Rogue-Nation Discussion Board
Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - Printable Version

+- Rogue-Nation Discussion Board (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb)
+-- Forum: Guohua's Lounge (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=120)
+--- Forum: Rogue-Nation's Music and Media Den (https://rogue-nation.com/mybb/forumdisplay.php?fid=122)
+--- Thread: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues (/showthread.php?tid=175)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-17-2023

when i was a kid 8 9 or 10, i went shopping with one of my anuts. was singing this song and she told me to stop, said i sound like white trash, just made me sing it louder. won't ever forget that and she hasn't either, i sing it every time i see her. except i'd add a extra yeah yeah.

here's a treat, rockabilly style

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-17-2023

couple of my favorite rockabilly, and covers.

original, for some reason there are folks think buddy holly did this song, fact is the crickets didn't record this until after he died, it was written by the guy that took his place on lead vocals and guitar and who was a friend of holly's and off and on band member before his death.

also there have been a butt load of covers, there's another i like done by the clash.

and one of the more active rockabilly groups, that still reunite to tour and record.

just a side note, one of my favorite reference to buddy holly was when sam beckett went back and was a vet in texas and had a kid that helped him take care of animals who would always sing to them. on this show he didn't leap until the end when the kid who was named buddy was singing a song to a piglet and sang piggy sooie, sam told him to change it to peggy sue.

one more for today, My Maria, always been a favorite

and as far as i'm concerned one of the best covers ever done for any song, except maybe Blue Bayou, when the original artist says that the song now belongs to cover artist that's hard to beat. hey i may have to post a couple of roy orbison tunes. any way,

said i may have to, so here they are,

his Blue Bayou,

and the super rock a billy band, years ago a read a story that harrison and lynne came up with a story about being related and only surviving members of a accent traveling minstrel tribe. i can't find it now below the video is the only one i can find that even hints they are related.

Quote:The Traveling Wilburys were a supergroup consisting of George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty. Harrison came up with the name of the band while the five of them were recording together in a studio. The band members each took on a pseudonym: Harrison was “Nelson Wilbury”, Lynne was “Otis Wilbury”, Orbison was “Lefty Wilbury”, Dylan was “Charlie T. Wilbury, Jr.” and Petty was “Muddy Wilbury”. My Baby was released as a single in 1988 and was written by Harrison.

The Traveling Wilburys: A Supergroup Of Renowned Musicians

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - A51Watcher2 - 02-23-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-26-2023

Dang me, dang me
They oughta take a rope and hang me
High from the highest tree
Woman, would you weep for me?

my do wacka do don't do me no good when i'm travelin.

Trailer's for sale or rent
Rooms to let, 50 cents
No phone, no pool, no pets
I ain't got no cigarettes

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-26-2023

Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug
Make you want to holler hi-de-ho
Burns your tummy, don'tcha know?
Chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug

now A Do Wacka Do

They tell me you're runnin' free your days are never blue
I wish I had your good-luck charm
And you had a do-wacka-do
Wacka-do, wacka-do, wacka-do, wacka-do, wacka-do

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - A51Watcher2 - 02-28-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-28-2023

their cover, cause i drinks a bit, and after 20 years i still........

Uncle Teddy / Mr Bojangles

Third Rate Romance Low Rent Rendezvous
He said I'll even tell you that I love you if you want me too
Thrid Rate Romance Low rent Rendezvous

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - SomeJackleg - 02-28-2023

Back to the days of Christopher Robin
Back to the ways of Christopher Robin
Back to the ways of Pooh,

She wouldn't make two mouthfuls of sandwich meat
Looked like the kind of girl who'd drink
More than she'd eat
Still and all, her legs were long
Guess I'd better slide on over and see what's goin' on

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - A51Watcher2 - 03-02-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - DaphneApollo - 03-08-2023

Bench seat.  Made me emotional.  Life’s full of twists and turns, this song will hit you hard in the end.  

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - A51Watcher2 - 03-13-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - EndtheMadnessNow - 03-16-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - Ninurta - 03-23-2023

I've never heard of these gals, but their accent sounds Cajun to me when they speak - 

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - DaphneApollo - 03-24-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - A51Watcher2 - 04-06-2023

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-23-2023

Samara Jade - Walls, Fences, Borders, Gates (Folk country)

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - EndtheMadnessNow - 04-25-2023

The Crippled Hillbillies - Death Come Riding

RE: Country Music - Honkey Tonk - Rockabilly & Lonesome Cowboy Blues - EndtheMadnessNow - 05-18-2023