Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Rogue Politics (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+--- Forum: Government Corruption Exposed (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims (/showthread.php?tid=1840)

New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Infolurker - 02-29-2024

New York Democrat crazies are going to sue businesses out of existence now. Of course, they are going after the meat / food.

Nutcases.

https://www.wsj.com/business/new-york-attorney-general-sues-meatpacker-jbs-over-climate-claims-e900f75d

https://www.msn.com/en-au/money/companies/new-york-sues-meatpacking-giant-jbs-over-climate-claims/ar-BB1j3XFb

Quote:NEW YORK (Reuters) - JBS, the world's largest beef producer, was sued on Wednesday by New York state's attorney general, which accused it of misleading the public about its impact on the environment in order to boost sales.

Attorney General Letitia James said JBS USA Food Co, the Brazilian company's American-based unit, has "no viable plan" to reach net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2040, making its stated commitment to achieving that goal false and misleading.
James said JBS has admitted its "Net Zero by 2040" commitment did not incorporate the vast majority of greenhouse gas emissions from its supply chain, including from deforestation in the Amazon.
She also said reaching the goal was "infeasible" given JBS' plan to increase production and therefore its carbon footprint, on top of greenhouse gas emissions that had by 2021 exceeded those of the entire country of Ireland.
"Families [are] willing to spend more of their hard-earned money on products from brands that are better for the environment," James said in a statement. "JBS USA's greenwashing exploits the pocketbooks of everyday Americans and the promise of a healthy planet for future generations."

RE: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Ninurta - 02-29-2024

I'm torn by this news, don't really know what to think about it.

On the one hand, it's a ridiculous notion that a company can be sued for not having a carbon footprint plan that meets the standards of a Leftist government.

On the other hand, it's not like it's an American company, so what do I care what happens to it? It's a Brazilian company, so maybe rather than taking unfair trade advantages of America, It would like to try operating under Brazilian law? For instance, in Brazil, a land owner is only allowed to do as he sees fit with 20% of his own damned land... but the government expects him to pay taxes on 100% of his own land - the 20% he can use as well as the 80% that the government gets to control.

In Brazil, the government will give exorbitant fines to a campesino for cutting down a tree on the wrong part of his own land. By "exorbitant", I mean fines of between 150,000 and a quarter million dollars to a campesino that is lucky to make 2000.00 dollars a year. It would take such a campesino between 75 and 125 YEARS to pay off such a fine, even if he put every dime he made in those years on the fine and starved his own wife and kids to do it..All because he cut down a tree on the wrong part of his own damned land. It's ridiculous.

On top of that, I find it hilarious that any government anywhere would find Letitia James to be qualified to argue law before the bar. That fact by itself tells me everything I need t know about the New York Bar.

Personally, I think that if JBS is bothered by this case, then it should simply stop doing business in New York. Let Letitia James figure out how to feed New York without their input. If it's no longer doing business in New York, then NY no longer has any standing to complain about how JBS does business.

RE: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Snarl - 02-29-2024

(02-29-2024, 03:41 AM)Ninurta Wrote: NY no longer has any standing to complain

I hope the truckers stop making deliveries to NYC.

RE: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Michigan Swamp Buck - 02-29-2024

Some meat packers from Brazil claim a bogus green initiative, I not only believe it, I applaud the effort to pull the wool over the eyes of some overzealous, virtue-signaling government entity. That's opportunistic capitalism striving for a free market, or some lying corrupt corporate scumbags based south of the border.

RE: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Ninurta - 02-29-2024

(02-29-2024, 03:51 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(02-29-2024, 03:41 AM)Ninurta Wrote: NY no longer has any standing to complain

I hope the truckers stop making deliveries to NYC.

That would be prudent.

Considering the way New York treats folks who do business there, folks who actually bring in revenue to New York, it would seem prudent to just not do business there, not even cross their borders.

Matter of fact, I think it would be prudent for the business folks on Wall Street to start looking for a new home, too. I hear Charlotte, NC likes business folks...

RE: New York Attorney General Sues Meatpacker JBS Over Climate Claims - Snarl - 02-29-2024

(02-29-2024, 05:17 AM)Michigan Swamp Buck Wrote: or some lying corrupt corporate scumbags based south of the border.

Not a BRICS member by any chance?  Laughing