Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
China and India having another clash and face off - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: General and Breaking News Events (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+--- Forum: Breaking News (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=44)
+--- Thread: China and India having another clash and face off (/showthread.php?tid=179)

China and India having another clash and face off - 727Sky - 12-13-2022

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - Ninurta - 12-13-2022

"Line of actual control" - what a lovely name for a border! We could call our southern border that in the US, except we'd have to have some actual control there...

"Negotiate a resolution" - I have a resolution: The CCP should stop trying to invade India. I think that would resolve it very well, don't you? A good bargaining chip would be for India to say "Here's an idea - if China stops trying to invade across the border, we'l stop shooting Chinese troops, and if they keep trying, we'll keep shooting. Is that agreeable as a resolution?"

No more talks - they've talked enough, and the CCP isn't listening, so India should do just what India is doing... sit and wait, and light 'em up every time they cross the border, but just not say any more to China. Talk is cheap, but the price of lead gets the point across better when folks act like they can't hear you. That crack-splat of incoming rounds has a way of getting attention.

ETA: I'm watching this video on YouTube, and the CCP propagandists are out in force in the chat accompanying it.  They sound very Borg-like "Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated." They don't seem to understand, or don't want someone else to understand, that India is a little different now than it was in 1962, 1967, etc.

If anyone want to watch it, you've got to get past all the global warming bullshit to get into the meat of the matter.

My favorite line in the propaganda bot wars so far: "Free West Taiwan!"

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - DISRAELI - 12-13-2022

I'm convinced that the Chinese are genuinely not interested in invading India as such, because India was never under Chinese control in the past. Their interest in east Asia is "getting back" any territory which used to be under Chinese control or influence (however remotely) in the old days. So Mongolia, east Siberia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Tibet, yes. India, no. Getting absolute control of the mountain frontier with India is something they want for its own sake, not as a launching pad for an attack on the Ganges valley.

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - Rodinus - 12-13-2022

I saw on the news here in France this morning that a dozen or more Chinese capable nuke bombers had flown into the Taïwan air space...

OOOoooo!

Sabre rattling?

Kindest respects 

Rodinus

(12-13-2022, 09:36 AM)DISRAELI Wrote: I'm convinced that the Chinese are genuinely not interested in invading India as such, because India was never under Chinese control in the past. Their interest in east Asia is "getting back" any territory which used to be under Chinese control or influence (however remotely) in the old days. So Mongolia, east Siberia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Tibet, yes. India, no. Getting absolute control of the mountain frontier with India is something they want for its own sake, not as a launching pad for an attack on the Ganges valley.

I can understand what you're saying, but isn't it a bit like saying that an attack on Kent doesn't count as an attack on England?

We have a somewhat similar situation in the US - a group called "La Raza" wants to take control of the western US for Mexico, because it was Spanish before we won part of it in the Mexican War and bought the rest. The areas you mention were indeed once under Chinese control, but that was under the old management, not the new management, so as far as I'm concerned, the CCP has no legitimate claim of any kind on any of it. The CCP never controlled it.

Borders come and borders go, lands are gained and lost in the march of time, and even entire nations dissolve and reform with new boundaries and new Overlords.

(12-13-2022, 09:56 AM)Rodinus Wrote: I saw on the news here in France this morning that a dozen or more Chinese capable nuke bombers had flown into the Taïwan air space...

OOOoooo!

Sabre rattling?

Kindest respects 

Rodinus

Xi Jinpeng is under fire, the natives are restless and found the testicular fortitude to protest in China, so in order to distract them, he has to give them something else to look at... and, in the end, he can use such shenanigans to appeal to the Chinese sense of patriotism and try to pull them back together under the CCP. It's a tried and true formula worldwide.

Odd that they closed up shop on one of their main state supported covid tracking apps at midnight last night, right in the middle of a supposed zero-covid lockdown policy, innit?

That moment when you realize there are a lot more of them than there are of you, and they are really pissed off.... "oh look! a squirrel! And here's an ice cream cone for ya! Now calm down and put yer handcuffs back on so we can all pull on the same chain-gang again, mmkay?"

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - DISRAELI - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 10:31 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:36 AM)DISRAELI Wrote: I'm convinced that the Chinese are genuinely not interested in invading India as such, because India was never under Chinese control in the past. Their interest in east Asia is "getting back" any territory which used to be under Chinese control or influence (however remotely) in the old days. So Mongolia, east Siberia, Korea, Taiwan, Vietnam, Tibet, yes. India, no. Getting absolute control of the mountain frontier with India is something they want for its own sake, not as a launching pad for an attack on the Ganges valley.

I can understand what you're saying, but isn't it a bit like saying that an attack on Kent doesn't count as an attack on England?

We have a somewhat similar situation in the US - a group called "La Raza" wants to take control of the western US for Mexico, because it was Spanish before we won part of it in the Mexican War and bought the rest. The areas you mention were indeed once under Chinese control, but that was under the old management, not the new management, so as far as I'm concerned, the CCP has no legitimate claim of any kind on any of it. The CCP never controlled it.

Borders come and borders go, lands are gained and lost in the march of time, and even entire nations dissolve and reform with new boundaries and new Overlords.

No, the Chinese are not attacking Kent. They're trying to control the English Channel. That's the closer analogy.
I'm not suggesting legitimacy of claim. I'm theorising about the psychology of wanting to claim. The occupation of Tibet showed the "recovery of suzerainty" psychology at work. As does the claim on Taiwan.

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - Rodinus - 12-13-2022

(12-13-2022, 10:37 AM)Ninurta Wrote:
(12-13-2022, 09:56 AM)Rodinus Wrote: I saw on the news here in France this morning that a dozen or more Chinese capable nuke bombers had flown into the Taïwan air space...

OOOoooo!

Sabre rattling?

Kindest respects 

Rodinus

Xi Jinpeng is under fire, the natives are restless and found the testicular fortitude to protest in China, so in order to distract them, he has to give them something else to look at... and, in the end, he can use such shenanigans to appeal to the Chinese sense of patriotism and try to pull them back together under the CCP. It's a tried and true formula worldwide.

Odd that they closed up shop on one of their main state supported covid tracking apps at midnight last night, right in the middle of a supposed zero-covid lockdown policy, innit?

That moment when you realize there are a lot more of them than there are of you, and they are really pissed off.... "oh look! a squirrel! And here's an ice cream cone for ya! Now calm down and put yer handcuffs back on so we can all pull on the same chain-gang again, mmkay?"

And of course here in France the MSM are spouting that Covid 19 has spiked humongously in certain districts of China or however you spell that since the Chinese suddenly dropped most of their restrictions ...

Right... Back to the wood chopping I go....

RE: China and India having another clash and face off - 727Sky - 12-14-2022

The vaccines the Chinese used for C-19 are even more useless than alligator dung under the nose as far as preventing C-19 Rolleyes