Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
To Do / Done List - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue's Grand Hall (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation New Developments (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: To Do / Done List (/showthread.php?tid=19)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-23-2022

This is a list of tweaks to be done, plugins to be installed.

You may reply and leave comments and feedback, the OP will be edited each time something is crossed off the list.

Once the deed is done, please cut and paste to the DONE section.

TO DO

- Shoutbox alerts are not showing - Due to DVZ Mentions not installed yet

- Automatic Welcome letter for new members plugin needs to be installed

- Social Media Registering plugin needs to be installed

- 'Follow us on FB, Instagram & Twitter' links to be applied when the RN social medias are ready.

DONE

- Banner container on all pages

- All plugins are installed

- Replace Volare logo to Rogue-Nation logo

- Fix signature container size

- Mobile reply box needs different background color to avoid blank white box

- Shoutbox text needs color

- SuperModerator group username color changed from pink to orange (requested by Snarl). G

- Replace that stupid Notes footer follow rules to Reminder ' Be different! Be yourself! Dare to be a Rogue!!!

- PM alert needs contrasting colors

- Thank You Bar under post needs contrasting colors

- Fonts to be clearer in certain areas

- Change script font to regular font in top user dropdown menu

- Change script font to regular font in footer

- Alert pop up needs contrasting colors

- Shoutbox title needs color

- Fonts to be a bit bigger in certain areas

- Ratings box needs contrasting colors

- Change background color contrast in footer drop down menus

- Banner container needs to be aligned with the Forum threads

- Remove useless animation from bell on top user menu

- Remove useless animation from Author's logo in footer

- Useless Announcement bars have been taken out

- Avatars in UserCP and Memberlist are now rectangular

- Removed "follow us on youtube" and "comtact us on whatsapp" from index

- We need a Return to Top feature, possibly in links at the bottom

- Avatars in the Portal need to be resized a bit smaller for mobile version

- Change links at the bottom to links members will use

- Add proper links to all social media icons throughout the site

- Fonts in threads and posts changed from 14px to 16px

- Changed Shoutbox text from 12px to 14px

- Thank You system needs to have settings set

- Fixed SHOUTBOX word-breaking at end of each line. (G)

- Changed length of the Shoutbox from 160px to 320px for better mobile visibility

- Add an icon to the Alerts in User dropdown menu

- Make fonts bigger in new threads/reply boxes

- Remove limit from Rating system (feedback from Snarl)

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-23-2022

Just to note that the mobile app is still working great after the tweaks done so far. 

But those mobile avatars in the Portal really need to be resized to half their desktop counterparts. 100X200 instead of 200X400. 

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-24-2022

I've just moved this thread to the Member Forum so that everyone can see what has been done so far and what is to come.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-24-2022

I've taken out the Volare logo. Need to create a link for the banners to be uploaded into the container. Nav logos need to be center justified.

Just leaving a note here as I'm about to call it a night..

Sol.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-25-2022

I have created a banner container and now the banner sits where it should.

BUT 

It cuts the end of the index page on the right to 80 - 85%. (?)

The Portal and all other pages are ok.

The Mobile pages are all ok.

Once I've readjusted the index to be full page, the header logos (home, portal, etc) need to be recentered.

RE: To Do / Done List - Freija - 10-28-2022

I see the progress you are making and it is great!

Two cents isn't worth much in today's economy and it's not my place to say anything but...

The links bar - Home, Portal, Memberlist, Search and Contact Us is a gigantic waste of space and I think most would be happy with just text links in a much more narrow band.

As far as I'm concerned, and I think many would agree, the bar with social media links could disappear completely.

Anyway, keep up the good work! Big Grin

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-28-2022

I think that this is a good idea. All of those links are available in the footer area anyway. 

Taking a note. I’m off this weekend and I plan on doing as much as I can to get this theme ready for RN3. 

The Home Portal Contact us and login/register is still way too wide. Once that is corrected, I plan on installing the mentions and shoutbox plugins. 

What’ll be left to tweak are the round avatars to be changed to rectangular ones. 

It’s a long process and I wish I had more time on my hands. I’m disappointed that I couldn’t get it ready for the halloween party but there’s only so much I can do. 

Thank you for the feedback, it’s not only appreciated but your comment makes sense!

See y’all later!

Marc.

RE: To Do / Done List - Gordi - 10-30-2022

@Sol, @Ninurta

Guys,
As requested, I've been testing various aspects of the site using VOLARE theme.

When testing editing someone else's post, then testing Moderator options on that post (Soft Deleting with a view to Restoring)... the post in question has disappeared completely, as if it was "Permanently Deleted".

The "Edit" worked fine - I added a "Test Editing this Post" line to the Post, and that worked.
But testing the "Soft Delete" option seems to have removed the post completely?

The Moderator log confirms that I "Soft Deleted" the post too.

The Post was from NinTestSock account in the Member/Guest Test Area, Just a Test Thread.
The NinTestSock account still shows 1 Post made, but I cannot link to it - it's not available?

Is there a glitch in the Moderating Post options?

G

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-30-2022

(10-30-2022, 12:23 PM)Gordi Wrote: @Sol, @Ninurta

Guys,

When testing editing someone else's post, then testing Moderator options on that post (Soft Deleting with a view to Restoring)... the post in question has disappeared completely, as if it was "Permanently Deleted".

The "Edit" worked fine - I added a "Test Editing this Post" line to the Post, and that worked.

The Post was from NinTestSock account in the Member/Guest Test Area, Just a Test Thread.
The NinTestSock account still shows 1 Post made, but I cannot link to it - it's not available?

G

I'm not aware of a glitch. Haven't tried it though. I will.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 10-30-2022

Shoutbox works fine off my phone.

RE: To Do / Done List - BIAD - 10-31-2022

There was someone asking join called 'Zoo-something-India' on Halloween evening GMT and after
checking his/her I.P address, I found they were a keen spammer. (Deleted)

We may have to set up a restricted thread where I.P check-sites can be easily accessed for wanted
and unwanted applicants.
:-/

Also, an easy-to-understand explanation to Moderators on how to deal with these applicants and
what to look for with a Spammer.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-01-2022

(10-31-2022, 08:05 PM)BIAD Wrote: There was someone asking join called 'Zoo-something-India' on Halloween evening GMT and after
checking his/her I.P address, I found they were a keen spammer. (Deleted)

We may have to set up a restricted thread where I.P check-sites can be easily accessed for wanted
and unwanted applicants.
:-/

Also, an easy-to-understand explanation to Moderators on how to deal with these applicants and

Good idea! Maybe a tutorial.. The thread about spammers will be transferred here with the database but perhaps we should move it to the all staff board once it's here?

Just noticed that some of the changes I had made, such as changing the color of the Shoutbox title and text fonts has reverted to what it used to be?

??????

On mobile, I’m just getting a white box where the rate/thank you and other features shoul be. 

Will look into that tonight.

RE: To Do / Done List - BIAD - 11-01-2022

(11-01-2022, 07:04 AM)Sol Wrote:
(10-31-2022, 08:05 PM)BIAD Wrote: ...Also, an easy-to-understand explanation to Moderators on how to deal with these applicants and

Good idea! Maybe a tutorial.. The thread about spammers will be transferred here with the database but perhaps
we should move it to the all staff board once it's here?

I'd suggest throwing out all the earlier postings of spammer-attempts, they now have no bearing on the current situation
and just weighty page fillers. That way, links to I.P Check sites would be easier to access and is the idea of notifying ourselves
of something done really relevant after the fact?

The Staff Board would be the appropriate area if those who can access it also have the ability to allow/refuse entry of applicants
and are aware of the seriousness of holding such permission.

RE: To Do / Done List - Ninurta - 11-01-2022

(10-30-2022, 12:23 PM)Gordi Wrote: @Sol, @Ninurta

Guys,

G

If I recall correctly, I made a couple posts from that account to test what members see and experience, so if one post got perma-zapped, then it would stand to reason that one still shows rather than two.

"Soft delete" used to turn the post background white, but it could still be seen by staff for review, just not by the membership.

Also, to test the ugly moderator options, the "NinTestSock" can be used. but an IP ban of that account would bugger the access of The real Ninurta ™ account. Warning, time-outs, etc should be fine to test, though.

RE: To Do / Done List - Ninurta - 11-01-2022

Is a separate plugin required for "Find All Posts" for any specific member? I can't find a way to find all posts or find all threads, and I think that would be handy in the hunt for spammers.

I warned my sock puppet, and warnings work just fine.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-02-2022

(11-01-2022, 07:24 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Is a separate plugin required for "Find All Posts" for any specific member? I can't find a way to find all posts or find all threads, and I think that would be handy in the hunt for spammers.

I warned my sock puppet, and warnings work just fine.

THAT, is one darn good question! Keeping a note. I think that there used to be a setting in the ACP configuration but not sure.

RE: To Do / Done List - Sol - 11-02-2022

I notice that a lot of the changes I've done have reverted to their original settings and that pisses me off...

I could be wrong but I think that changing the settings in the CPanel is useless. It needs to be changed in the ACP templates. Or both?

Something is making those changes go back to the default mode. And the default mode was created without a lot of deep thinking.

As Freija said in another post, the theme author didn't exactly break his balls trying to contrast different colors. Or adjusting font sizes, for instance.

Now with Freija having keys and with Gordi a bit more available, I'll be able to concentrate on major settings that are needed, for which I'll be available this coming weekend.

A bit frustrated that some changes have set back to default. But hey...no deadlines at least.

Marc.

RE: To Do / Done List - Ninurta - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Sol Wrote: I notice that a lot of the changes I've done have reverted to their original settings and that pisses me off...

I could be wrong but I think that changing the settings in the CPanel is useless. It needs to be changed in the ACP templates. Or both?

Something is making those changes go back to the default mode. And the default mode was created without a lot of deep thinking.

As Freija said in another post, the theme author didn't exactly break his balls trying to contrast different colors. Or adjusting font sizes, for instance.

Now with Freija having keys and with Gordi a bit more available, I'll be able to concentrate on major settings that are needed, for which I'll be available this coming weekend.

A bit frustrated that some changes have set back to default. But hey...no deadlines at least.

Marc.

There may be a command hierarchy where lower level commands override higher level commands coming down, as they get closer to the site, to prevent conflicts in command mismatches.