "tech bubble", and even the crash of 1929. No one can lose everything if they don't bet everything on a maybe. They don't lose what they haven't bet on the con.

All good con games prey on people's greed. They promise folks something for nothing, their greed kicks in, they put everything they have into the kitty under the assurance that they are going to magically get something they didn't really pay enough for, then POOF! It's all gone. the money AND the promise of riches. The victim is then left sitting flat on their asses and broke, wondering what hit them, and seldom if ever realizing that they werre done in by a con man preying on their own greed.

Anyone with a mortgage, or a "second mortgage", or any of the other devices that con men use to part them from their money WILL lose what they gave to the con men. If they own their property free and clear, then they're relatively safe. They have a patch to grow their grub on if push comes to shove that the banks can't take away from them if they miss a payment due to an economic crash. If, on the other hand, their land, home, or security rest on a mortgage, then they'd better be figuring out a way to survive before the con crash comes.

Anything you owe money for - car, house, land, etc. - can and will be taken from you when a crash comes. They will keep what you've paid in to it, take the property, and then sell it to the next mark they can line up and do it all over again to the next guy... leaving you with nothing, not the money you already paid them, and not the property you paid it for.

That is how they get richer and you get poorer, until folks have "lost everything". They lose everything because they bet everything on the con. What they don't bet, they don't lose. Meanwhile, the con men running the con transfer the money of the marks from the marks to themselves, and then search out more marks. it's how con games have worked for centuries.

One of the differences between now and the crash of 1929 is demographics. There is a much higher percentage of people living in cities now than there was then.. City people cannot fend for themselves in a crash. No matter what they have, no matter what they manage to hang on to, they won't have enough land to feed themselves. There are just too may people per square foot to have enough free land to grow food. Life in the cities will be bad. Very bad.

Out in the countryside, a great many farmers are over-leveraged, having to borrow money each year - betting against their crop - to be sustainable. When the economy crashes, their money becomes useless, and the banks foreclose on their collateral... usually that means the farm land. So then they have nothing to farm on, either. They cannot feed themselves even, much less produce excess to feed the cities with.

Small freeholders, folks that own their land free and clear, will still be able to feed themselves if they have the seed and stuff to plant, and the critters to raise for meat.

But all those hungry folks are going to be eyeballing the freeholders land and crops.

Things are gonna be tough all over. The bad thing about small freeholds is that the crops won't be able to run from raiders. The next best thing is to be prepared to use those raiders to fertilize the next year's crop.

Yeah, that might sound cold, but survival is a cold business some times. You do what you gotta do to make sure your kids get to eat.

Never put yourself in a position to have to be one of the raiders. You might be next year's fertilizer. Never put yourself in the position to have to be a refugee. they get it from all sides, and never win. If you don't believe me, take a trip to the Mexican border some time and have a gander at the "rape trees". That's not just a cartel thing. Wherever refugees are found, predators will also be found, preying on them. NEVER be a refugee.

Evil walks this world. You don't have to be evil, but you do sometimes have to be cold. That's not evil, it's survival.

Exactly! I'm so glad everything (and I do mean everything) I have is paid for. And I have two acres of uncleared land, and an acre of cleared land. I've got hundreds of trees and all matter of resources on the property. 
And I don't gamble. Ever.

I'm honing and practicing and continuing to learn those primitive survival skills mentioned in the thread. That's the wisest thing we can do. 

I minimized and learned to be ready to walk away from everything if I have to. If things got real bad, and a bomb dropped on all my stuff, I am mentally and physically prepared to walk away from it all, and go my own way. 
As well as the basic survival skills, not being attached to "stuff" is a wise discipline to learn. 
I learned a long time ago how to be happy with very little. 
That's the worst case scenario. But, I am ready. There are too many signs that we are about to fall (hard) not to start getting ready now.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-26-2024

(04-25-2024, 11:46 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:
How do we get ready?

Exactly! I'm so glad everything (and I do mean everything) I have is paid for. And I have two acres of uncleared land, and an acre of cleared land. I've got hundreds of trees and all matter of resources on the property. 

I'm honing and practicing and continuing to learn those primitive survival skills mentioned in the thread. That's the wisest thing we can do. 

I minimized and learned to be ready to walk away from everything if I have to. If things got real bad, and a bomb dropped on all my stuff, I am mentally and physically prepared to walk away from it all, and go my own way. 
As well as the basic survival skills, not being attached to "stuff" is a wise discipline to learn. 
That's the worst case scenario. But, I am ready. There are too many signs that we are about to fall (hard) not to start getting ready now.

I used to be where you are. Mid January I got goober smacked and suddenly out of work. My job was mainly for sanity retention, but I liked the security of the extra income. Because I learned the hard way to not completely depend on tenants.

Well my tenants did what it seems all tenants do, they stopped paying their rent. Their timing was perfect, because I was in no position to fight.

Little money coming in, lots of money going out, means my savings is quickly dwindling. But I decided to make some lemonade, and hopefully God will be on my side.

Another good that came out of it, is that I my dislike of "stuff" has intensified. I am a minimalist, soon to become a Luddite.

I still have a little fight in me, but it is also dwindling. I am ready for this journey to be over.
In
I learned that folk will kick you when you are down. That the medical industry and the government don't give a damn about you, and if you have something that someone wants, they will force you to give it to them, or they will take it by hook or by crook.

I am lucky. I don't need a lot. I have an amazing family, church family, and neighbors. I am used to tough times, and living off the land and living simple.

What will be, will be.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - FlickerOfLight - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 01:56 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-25-2024, 11:46 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:
How do we get ready?

I used to be where you are. Mid January I got goober smacked and suddenly out of work. My job was mainly for sanity retention, but I liked the security of the extra income. Because I learned the hard way to not completely depend on tenants.

Well my tenants did what it seems all tenants do, they stopped paying their rent. Their timing was perfect, because I was in no position to fight.

Little money coming in, lots of money going out, means my savings is quickly dwindling. But I decided to make some lemonade, and hopefully God will be on my side.

Another good that came out of it, is that I my  dislike of "stuff" has intensified. I am a minimalist, soon to become a Luddite.

I still have a little fight in me, but it is also dwindling. I am ready for this journey to be over.
In
I learned that folk will kick you when you are down. That the medical industry and the government don't give a damn about you, and if you have something that someone wants, they will force you to give it to them, or they will take it by hook or by crook.

I am lucky. I don't need a lot. I have an amazing family, church family, and neighbors. I am used to tough times, and living off the land and living simple.

What will be, will be.

I had to look up Luddites. Haha But when I did it brought me to a thought I had recently. 

With all thats going on, and about to go on, the direction we are all heading, the spiritual warfare and how it is being imposed upon our minds through the methodology that it has been doing so, and with all the religious fanatical ways in which i was raised, and how full of s*** the modern church is (meaning: how far away from the actual Word of God it actually is), I have come to a conclusion. 

If anyone of us was actually wise in being in an already state of preparedness, and even spiritual readiness-----it's the Amish or the Mennonites!

They will (and are) fully prepared for the system to fall.

It will not affect them in the slightest.

They are ready. 

We.......are not.

That's the slap in the face realization I had the other day. 

Thought to myself, damn... i shoulda been Amish or Mennonite (preferably Mennonite lol I really thought it through. I may convert soon  Laughing Laughing jk)

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:32 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: Thought to myself, damn... i shoulda been Amish or Mennonite (preferably Mennonite lol I really thought it through. I may convert soon  Laughing Laughing jk)

I had a Mennonite neighbor. I considered him a good friend. A couple of years ago he took his family and moved out of the United States.

He told me, “The time has come to get out of her.”

He still is encouraging me to leave. He said something wicked is coming, and if I want to survive it, I have to leave it all behind.

Who knows. You both may be right.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - FlickerOfLight - 04-26-2024

(04-26-2024, 02:47 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:32 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: Thought to myself, damn... i shoulda been Amish or Mennonite (preferably Mennonite lol I really thought it through. I may convert soon  Laughing Laughing jk)

I had a Mennonite neighbor. I considered him a good friend. A couple of years ago he took his family and  moved out of the United States.

He still is encouraging me to leave. He said something wicked is coming, and if I want to survive it, I have to leave it all behind.

I had an opportunity to live up in the Appalachian mountains recently, and there was a huge Mennonite presence there. I bought from their produce markets, and I got to know these people. 

I have more respect for them than any church I have ever been in. Hands down. Those people are of God, no doubt. God is with them, and I could even see it.

I had a bit of fun with the thought, but I felt the presence of the Lord every time I was around them.

Much love...

And yes,
Something wicked is coming. And I'm wanting off of the back of the beast, myself.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Infolurker - 04-27-2024

Oh yeah, since bugging out and not being a Refugee were mentioned, good time to repost this.....

A long article which I will only post a few paragraphs. Well worth the read. Also, watch the video on the same subject which will give you "things to consider".

The Fallacy of Bugging Out – Are You Prepared to Be a Refugee?

https://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/the-fallacy-of-bugging-out-are-you-prepared-to-be-a-refugee

Quote:This cherished myth is a deceptive and dangerous notion that has little place in reality.  I’ve long held a stance [i]against [/i]this notion because in nearly all cases and all situations, this is a very bad idea with oftentimes fatal consequences.  Bugging out is [i]embracing [/i]the refugee lifestyle – a very bad idea.  Refugees throughout history have fared very badly, suffered extreme hardship and deprivation, with many not surviving the experience. There is a far better alternative to this.

The rejection of the “bug out” mythology flies in the face of the so-called ‘expert advice’ and theory being proposed by many websites and authors, who are also very active in selling products and gear specifically oriented around this concept. You could say quite rightly, that there is indeed a agenda at work here, but it is not one in your best interests.  Hold onto your pockets and read on.

Bugging out entails leaving everything you [i][b]are[/b][/i], and everything you [i][b]own[/b][/i], and everything you [i][b]use[/b][/i], [i]day in and day out[/i], and everything you cannot [b]carry [/b]or [b]transport [/b]with you, behind. Not only behind, but [i]inaccessible, unusable and abandoned. [/i]Potentially forever.

In effect, bugging out will mean you will be totally abandoning your present life in exchange for huddling under a tree in the woods, trying to avoid hypothermia and starvation, wondering where you next meal will come from, and how long you can hold out in your new ‘reality’.  And whatever it was that you chose to run away from — will still be there.  This is perhaps the most overlooked point of all.

How long could you hold out?  Not long.  The reasons are many, but they are sound.
The [i]need [/i]to bug out is an exceedingly tiny reality — a future event that will probably never happen. 

[b]To The Woods

[/b]

Bugging out is usually assumed to mean “to the woods” where survivors, patriots, militia, end-timers and others will be making “their last stand” (apparently together, whether they like it or not) while roasting hotdogs and marshmallows.  Instead, it will be the last man standing over a pile of rotted and half-eaten[i]corpses[/i], since the food and supplies and the notions of ‘living off the land’ will have died out with the last slaughtered deer to be found. And every ’survivor’ will have been hoping all along that nobody has turned them in for poaching.

Campsites, caves and hidey-holes will have become armed, dirty and infested encampments of hungry and desperate men (the surviving women would have long since been forced into prostitution and slavery), all fighting over the remaining scraps to be found (and newcomers showing up) necessary for their survival. Informants, traitors, thieves, murderers, rapists and thugs will quickly become the defining characteristic, with the strongest ruling (or eating) the weak.  Those who arrive “first” will potentially be better prepared to prey upon the late-comers or the weak, so if you are still planning on trying this, get your seat at the table [i]early[/i].

Think not? This is exactly what happens during civil wars and internal conflicts when a country turns against itself. The war in Bosnia saw tens of thousands of murders, rapes and thefts as the people turned on each other.  It was a fight for survival, for food, for weapons, for money, for women.

It has happened all over the world, and it will happen again. Whenever there is not enough to go around, and whenever there is strife, secrecy and conflict, those involved will resort to whatever methods of survival that they have to in order that they might live another day by whatever means possible.  It will be no picnic, no romantic “retreat into the woods” where faith, truth, righteousness or rebellion will flourish and grow. Instead, it will be a bloodbath where the young, old and the weak succumb the quickest.  

I suggest you bring lots of Tabasco sauce, as it does make the meat taste better.
Bugging out also means you are leaving the norms of society behind. These are the rules, laws, restrictions and expectations that you have come to expect (and largely appreciate) that govern human behavior. Would-be dictators and gang leaders will spring forth from unlikely sources. Since there is nothing to hinder them, then they will allow themselves to be unhindered. 

Unrestrained, you will find the true nature of what your “friends” can really be.  You’ll soon regret not locking up the mad caps among you and taking away their weapons.  If food or medical supplies are in short supply, then expect gang on gang, tribe on tribe warfare to begin.  Expect slavery, torture, imprisonment and rape.  Also expect the nearby communities (cities, towns, villages) to become their prey, as theft, robbery and murder to go hand in hand with their (daily) need for food and other things like fuel and medical supplies.

Inversely, you could also expect smart and prepared communities to expel, exterminate and hunt down these refugees if things get way out of hand, exacerbating an already bad situation. Forget for a moment the military or law enforcement going after these woodland refugees (a topic unto itself), the locals themselves will not be the helping hand that you may have naively come to expect, especially if you or your gang have already trod upon their welcome mat.  They’re trying to survive too, and live normal, unfettered lives as best they can. They don’t need nor appreciate you coming along and messing things up. Camping out in their back yard or nearby forests will often pit you against them in violent and lethal ways. And they will be far more adept then you are outlasting you because they will have the infrastructure and support network to do so.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-27-2024

The only time that bugging out would be on my survival plan is when my home is compromised.

If the area, for what other reason, is unsafe or unlivable. At that point it will be let go and let God.

Another outstanding video.

(04-26-2024, 03:05 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:
(04-26-2024, 02:47 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I had a Mennonite neighbor. I considered him a good friend. A couple of years ago he took his family and  moved out of the United States.

I had an opportunity to live up in the Appalachian mountains recently, and there was a huge Mennonite presence there. I bought from their produce markets, and I got to know these people. 

I have more respect for them than any church I have ever been in. Hands down. Those people are of God, no doubt. God is with them, and I could even see it.

I had a bit of fun with the thought, but I felt the presence of the Lord every time I was around them.

Much love...

And yes,
Something wicked is coming. And I'm wanting off of the back of the beast, myself.

My question is if you or I leave the US, where do we go?

I definitely do not want to be "the other" in a foreign country and unarmed (due to most nations disarming the public).

I have a friend at work looking at Costa Rica and another looking at the Dominican Republic and those do not sound appealing currently after some investigation.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-27-2024

(04-27-2024, 02:50 PM)Infolurker Wrote: My question is if you or I leave the US, where do we go?

I definitely do not want to be "the other" in a foreign country and unarmed (due to most nations disarming the public).

I have a friend at work looking at Costa Rica and another looking at the Dominican Republic and those do not sound appealing currently after some investigation.

I have a friend that is moving to Venezuela, of all places. I have a friend that has moved to Costa Rica and one to Panama, and they both seem to like their choices.

I am too old, have too much baggage, and have chosen to let go and let God.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - Ninurta - 04-27-2024

(04-26-2024, 03:05 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I had an opportunity to live up in the Appalachian mountains recently, and there was a huge Mennonite presence there. I bought from their produce markets, and I got to know these people. 

Much love...

And yes,

I live in the Appalachians, and we have a large Mennonite(?) community not far from here. I think they are Mennonites, anyhow - they drive vehicles to go to Walmart, and the Amish I lived near in Ohio never drove vehicles, only horse drawn buggies. So I think these are Mennonites.

While I was gone from the mountains and out in the flatlands, they moved in. They weren't here when I was growing up. They bought this huge valley, in it's entirety, and started farming it. I've always thought the place they bought would be ideal for defense, even before tey moved in. It's a huge valley surrounded on all sides by steep ridges in a circular form, with but one single gap in the ridges for access to the valley. Just one entry point to have to secure.

Some of their products are sold in a couple small shops right around here. The Mennonites sell them to the shops, and then the shops sell them to the rest of us.

There is an old woman who lives about 200 yards from me who, when I was a kid, I recall her making lye soap in a big iron kettle in her yard. So, knowledge of the old ways is not entirely gone here, but it IS dwindling.

I'm not bugging out. I was born here, and all my ancestors are buried here. When I die, whether fair or foul, this is where my bones will bleach. I'm not running. I see nowhere to run TO that has any advantages over where I am.

RE: The Global Depression - We Are Not Ready - GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-27-2024

In the end it will not be "preps" that allow people to survive but skills, knowledge and adaptability.  The old proverb about giving a man a fish vs. teaching a man to fish hasn't stuck around so long just because it sounds nice. People who can grow food, raise livestock, hunt, fish, trap, build, fabricate and those who have herbal and medical skills will do well. Those who know how to can, cook, sew, quilt, crochet and knit in addition will do even better. All are arts lost to most of the younger generations. I worry for the young people that never had to wash used tinfoil for their grannies, hoe the garden, gather fresh eggs, pick poke out of the swamp or hang out hand scrubbed laundry on a clothesline.