Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
What do you do when it's all been done already - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: What do you do when it's all been done already (/showthread.php?tid=1966)

What do you do when it's all been done already - FlickerOfLight - 04-05-2024

Hello, Rogue-Nation. 

I'm just going to dive right into this.

After having a rough upbringing that lead to a drug addiction into my early adulthood which, of course, landed me in rehab, and then into my first big victory of my life which was conquering my addictions, so that they no longer had any hold on my life. The first year or so after this I had this strong desire to write a book about my experiences, and how I was able to do what so few were able to accomplish. I had this idea in my head for a long time, and as time went, and my experiences and wisdom grew the idea for the book grew and evolved in content. As the years went on the desire to write this book never left me.

My journey in this crazy life I've been living leads me to a spiritual awakening, which leads to transformation. More doors of Insight are opened and my desire to share this knowledge is always in my heart. As all of these new insights come to me, and as my understanding is growing, being the natural teacher that I am try and share some of my experiences with others around me. I'm surrounded by low vibrational people, so not only do they not understand, now they think I'm going crazy. So, I start to shut my mouth and keep these things to myself. 

Isolation comes.

Then depression hits harder than I've ever felt in my life. And it lasted. I soldiered through and as I was in the deepest darkest parts of my mind.....epiphanies start to come...and these are in the strongholds of my mind. I faced the darkest parts of my shadow, and made peace with them. I broke down not just walls I had built, but even down to my foundation. Wounds that stemmed from birth. The worst depression imaginable for months leads me to an even deeper rooted peace in my soul, as well as an astronomical epiphany. I was able to let some really important things go.

Me being me, again, wanted to share my experiences, because I know their are others going through the same things. It is my nature to want to help.

I'm looking around on YouTube and these sites and places alike, and I'm on YouTube and I run across a video and this person is telling the exact same story as me, same insights, same views and the same knowledge from these experiences. This leads me to finding more videos like this. Then more. And more. And more. 

I thought wow, okay, that's covered. 
I look at other forums and it's the same thing. 
It's all been done.
To death, at this point.

So, what does one do, when what you wanted to do has already been done? And I do mean, done. 

My desire to help others will never change.  It's just who I am. When I hit this realization I knew I was still on the path I was meant to be on because I have no earthly idea what I'm supposed to do next. No direction with this, no plan, but still I have no worries. 

I did find this conundrum interesting and so I thought I would lay it out for others to shoot ideas at me. Have fun with it because this isn't a serious matter on my heart. I was more like, wow, mmmkkayy, what now. I like to be unique and original with the projects i take on, but there's so much out there, that there is no more "unique and original." It's all been done. To death.  Funny

What do you do when it's all been done Rogue-Nation? Go fishing?

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 06:52 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: So, what does one do, when what you wanted to do has already been done? And I do mean, done. 

The most difficult thing in the world to do.

Be still and listen.

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - FlickerOfLight - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 09:02 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-05-2024, 06:52 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: So, what does one do, when what you wanted to do has already been done? And I do mean, done. 

The most difficult thing in the world to do.

Be still and listen.

When that's literally all you have then that's when you know it's time to be still. And I am most definitely there.

The funny thing, and the reason for the post is, after the book idea I had come up with a second idea. Then quickly realized it had been done. Then I came up with a third idea just recently, and I really thought I was on to something. As I was looking into some videos I run across someone telling my same story, same insights, same everything. Plus even more and deeper insights. The validation was cool, but I knew as soon as I saw it, it was back to the drawing board.

I'm good at, and with, a season of silence and still. I know I'll be having some peace and quiet.

I hear nature calling me out to her.

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - GeauxHomeLittleD - 04-05-2024

Take up knitting? 

Everything has been done before and will be done again. Maybe instead of writing a book or making a video try volunteering. Put your experience to work and try to help others who are where you have been.

Anybody can tell a story, not many have what it takes to use their experience to help others. Addicts in the throes of addiction don't want someone to "preach sobriety" at them, they need a meal or a coat or a ride to the free clinic.... actions speak louder than words.

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 10:02 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Take up knitting? 

Everything has been done before and will be done again. Maybe instead of writing a book or making a video try volunteering. Put your experience to work and try to help others who are where you have been.

Anybody can tell a story, not many have what it takes to use their experience to help others. Addicts in the throes of addiction don't want someone to "preach sobriety" at them, they need a meal or a coat or a ride to the free clinic.... actions speak louder than words.

I think you hit the nail on the head.

You said it all. Short, sweet, and to the point.

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - FlickerOfLight - 04-05-2024

(04-05-2024, 10:02 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: Take up knitting? 

I was thinking at looking deeper into this.
I already do this when and where I can.
The problem here is there's not many places at all for these people to go. If I had the funds I had considered opening and operating and mens shelter/rehab/AA&NA meetings place. Unfortunately that is far from my reach at this moment in time. But my immediate thoughts were towards looking more into the volunteering thing.
For now I think I'm going to just see what the wind blows my way.

I am thinking along those same lines too. Thank you.

And I think a new hobby is in order. I'd like to learn something new.

RE: What do you do when it's all been done already - NightskyeB4Dawn - 04-06-2024

(04-05-2024, 10:42 PM)FlickerOfLight Wrote: I was thinking at looking deeper into this.
I already do this when and where I can.
The problem here is there's not many places at all for these people to go. If I had the funds I had considered opening and operating and mens shelter/rehab/AA&NA meetings place. Unfortunately that is far from my reach at this moment in time. But my immediate thoughts were towards looking more into the volunteering thing.
For now I think I'm going to just see what the wind blows my way.

I am thinking along those same lines too. Thank you.

And I think a new hobby is in order. I'd like to learn something new.

I will admit that very few things that I have "wanted" to do have ever played out well. Almost every thing that has turned out well for me, are those things that seems like I accidentally tripped onto.

I have had wonderful luck with volunteering. Not only did I learn the joy and pleasure that comes from giving and not wanting, or expecting anything in return. I found the unknown gift, for many, as to the reward of learning how amazing people can be, when you least expect it.