Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Government Corruption Exposed (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding (/showthread.php?tid=1943)

Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - EndtheMadnessNow - 03-29-2024

[Image: L3z0FSF.jpg]
Quote:[Image: lBEP6RN.jpg]

This 254-page document not only outlines the fiscal challenges but also includes a chart that starkly illustrates the scale of the problem. While the actual deficit hovers around $2 trillion and the national debt has reached a colossal $35 trillion, the real concern arises from the unfunded obligations of Social Security and Medicare.

The root of this financial quagmire, it seems, lies in the mismanagement of funds by politicians who, instead of safeguarding the money poured into these programs, have effectively replaced it with IOUs—government bonds that are as substantial as the proverbial bag of sand in place of treasure. This misappropriation is significant, given that Social Security and Medicare constitute over a third of federal revenue through a 15.3% payroll tax, half of which is deceptively borne by employers.

Apart from the inherent inefficiencies of such government-run programs, which bleed billions in fraudulent claims annually, the fundamental flaw in their design echoes that of a Ponzi scheme: collect substantial funds from a large, contributing workforce to support a smaller, older population, with the promise of future benefits that are spent in the present.

The looming crisis is imminent, with projections indicating that Medicare funds will be depleted by 2031 and Social Security by 2033. To address this grim forecast, three potential solutions have been posited. First, reducing the number of beneficiaries, which would entail raising the retirement age— a politically charged and unpopular move. Second, increasing payroll taxes, which would be equally contentious given the flat nature of the tax. Lastly, the path of least resistance: cutting benefits.

Analysts expect a 23% reduction in benefits within the next decade, which will inevitably extend beyond the affluent to the middle class, as the number of wealthy individuals is insufficient to shoulder the shortfall. The outcome will force millions of Americans to rely increasingly on personal savings, which are already being eroded at an alarming rate.

As the nation grapples with this impending financial debacle, the question remains: how will Congress navigate these turbulent waters? The path they choose will not only impact the fiscal health of the country but will also determine the financial security of countless Americans in their twilight years.

Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding

The 254 page Financial Report (PDF)

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Ninurta - 03-29-2024

Thievin' bastards.

When you consider that Social Security payments only amount to a couple thousand dollars a month per person, or less, it would take a lot of months to add up to 1.4 MILLION dollars in deficit "per household" That tells me that the congress critters have way over-leveraged the SS till by too constantly sticking their hands into the cookie jar and leaving IOU's in place of the money we put into it to begin with.

In simple terms, congress has stolen the money they promised to hold for us for our retirement - that makes them nothing more than thieves.

Therefore, congress should be forced to make good on their promise, in full without reductions, and have all of their assets seized to cover it if necessary. Social Security was never meant to be a slush fund for Congress, and if they've stolen from it - which they obviously have - then they should be forced to make it whole again.

pretty simple... but wait and see which congress critter would vote for that!

Theivin' bastards. That's what we get for allowing foxes to guard the hen house.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - kdog - 03-29-2024

I got 2 1/2 years to collect early retirement, which I may hold out longer to get more money. It feels like almost getting to the finish line and a big sink hole opens up just before reaching it .

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Ninurta - 03-29-2024

(03-29-2024, 09:15 PM)kdog Wrote: I got 2 1/2 years to collect early retirement, which I may hold out longer to get more money. It feels like almost getting to the finish line and a big sink hole opens up just before reaching it .

I was going to take an early retirement, but when the time came, I discovered that the increase in income would cause my insurance to collapse, meaning I'd have to pay for any medical stuff out of pocket. Since one of my prescriptions is nearly 700 dollars a month, that would almost negate the value of having any retirement income - it would just wipe out a huge chunk of it as if it never existed to begin with, so why jump through the hoops of claiming it if it's just not going to show up any how?

The medicine in question is Eliquis. They fought in court and won an extension to their monopoly so that they could continue raking in robbery levels of income from it. There are generics available at substantially less cost, and I mean SUBSTABTIALLY less cost, like 1/20th or less of the cost of Eliquis, but the courts prevented them from going to market so that Bristol-Meyers Squibb could continue raping sick folks' wallets in the name of profit.

In a couple more years, their monopoly runs out - again, unless they manage to extend it again - so I'll have to wait for that time to come and see if I'll be able to both eat AND stay alive, both at the same time.

So, here I sit, just twiddling my thumbs and humming to myself.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-29-2024

(03-29-2024, 08:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Thievin' bastards.

When you consider that Social Security payments only amount to a couple thousand dollars a month per person, or less, it would take a lot of months to add up to 1.4 MILLION dollars in deficit "per household" That tells me that the congress critters have way over-leveraged the SS till by too constantly sticking their hands into the cookie jar and leaving IOU's in place of the money we put into it to begin with.

In simple terms, congress has stolen the money they promised to hold for us for our retirement - that makes them nothing more than thieves.

Therefore, congress should be forced to make good on their promise, in full without reductions, and have all of their assets seized to cover it if necessary. Social Security was never meant to be a slush fund for Congress, and if they've stolen from it - which they obviously have - then they should be forced to make it whole again.

pretty simple... but wait and see which congress critter would vote for that!

Theivin' bastards. That's what we get for allowing foxes to guard the hen house.

You are right. Those in our government have failed us again. They have been using us and stealing from us for a long time. The well is s dry, but the keep making the hole deeper. They won't stop until they reach China. And China is ready and waiting.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2024

(03-29-2024, 09:15 PM)kdog Wrote: I got 2 1/2 years to collect early retirement, which I may hold out longer to get more money. It feels like almost getting to the finish line and a big sink hole opens up just before reaching it .

Waiting will get you less money, and for a shorter amount of time. It just gives them more time to figure out a way to take even more from you.

Only 3 ways out of this mess. Reduce the numbers of people that receive benefits. Which means coming up with a clever way of killing off a lot of old folk. Increasing the age to receive benefits so high that fewer people will live long enough to apply for benefits. Or just say the well is dry and end the program all together.

I think they are already working on all three.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - 727Sky - 03-30-2024

Notice how they seem to never run out of welfare monies.....yet people who actually paid into the fund are out in the cold come the collapse ? 

To many young bloods to let welfare collapse as they might start burning down cities or something... costing the insurance companies money...can not have that going on now can we !

In the words of the great Vietnamese philosopher in his perfect Vietnamese accent "YOU Fuck Now!!"

I always liked him as he could cut through the B.S. with three simple words !! hahahha

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-30-2024

(03-30-2024, 11:52 AM)727Sky Wrote: Notice how they seem to never run out of welfare monies.....yet people who actually paid into the fund are out in the cold come the collapse ? 

To many young bloods to let welfare collapse as they might start burning down cities or something... costing the insurance companies money...can not have that going on now can we !

In the words of the great Vietnamese philosopher in his perfect Vietnamese accent "YOU Fuck Now!!"

I always liked him as he could cut through the B.S. with three simple words !! hahahha

Too many Boomers, and they are living too long.

Too many of their children are struggling to keep their heads above water, so they can't take on the responsibility of caring for their elder family members, and they are too busy taking care of their own grown children that can't make it in this world that they have created.

They stole the money because they didn't think they were going to get caught. Dead men tell no tales was the premise they were working off.

Now they don't try to hide their crimes. There are too many of them to hide, and we are too busy hating and fighting each other, we don't have the time, energy, money, or vitriol left to fight our real enemies. They aren't worried about a thing. The replacements have arrived.

Too bad they have not turned out to be as, docile, obedient, and grateful, as they thought they were going to be.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Snarl - 03-30-2024

(03-29-2024, 08:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Therefore, congress should be forced to make good on their promise, in full without reductions, and have all of their assets seized to cover it if necessary.

This ... exactly.

They need to find every Congress related ass-hat ... and strip them of everything. To ensure they're done ... put them in a uniform ... because the country needs to start a counter-invasion. What better way to dispose of these criminals permanently than by putting them on the Frontlines or Freedom. Send 'em south with a machete or a short sword and have them start claiming land for America.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - ancientlight - 03-30-2024

(03-29-2024, 04:36 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: [Image: L3z0FSF.jpg]
Quote:[Image: lBEP6RN.jpg]

This 254-page document not only outlines the fiscal challenges but also includes a chart that starkly illustrates the scale of the problem. While the actual deficit hovers around $2 trillion and the national debt has reached a colossal $35 trillion, the real concern arises from the unfunded obligations of Social Security and Medicare.

The root of this financial quagmire, it seems, lies in the mismanagement of funds by politicians who, instead of safeguarding the money poured into these programs, have effectively replaced it with IOUs—government bonds that are as substantial as the proverbial bag of sand in place of treasure. This misappropriation is significant, given that Social Security and Medicare constitute over a third of federal revenue through a 15.3% payroll tax, half of which is deceptively borne by employers.

Apart from the inherent inefficiencies of such government-run programs, which bleed billions in fraudulent claims annually, the fundamental flaw in their design echoes that of a Ponzi scheme: collect substantial funds from a large, contributing workforce to support a smaller, older population, with the promise of future benefits that are spent in the present.

The looming crisis is imminent, with projections indicating that Medicare funds will be depleted by 2031 and Social Security by 2033. To address this grim forecast, three potential solutions have been posited. First, reducing the number of beneficiaries, which would entail raising the retirement age— a politically charged and unpopular move. Second, increasing payroll taxes, which would be equally contentious given the flat nature of the tax. Lastly, the path of least resistance: cutting benefits.

Analysts expect a 23% reduction in benefits within the next decade, which will inevitably extend beyond the affluent to the middle class, as the number of wealthy individuals is insufficient to shoulder the shortfall. The outcome will force millions of Americans to rely increasingly on personal savings, which are already being eroded at an alarming rate.

As the nation grapples with this impending financial debacle, the question remains: how will Congress navigate these turbulent waters? The path they choose will not only impact the fiscal health of the country but will also determine the financial security of countless Americans in their twilight years.

Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding

The 254 page Financial Report (PDF)

IMO social security has been a scam. A way for people to hand over more money to some government scheme , in the hopes of receiving it back (and some) decades in the future. Similar to the so called lottery.

People should have saved for a house downpayment instead, and buy a property with that downpayment & a mortgage. The tenants pay of your mortgage in the next 20-30 years, and by the time you're ready to retire , your rental is paid of and can generate real income very month.

(03-30-2024, 05:46 PM)ancientlight Wrote: IMO social security has been a scam. A way for people to hand over more money to some government scheme , in the hopes of receiving it back (and some) decades in the future. Similar to the so called lottery.

People should have saved for a house downpayment instead, and buy a property with that downpayment & a mortgage. The tenants pay of your mortgage in the next 20-30 years, and by the time you're ready to retire , your rental is paid of and can generate real income very month.

Unfortunately home ownership has become even a bigger scam.

You will never own it. They will tax you at ridiculous rates yearly, and will take it from you without giving you a dime if you refuse to pay.

They will allow the insurance industry to charge you insane amounts of money, make demands on how you can use your land or maintain it, and if they want it, they will claim eminent domain and pay you pennies on the dollar for it.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Snarl - 03-31-2024

(03-30-2024, 05:57 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: You will never own it. They will tax you at ridiculous rates yearly, and will take it from you without giving you a dime if you refuse to pay.

And, that's why they really want us Boomers to be dead. We know the ENTIRETY of the tax system needs to be scrapped so it can't be a weapon used against the masses.

Even Warren Buffet has admitted that his secretary (who makes a quarter million/year) pays way more in taxes than he does, because she can't qualify for all the deductions he's allowed to take.  That's right SHE pays MORE. Which means HE's paying LESS than someone earning $250K/yr.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-31-2024

(03-31-2024, 02:29 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(03-30-2024, 05:57 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: You will never own it. They will tax you at ridiculous rates yearly, and will take it from you without giving you a dime if you refuse to pay.

And, that's why they really want us Boomers to be dead. We know the ENTIRETY of the tax system needs to be scrapped so it can't be a weapon used against the masses.

Even Warren Buffet has admitted that his secretary (who makes a quarter million/year) pays way more in taxes than he does, because she can't qualify for all the deductions he's allowed to take.  That's right SHE pays MORE. Which means HE's paying LESS than someone earning $250K/yr.

They want us incapacitated or dead. Things are getting too tight, and time is running out. They can't wait for us to go peacefully into the night or take the long walk. There are way too many of us, so they have to find another way. There is also the risk that Gen Z and Gen Alpha may actually start to smell the coffee and wake up. They can't afford for that to happen while us Boomers are still able to function.

RE: Retirement Crisis Ahead: $175 Trillion Gap in Social Security Funding - Snarl - 04-02-2024

(03-31-2024, 06:03 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(03-31-2024, 02:29 PM)Snarl Wrote:

There is also the risk that Gen Z and Gen Alpha may actually start to smell the coffee and wake up. They can't afford for that to happen while us Boomers are still able to function.

Maybe it's my lifestyle, but I can still cover a LOT of ground. No telling how much longer. Put on a LOT of weight without really understanding where it's coming from.

Gen Z and Gen A better start thinking about how they're going to deal with Gen II (Illegal Immigrant) if you ask me.  Laughing