Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
So, Yesterday - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Daily Chit Chat (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=91)
+--- Thread: So, Yesterday (/showthread.php?tid=1886)

So, Yesterday - Snarl - 03-11-2024

A buyer's agent drove up. He says he has a client who wants to make an offer on the property. I asked him how much and he said he'd like to sit down and discuss it. I told him he better say a number or turn around and leave.

Well ... he told me. I almost sat down right there on the driveway. 'Somebody' wants this place at over three times what I've got invested in it. We went inside to discuss details over coffee. The wife was ready to sign right there on the spot. If that number is real we won't ever have to worry about money again.

We've been planning and preparing to move closer to our kids ... and I really am getting too old for this kind of lifestyle. The property I have under development will be finished between September and December. It's still a hardhat area and a little too soon for even limited occupancy. I say this as my Army brother has to have a roof over his head too.

I guess if we have to we can move down to Texas for a while. Moving sucks. Was hoping for just one last bounce ... but we'd have to do two if this thing happens in a hurry.

Cross your fingers for us!!

RE: So, Yesterday - Ninurta - 03-11-2024

Congrats on the sale and getting set up for life!

I do wonder whether it's the Chinese or Bill Gates buying the place, considering the offer made. Has to be one or the other, or maybe Black Rock. Can't see anyone else offering 3 times the market value.

If they want it that bad, they ought to be willing to close the deal with a provision to allow you to stay on there until your next landing place is ready. Just a few months isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things when a deep-pocket buyer just wants to scarf up some land to keep other folks from getting it.

I've got some undeveloped land in another state that a year or two ago I got a bite on, and it wasn't even up for sale. "Someone" was just going through land books trying to buy places up, and contacted me through their agent. I turned 'em down before they even got to the offer part, just because that place is my hedge-bet - it's some place to go if I ever have nowhere to go, so I'm hanging on to it until the bitter end.

But, yeah, "someone" has been trolling rural areas and trying to buy up acreage. Gotta wonder what their end game is....

RE: So, Yesterday - BIAD - 03-11-2024

BIAD and myself have toes crossed too!
Smile thumbsup2

RE: So, Yesterday - NightskyeB4Dawn - 03-11-2024

(03-11-2024, 06:20 PM)Snarl Wrote: A buyer's agent drove up. He says he has a client who wants to make an offer on the property. I asked him how much and he said he'd like to sit down and discuss it. I told him he better say a number or turn around and leave.

Well ... he told me. I almost sat down right there on the driveway. 'Somebody' wants this place at over three times what I've got invested in it. We went inside to discuss details over coffee. The wife was ready to sign right there on the spot. If that number is real we won't ever have to worry about money again.

We've been planning and preparing to move closer to our kids ... and I really am getting too old for this kind of lifestyle. The property I have under development will be finished between September and December. It's still a hardhat area and a little too soon for even limited occupancy. I say this as my Army brother has to have a roof over his head too.

I guess if we have to we can move down to Texas for a while. Moving sucks. Was hoping for just one last bounce ... but we'd have to do two if this thing happens in a hurry.

Cross your fingers for us!!

Yeah, they are on the prowl everywhere. I think the plan is to buy out those that are most likely to fight back or make too much noise. Make them an offer they can't refuse.

They will regulate and tax out those that are sitting on the fence.

In the end only the wealthy and their minions will be land owners. No matter how much they pay you, the likelihood of you ever being able to buy it back, will be minimal or impossible.

Nothing new under the sun. Another case of history repeating itself.

RE: So, Yesterday - Bally002 - 03-11-2024

Good news,

Well done @"Snarl"#9 

Kind regards,

Bally)