Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
To Do / Done List - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation New Developments (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: To Do / Done List (/showthread.php?tid=19)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-06-2022

The list of to do got shorter than the list of done. That's a good thing.

*Note - I've expanded the thread avatar container fromm 177px to 200px, preparing for new avatar dimensions.

Enough for today.

Sol.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-07-2022

I've removed "follow us on youtube" and "contact us on whatsapp" on index.

Kept follow us on FB, Instagram and Twitter. All justify centered.

Those have been removed on mobile app as well.

Created a 'can't go without' absolutely needed feature: Return to Top.

Temporarily sitting in the footer:

[Image: Z5AMRFA.png]

Return to Top will get you back up there, where you last came from, be it a thread, home, the portal or wherever else.

A much needed feature. No. A MUST HAVE.

Marc.

Edit to add: works great, both on computer and on mobile.

Changing the avatar formats, when changed in one area screws up another...

Dimensions vary from the threads, to the portal, to the user area.

I've found that avatars with 150px X 150px give the best results everywhere.

Could be a compromise.

Putting a thread up on this.

M.

I've done a clean up of the links in the footer.

Proper links will need to be applied to Freeimage, Facebook and Twitter.

All proper links have been applied to the 'share this page' icons on index.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-09-2022

Tested the 'post soft delete' and it works great on my side.

Had to click the post on the top right corner of it, to single it out and then click 'Go' on soft delete.

Looks like this now:

[Image: 0pAeAoY.png]

Sorry Nin, had to use your sock puppet for that one as I didn't want to soft delete a regular member post.

:angel:

Edit to add: It's in Nin's testing thread.

RE: To Do / Done List - BIAD - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 10:30 AM)Sol Wrote: [Image: 0pAeAoY.png]

Sorry Nin, had to use your sock puppet for that one as I didn't want to soft delete a regular member post.

:angel:

Edit to add: It's in Nin's testing thread.

I'm starting to feel sorry for Ninurta's TestSock, he just never seems to get a break.
You are aware of the small political party 'TestSock Lives Matter', aren't you...? We're gathering in
strength daily and this sort of persecution cannot persist.
:sleepy:

(You can purchase your 'TestSock 4Ever' T-shirts at the Rogue Nation Gift Shop. Ask for Ernie)
:s

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-10-2022

Made fonts bigger in threads and posts.

Made fonts bigger in Shoutbox.

Presently doing a full back-up in CPanel.

RE: To Do / Done List - Gordi - 11-10-2022

I think I've fixed the Shoutbox text (end of line) word-breaking thing.

In AdminCP, Templates and Style, Themes, Rogue-Nation Discussion Board, global.css.

To fix SHOUTBOX word breaking at end of line...

Change:
global.css

line 1898
#shoutbox .avatar { height: 22px; }
#shoutbox .avatar img { margin: 0 auto; vertical-align: middle; max-height: 36px; max-width: 36px; border: solid 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.1); box-shadow: 0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); cursor: pointer; }
#shoutbox .user { border-right: solid 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; }
#shoutbox .text { width: 100%; color: #0087fd; word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; }

to

#shoutbox .avatar img { margin: 0 auto; vertical-align: middle; max-height: 36px; max-width: 36px; border: solid 1px rgba(255,255,255,0.1); box-shadow: 0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.1); cursor: pointer; }
#shoutbox .user { border-right: solid 1px rgba(0,0,0,0.05); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; }
#shoutbox .text { width: 100%; color: #0087fd; word-break: normal; word-wrap: break-word; }

G

(11-10-2022, 12:31 PM)Gordi Wrote: I think I've fixed the Shoutbox text (end of line) word-breaking thing.

In AdminCP, Templates and Style, Themes, Rogue-Nation Discussion Board, global.css.

To fix SHOUTBOX word breaking at end of line...

Change:
global.css

line 1898
#shoutbox .text { width: 100%; color: #0087fd; word-break: break-all; word-wrap: break-word; }

to

#shoutbox .text { width: 100%; color: #0087fd; word-break: normal; word-wrap: break-word; }

G

Seems to be working fine now! Well done, Sir !!!   Big Grin

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-11-2022

As requested by Snarl, I've just changed the length of the Shoutbox, from 160px to 320px.

Phones may have the media bar invading a bit of the shoutbox container so this should solve the issue.

Sol.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-11-2022

Just added an exclamation icon in the user dropdown menu for the Alerts.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-13-2022

The limit for posts rating has been removed and is now unlimited.

Sol.

RE: To Do / Done List - Rodinus - 11-16-2022

(11-02-2022, 07:40 AM)Sol Wrote:
(11-01-2022, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Is a separate plugin required for "Find All Posts" for any specific member? I can't find a way to find all posts or find all threads, and I think that would be handy in the hunt for spammers.

I warned my sock puppet, and warnings work just fine.

THAT, is one darn good question! Keeping a note. I think that there used to be a setting in the ACP configuration but not sure.
Have you tried lifting your right leg up really high whilst seated and then tried pressing the screen really hard with your foot?

RE: To Do / Done List - BIAD - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 07:20 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Have you tried lifting your right leg up really high whilst seated and then tried pressing the screen really hard with your foot?

I've just tried this and I can state categorically that it doesn't work.
(On a side-issue, how can one dislodge a stiletto shoe from a keyboard?)
Smile

RE: To Do / Done List - Rodinus - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 08:24 AM)BIAD Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 07:20 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Have you tried lifting your right leg up really high whilst seated and then tried pressing the screen really hard with your foot?

Smile
Try a crowbar.

RE: To Do / Done List - Ninurta - 11-16-2022

(11-16-2022, 09:27 AM)Rodinus Wrote:
(11-16-2022, 08:24 AM)BIAD Wrote:

Smile
Try a crowbar.

Or maybe flip it over and use a 5 pound hammer....

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-18-2022

I've moved most of the threads to their relevant boards. The no longer relevant ones have gone to the Dumpster, not deleting them in case we need a future reference.

I'm out for a few errands now but will prepare the announcements (on both sites) for members migrating from RN3 to RN when I get back.

We should be getting a few new arrivals over the weekend.

Sol.