Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Strange Brew - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: Strange Brew (/showthread.php?tid=2015)

Strange Brew - FlickerOfLight - 04-21-2024

This is a film I came across in the late 80s and it was instantly one of my favorites. 
The movie is about Bob and Doug McKenzie, which was an SNL skit back in the 80's. Two beer drinking knucleheads from Canada, and let me tell you, these two are a trip. 

The movie is a lot of beer drinking goofy comedy, but there is also a dark undertone to the film. There are numerous Illuminati symbols, references, and subliminal messaging going on; and even better, the premise of the movie is-----mind control.

So, if you want a good laugh on this Sunday-fun-day, crack open some beer, pack a bowl and get ready to laugh till beer comes out of your nose.

"Strange Brew," ladies and gentlemen. If this isnt the crowd that would ig a movie like this then I must be in the wrong place.  Cool If you've never seen it, enjoy.

RE: Strange Brew - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-21-2024

(04-21-2024, 11:28 AM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:

This is a film I came across in the late 80s and it was instantly one of my favorites. 
The movie is about Bob and Doug McKenzie, which was an SNL skit back in the 80's. Two beer drinking knucleheads from Canada, and let me tell you, these two are a trip. 

The movie is a lot of beer drinking goofy comedy, but there is also a dark undertone to the film. There are numerous Illuminati symbols, references, and subliminal messaging going on; and even better, the premise of the movie is-----mind control.

So, if you want a good laugh on this Sunday-fun-day, crack open some beer, pack a bowl and get ready to laugh till beer comes out of your nose.

"Strange Brew," ladies and gentlemen. If this isnt the crowd that would ig a movie like this then I must be in the wrong place.  Cool If you've never seen it, enjoy.

I will give this a try later. Just for you.

For the record, I hate romance movies, and stupid comedies and slap stick.

So I will let you know. I can assure you though that even if I don't like it, you are in the right place.

Me????? Maybe not so much. Love it

RE: Strange Brew - FlickerOfLight - 04-21-2024

(04-21-2024, 12:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I will give this a try later.  Just for you.

So I will let you know. I can assure you though that even if I don't like it, you are in the right place.

Me????? Maybe not so much.  Love it
It's about the stupidest slapstick comedy there ever was. Lol

RE: Strange Brew - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-21-2024

(04-21-2024, 12:39 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote:
(04-21-2024, 12:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I will give this a try later.  Just for you.

Me????? Maybe not so much.  Love it
It's about the stupidest slapstick comedy there ever was. Lol

Okay. Thanks for the warning. I will watch after my third glass of wine, in "Mystery Science Theatre 3000 mode.

Laughing

RE: Strange Brew - kdog - 04-21-2024

I remember this movie and the SNL skits . Loved it all, eh !

RE: Strange Brew - SomeJackleg - 04-22-2024

(04-21-2024, 11:28 AM)FlickerOfLigh Wrote: "Strange Brew," ladies and gentlemen. If this isnt the crowd that would ig a movie like this then I must be in the wrong place.  Cool If you've never seen it, enjoy.

take off eh

oh and youtube has a bunch of the great white north skits,

here's a one of my favorites, you might recognize.

later hosehead LMAO LMAO

RE: Strange Brew - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-22-2024

I remember that one. It hit theaters in Canada on August 19, 1983. America had to wait til August 26th.

[Image: wuLqMeL.jpg]

The film opens with a post-apocalyptic short, "Mutants of 2051 AD."

RE: Strange Brew - FlickerOfLight - 04-22-2024

I actually caught this movie while up late one night at about 12 years old on one of those "insomniac theater" late night tv broadcasts. I had a little old black and white tv, and would stay up late watching Elvira, and happen to come across this one.
Instantly loved it.
I had found it on dvd later on in life. I hadnt watched it in years but remembered the hockey dudes' mind control exercises and that being a backstory to it all. I had the illuminati stuff mixed up with another one of these old flicks. I still found it odd to have a suttle MK-ultra side story to it, though. 

One of my favorite lines is when they are flying down the hill in the van with no brakes and Doug says, "No point in stearin' now, eh?"

So many different elements of weird and funny in this movie.