Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
The life of Brian - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Members Interests (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=90)
+--- Forum: Movies & TV Shows (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=100)
+--- Thread: The life of Brian (/showthread.php?tid=1771)

The life of Brian - 727Sky - 02-07-2024

I remember when the movie was released and all the religious protest that made people want to see the movie even more. I saw it and do not remember anything that would have gotten someone bent out of shape...but some people are always looking for something to be offended by IMO.

The video is rather dark compared to the movie seen in theaters but the audio is OK. I never saw what all the hubbub was about ?

RE: The life of Brian - GeauxHomeLittleD - 02-07-2024

When this movie came out our parents took us to the theater in the next county to see it. As we were the only family (as opposed to all adults) in attendance after the film we were bombarded by reporters questioning my parents on their decision to bring us to see it deep in the Bible Belt. Needless to say by the next day we were snubbed by people in our town and most of our friends weren't allowed to come to our house for a long time after. We just thought the movie was hilarious. No regrets!

Edit to add: Also this is how my reputation of being a "whore" began... at 12 years old with no idea what that word even meant! Just from going to see a movie with my parents in deep SE Texas. Fortunately my baby sister ( only 7 at the time) was too young for the title to stick. Ahhh memories!

RE: The life of Brian - Ninurta - 02-07-2024

I don't remember the original release of the film - I was too busy at the time trying to avoid getting my ass shot off by Catholic Jesuit-inspired little brown hooligans who had the gall to not even speak my language before trying to violently separate me from my ass, and looking for a way to get back into the US after leaving my Identity papers buried in a dank, damp, dark jungle grave in an attempt to avoid detection at checkpoints. Even back then, they were sticklers for having an ID before letting one into the Land of the Great PX. Protestations of being an American citizen didn't carry much weight in those pre-BidenHarris days without some kind of proof.

My, how the times have changed!

When I finally did see it, I couldn't pick out any particular parts that folks ought to get their bloomers in a twist over. In the time period depicted, there actually WERE just a boat-load of "messiahs" roaming the Holy Lands, trying to get a toe hold in the power structure. Both the Bible and Josephus mention them, sometimes at length, so I couldn't figure out why folks were getting their dander up over it - I mean, it couldn't get much more Biblical, if folks knew their Biblical history... which, as it turns out, a great number of alleged "Christians" didn't.

Even Barabbas was one of those wannabe messiahs, one among many. So I could not fathom why allegedly religious folks thought that mention of alternate alleged Messiahs was being disrespectful, or whatever it was they were thinking - even their own Holy Books mentioned the same phenomena. Maybe they just couldn't read or something.

Some folks just have their corsets laced too damned tight to breathe some times!