Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Me Hate Shrinkflation Me Cookies Are Getting Smaller - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: General News and/or Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=45)
+--- Thread: Me Hate Shrinkflation Me Cookies Are Getting Smaller (/showthread.php?tid=1871)

Me Hate Shrinkflation Me Cookies Are Getting Smaller - SomeJackleg - 03-05-2024

[Image: CM.png]

https://x.com/MeCookieMonster/status/1764692032914690276?s=20

it appears to that the dem ones are starting to go after shrinkflation.

a couple of dem senators jumped on it real quick, one turned out to be just a campaign fund raising bumming sales pitch.

Quote:In response, Brown wrote: "Me too, Cookie Monster. Big corporations shrink the size of their products without shrinking their prices, all to pay for CEO bonuses. People in my state of Ohio are fed up — they should get all the cookie they pay for.

this one is the campaign fund raising bumming sales pitch.

campaign fund raising bumming sales pitch, cookie monster his post on X

Quote:Sen. Bob Casey, D-Pennsylvania, also responded to the hungry blue monster, saying: ‘I’m on it."

"I need your help to hold big corporations accountable for using shrinkflation to rake in record profits," he wrote. "Can you chip in $3 to help fight back?"

both above come from here, Sen. Sherrod Brown, Cookie Monster calls out companies over 'Shrinkflation'; 'Cookies are getting smaller'
but casey has introduced a bill to go after it and he calls it greedflation,

Quote:Bill empowers Federal Trade Commission and state attorneys general to crack down on corporations reducing product size without a reduction in price

Since fall 2023, Senator Casey has produced four reports detailing his investigations into corporate greed squeezing families’ budgets

Stop Shrinkflation: Casey Introduces Legislation to Crack Down on Big Corporations Shrinking Products Without Reducing Prices

and the hiding the campaign fund raising bumming sales pitch. it's on the cookie monster link above.

[Image: CM2.png]

slo joe is even getting into it,

slo joe and the whitehouse crew announce they are going after shrinkflation .

Quote:President Joe Biden on Tuesday will launch a new task force to take on “unfair and illegal” corporate pricing, which Biden sees as a major reason why consumers are not yet feeling the impact of cooling inflation rates and a strong economy.

The task force will be jointly led by the Federal Trade Commission and the Department of Justice, two agencies at the forefront of the Biden administration’s aggressive regulatory agenda over the past three years.

Biden to launch task force to crack down on 'unfair and illegal pricing' amid rising inflation

now don't get me wrong, even though this comes right during the election cycle and addressing the fear that voters are pissed about the cost of living and are afraid their going to be voted out, it's still is a good thing. 

but it's not the real problem, there are two reasons for the high cost of living, and shrinkflation.

first is, even though inflation is cooling it's still high and the fed hasn't reduced interest rates. companies are still paying more for materials and trying to stay afloat, and i would say greed is part of it also.

second is bidenomics, things weren't all that bad under trump, in fact they were pretty good until the plandemic, and then biden took office and let the cdc shut down everything.

until inflation is under control and reduced and bidenomics done away with noithing will change.

oh and one more thing, shrinkflation started a long time ago, back when the FTC allowed the first ice cream sale of less than a half gallon and allowed companies to still call them a half gallon so long as the actual weight was on the carton.

Blue Bell commercial posted in 2011 and is about bell blues brithday in 2007, and i'm sure it goes back even further. notice the still full half gallon on the carton.

from the description of the video,

Quote:13,145 views Mar 6, 2011
The video consist of three defferant versions of happy birthday for bluebell 100th birthday celebration in the year of 2007.The audio sounds were recorded at sugarhill recording studios in houston,texas. The video was shot at and by moffett produtions in houston,texas.The choir version was arranged by joe "qb" stevenson.It was shown in the following states,kansas.oklahoma,texas,louisiana,mississippi,alabama,georgia and a few other southern states.The add ran from april1,2007 until july 2007.

the video,

RE: Me Hate Shrinkflation Me Cookies Are Getting Smaller - Ninurta - 03-05-2024

Well.

If I owned a company, and the Democrats started trying to squeeze me out of business like this, by passing laws intended only to cover their own asses regarding their dismal economic policies, I'd just say "Fine.. I'll stop reducing weights, and instead start increasing prices to reflect the increased costs of Bidenflation. And I'll run ads nationwide explaining the reasons for that to people. Y'all have a nice time with your attempts at sleight of hand to cover your own asses. At the end of the day, your asses will still be swinging in the wind... and I'll still be in business."

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1952]

RE: Me Hate Shrinkflation Me Cookies Are Getting Smaller - EndtheMadnessNow - 03-05-2024

Ah, we're back to cookies again.

You know come summer it'll be back to 'We all scream for ice cream'

Some BS I fed into AI lyrics machine and this is what it spit out:

Glorious Questions

Verse 1

Blue, a violent storm
tears on Joe Biden
when hate was born

Eviscerate, Independence, mutilate
with East Coast
love desecrates

March towards oblivion